Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you guys seen the Xiaomi SU7? Is it me or is this thing blowing the future M3PH out of the water? Because it looks hella good

SU7 Max Performance version – 299,900 yuan (41,500 USD)

101 kWh CATL Qilin
800 km CLTC range
0-100km/h acceleration in 2.78 seconds, 265 km/h top speed
Xiaomi Pilot Max ADAS
800V architecture (871V)
can charge 510 km range in 15 minutes
AWD, dual motors with a combined output of 495 kW (663 hp), 838 Nm torque
I mean personally I don’t like how it looks but that’s subjective.

Reactions: Lolo780
Have you guys seen the Xiaomi SU7? Is it me or is this thing blowing the future M3PH out of the water? Because it looks hella good

101 kWh CATL Qilin
800 km CLTC range
Xiaomi Pilot Max ADAS
800V architecture (871V)
There's zero chance that spec could sell for 41.5k in the US. Competition is always a good thing however and it can only push everyone to improve their products.

Reactions: cptnslo

101 kWh CATL Qilin
800 km CLTC range
Xiaomi Pilot Max ADAS
800V architecture (871V)
That's one of those cars you'd be better off waiting until several thousand had been delivered and driven around for a while before putting an order in for one.
There's a lot of tech stuff to go wrong in that SU7 and just because you can make a reliable smartphone doesn't mean you can make a reliable car.

That's one of those cars you'd be better off waiting until several thousand had been delivered and driven around for a while before putting an order in for one.
There's a lot of tech stuff to go wrong in that SU7 and just because you can make a reliable smartphone doesn't mean you can make a reliable car.
Absolutely. I've learnt my lesson with new cars and companies thar don't yet have a good track record with software.

I wonder if it's been impacting sales of the Performance which has a higher margin probably so they've removed it. Not sure it will come back but hope it does.
European Long Range Highland is still certified at 366kW maximum combined power. This is the certified power level with active acceleration boost, so Tesla has prepared the paperwork for activation of acceleration boost.

Also, when the current LG 5L, was introduced in Q4/2021 the acceleration boost was initially not available for these cars. It took weeks/months until it was offered as in app purchase.

This is not a confirmation for anything, but at least it provides some hope, that the feature will come in the near future.

European Long Range Highland is still certified at 366kW maximum combined power. This is the certified power level with active acceleration boost, so Tesla has prepared the paperwork for activation of acceleration boost.

Also, when the current LG 5L, was introduced in Q4/2021 the acceleration boost was initially not available for these cars. It took weeks/months until it was offered as in app purchase.

This is not a confirmation for anything, but at least it provides some hope, that the feature will come in the near future.
I guess the bit that got me is the Highland LR has the same motors, same battery as the pre-highland cars. There doesn't seem to be a technical reason to have held it back. I feel it's a decision they've made for some other reason.

Fingers crossed it comes. If the Ludicrous doesn't make sense for some reason I'll go with a LR so acceleration boost would be good.

Reactions: eivissa
Seeing as Q2 starts in a few hours for those of us on the east coast, I think there is zero chance this car is priced under $55k. $58-$60k seems very likely. That’s a roughly $10k gap between each M3 trim.

Renember the M3 LR when released was almost $2k less than it is today. Tesla had hot demand for it and raised the price a few times very quickly and the price has been steady ever since.

Now once demand dies down and it’s no longer the hot new item, they will almost certainly lower the price to drive sales. They could do it at the end of this year to try to increase their yearly sales.

I know COVID pricing was wild, but the Plaid was priced very high to start bc demand was off the charts for it.

Seeing as Q2 starts in a few hours for those of us on the east coast, I think there is zero chance this car is priced under $55k. $58-$60k seems very likely. That’s a roughly $10k gap between each M3 trim.

Renember the M3 LR when released was almost $2k less than it is today. Tesla had hot demand for it and raised the price a few times very quickly and the price has been steady ever since.

Now once demand dies down and it’s no longer the hot new item, they will almost certainly lower the price to drive sales. They could do it at the end of this year to try to increase their yearly sales.

I know COVID pricing was wild, but the Plaid was priced very high to start bc demand was off the charts for it.
This is what I keep guessing pricing at, potentially 62k but nobody will agree with me lol

8D7CCBC2-171C-43EB-9077-8973F339729C.png
8E942D0E-D594-4D3B-84FB-38DA85C4B455.png