Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_3594.jpeg

Yeah, performance wise I think it'll be on par with the new M3L, but way cheaper (before Fed incentive kicks in). I really hope gov. will allowance those Chinese EV imports (from consumer's perspective), but in reality they won't allow unfortunately.
The reason why they are so cheap is because the companies get government subsidies. All they do is churn out cheap EVs and flood. The European countries will learn their lesson soon once all their big important German car brands lose to the cheap Chinese brands flooding the European market.

You going to try and be the first competitive AutoX'er in a M3P? You think they will let it in anything besides EV-X for now?

Really depends on if the front uprights do well (sales-wise) and what they do with the new M3P.

If its more of the same, I'll probably move on. If its mid 2s 0-60 and ~125mph trap then that becomes a lot more appealing. My M3P feeling slow compared to my Evo but 125mph trap would help with that.

Isn’t it kind of odd for there to be a press release but without a time or invite for people to join? Usually Elon livestreams these kind of events no?
IMHO this looks like a small event for invited press. Could be wrong but I’ve attended a ton of things like that when I was doing auto journalism. They look just like that setup. Since we haven’t heard anything yet I’m guessing more leaks but official announcements during Q1 release.