Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could be just removed dampers for the module mount. Or could be an abs pump without pressure damper. I think that I had that on Evo X - it doesn't pulse abs, it's just quickly finds the edge of traction loss and stays there.

Basically it's a much faster direct pressure pump that maintains specific pressure rather than releasing it on lockups.

It's my guess. I'm not really an expert on that topic.

Chatgpt thinks maybe there is no hydraulic dampers in suspension and instead some electric motors absorbing excessive chassis energy back to the battery.

I don't think that it's the case - sounds too expensive even though it's doable and comes up soon on Porsche and Nio.

But who knows - it might be a test of new mass technology for suspension.

Could be just removed dampers for the module mount. Or could be an abs pump without pressure damper. I think that I had that on Evo X - it doesn't pulse abs, it's just quickly finds the edge of traction loss and stays there.

Basically it's a much faster direct pressure pump that maintains specific pressure rather than releasing it on lockups.

It's my guess. I'm not really an expert on that topic.

Chatgpt thinks maybe there is no hydraulic dampers in suspension and instead some electric motors absorbing excessive chassis energy back to the battery.

I don't think that it's the case - sounds too expensive even though it's doable and comes up soon on Porsche and Nio.

But who knows - it might be a test of new mass technology for suspension.
@eivissa where is this info about damperless esp is from? On the scheme you only have standard brake system parts.

Within the European type approval of the Model 3 there is a description of the braking system. With the latest revision 36, which includes introduction of the new M3P/M3L, this sentence was added.

Screenshot_20240414-231441.png

The added picture is out of the type approval for the braking system of the model 3, back when it was originally registered in Europe. So, this is just for the eye and has no connection to the mentioned sentence.

Within the European type approval of the Model 3 there is a description of the braking system. With the latest revision 36, which includes introduction of the new M3P/M3L, this sentence was added.

View attachment 1038553

The added picture is out of the type approval for the braking system of the model 3, back when it was originally registered in Europe. So, this is just for the eye and has no connection to the mentioned sentence.
Thanks.

Probably added ESP® hev so it can use regen only through brake pedal application until it runs out of regen capacity and only then use mechanical braking. None of that is damper, though.

Or it just might mean that esp doesn't control dampers.

So, I don't know, but sounds interesting anyway.

Thanks.

Probably added ESP® hev so it can use regen only through brake pedal application until it runs out of regen capacity and only then use mechanical braking. None of that is damper, though.

Or it just might mean that esp doesn't control dampers.

So, I don't know, but sounds interesting anyway.
TBH, even after 3 years of driving Model 3, I am still not liking one-pedal driving. It'll be awesome to see if M3L finally use Cooperative Regenerative Brake Systems (CRBS). This actually most probably be true given earlier leaks said regen can be completed turned off (I assume this refers to even not under track mode).

• Funny
Reactions: Mr X
TBH, even after 3 years of driving Model 3, I am still not liking one-pedal driving. It'll be awesome to see if M3L finally use Cooperative Regenerative Brake Systems (CRBS). This actually most probably be true given earlier leaks said regen can be completed turned off (I assume this refers to even not under track mode).
Hope not. I love 1-Pedal driving and actually wish the regen strength was much stronger. Ideally it would be stronger without the battery pack and motors overheating when pushed.

That very much depends on how it's implemented. Bosch system is not great - feeling is weird. On the street I prefer one pedal. On the track I prefer to not overheat battery with regen at all. Better abs is always welcome, though.

If the Panasonic battery would get the tax credit with the Model 3 Ludicrous why wouldn’t they use that pack for the current Model 3 LR to get the tax credit for that car?

What battery does the current Model Y LR use?
Could be a number of reasons:

1. Cannot make enough Panasonic battery packs these days for the volume so have to selectively use it
2. LG battery pack might be cheaper for them so they make more profit, even if the customer has to pay more
3. LG pack has better cold weather performance I believe (Someone correct me if I'm wrong here)
4. LG pack degrades less so maybe less warranty claims? (Again someone correct me if I'm wrong here)

Maybe some more but ultimately it must be a good reason to give up the tax credit you'd think for you folks in the US.

Could be a number of reasons:

1. Cannot make enough Panasonic battery packs these days for the volume so have to selectively use it
2. LG battery pack might be cheaper for them so they make more profit, even if the customer has to pay more
3. LG pack has better cold weather performance I believe (Someone correct me if I'm wrong here)
4. LG pack degrades less so maybe less warranty claims? (Again someone correct me if I'm wrong here)

Maybe some more but ultimately it must be a good reason to give up the tax credit you'd think for you folks in the US.

Bro, just say you don't know.

I'm just teasing btw, don't take me serious. 🍻

If the Panasonic battery would get the tax credit with the Model 3 Ludicrous why wouldn’t they use that pack for the current Model 3 LR to get the tax credit for that car?

Because they don't have any to spare. The Performance model was always a small % of Model 3 sales.

What battery does the current Model Y LR use?

2170s made in Nevada. The exact ones that USED to go in the 3 LR before they ran out of enough to supply both Y and 3- at which point the 3LR went away entirely for a while, then came back with Chinese batteries.

It seems like the original plan was to put more and more 4680s into the Y, freeing up 2170s for the 3--- but 4680 scaling had been way behind schedule so this wasn't able to happen-- now the (still relatively few) they make go into Cybertrucks.

They PLAN to add a bunch more 4680 capacity by end of the year- meaning they might be able to free up 2170s for the 3 next year--- but then as we've seen plans don't always work out.

• Informative
Reactions: mpgxsvcd