Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gotcha. No judgement on my end. Just asking out of curiosity since this will be my first Tesla. For others here, does that sound about right? I do know tint shops complain that tinting rear glass is notoriously difficult to work with, more glass in general than other cars, etc.
No worries, didnt mean to come off snippy. I did run into shops saying "as you may know Teslas rear window has to be done in 2 pieces" which is totally false. So I def advise to ask around to find someone who will do it in one piece. 2 peices with a seam is an absolute non-starter for me.

Reactions: evfangirl and kmrnt
No worries, didnt mean to come off snippy. I did run into shops saying "as you may know Teslas rear window has to be done in 2 pieces" which is totally false. So I def advise to ask around to find someone who will do it in one piece. 2 peices with a seam is an absolute non-starter for me.
Ahhh, good to know! Appreciate it and congrats 🙏🏼

Reactions: zoomer0056
  • Helpful
Reactions: Troy
@birdie2473, @Bryant Tran, @CartierX, @Casablanca, @happyelegance, @j2brian703, @Jaycha2, @kavocat
Is it possible to share your VIN excluding the last two digits? For example, 731,4XX. I use these to calculate production. Thank you for your help.

@bespoke11, @Fatal, @FielderJones, @Lent53, @VS325, @Vybz
Thank you for the VIN. Congrats on your new car. I wish you a great ownership experience.
Are those stats you’ve been working on public anywhere? Curious to see the results of what you’ve been working on!

@birdie2473, @Bryant Tran, @CartierX, @Casablanca, @happyelegance, @j2brian703, @Jaycha2, @kavocat
Is it possible to share your VIN excluding the last two digits? For example, 731,4XX. I use these to calculate production. Thank you for your help.

@bespoke11, @Fatal, @FielderJones, @Lent53, @VS325, @Vybz
Thank you for the VIN. Congrats on your new car. I wish you a great ownership experience.
Hey @Troy
I know you didn't ask, but I'm giving you mine anyways: 7326XX
Ordered 2/9, got VIN assigned Today
LR SG, Black Interior, 18"
Bay Area, CA

Was looking for a little more confidence from the SA, since it took 2 days for a reply. Still crossing fingers for the 'white int' folks out there like myself.

Holding strong at March 27-31, still no VIN though.

IMG_8079.jpg

Was looking for a little more confidence from the SA, since it took 2 days for a reply. Still crossing fingers for the 'white int' folks out there like myself.

Holding strong at March 27-31, still no VIN though.

View attachment 1030338
Oh wow on or before March 31st is wild that is within the next 10 days and no one even has a VIN yet lol 😝 I do hope they are right tho hahaha

Reactions: catxi and chsilva
Just a happy update

So made the drive from Raleigh to Chicago (~16-17hrs)..my god was the car responsive and comfortable. But as a first time EV owner, I lost 4-5hrs with all the charging stops that I otherwise wouldn’t have with a gasoline car.

Wanted to take it in for a hand car wash but ended up opting in for a paint correction with hand wax bc of micro scratches all over the hood and side panels. Surprisingly bugs are minimally splattered and don’t even adhere to the paint the way they did with my much older and shittier Accord. Returned console trays bc they don’t rly fit right. Installed mud flaps myself. Have a service appt scheduled soon for panel gaps/exterior defects as previously described.

Tesla floor mats are amazing except wish they extend higher up near the foot rests. Dog cover sucks. Keeps sliding around on the leather seats even though it’s secured into the rear seat.

That’s it for now - always available for questions and will keep checking in here periodically. Time to move onto the next big phase in my life :)

Just a happy update

So made the drive from Raleigh to Chicago (~16-17hrs)..my god was the car responsive and comfortable. But as a first time EV owner, I lost 4-5hrs with all the charging stops that I otherwise wouldn’t have with a gasoline car.

Wanted to take it in for a hand car wash but ended up opting in for a paint correction with hand wax bc of micro scratches all over the hood and side panels. Surprisingly bugs are minimally splattered and don’t even adhere to the paint the way they did with my much older and shittier Accord. Returned console trays bc they don’t rly fit right. Installed mud flaps myself. Have a service appt scheduled soon for panel gaps/exterior defects as previously described.

Tesla floor mats are amazing except wish they extend higher up near the foot rests. Dog cover sucks. Keeps sliding around on the leather seats even though it’s secured into the rear seat.

That’s it for now - always available for questions and will keep checking in here periodically. Time to move onto the next big phase in my life :)

did you follow a route from ABRP? I've looked at some pretty long ones in there and it splits the charging up into pretty small chunks (more often for less time)

Reactions: Troy
all its done!! wow -- relief. been a long journey, and up until i actually saw the car, i questioned if It was truly going to receive it.....

delivered today at 11:00 am. pretty easy process, I think the center said they had 40 cars to deliver today, but might have miss heard them.
Signed a lemon law document and a copy of the sale agreement literally took 20 seconds.

car seems pretty good, panel gaps look good, ambient light is slightly off, but not a big deal. no other issues. had them buff out a minor scratch, was just a service scratch, came right out.

cars must have gotten their last night, were dirty, i waited an extra 30 minutes for them to clean the car, and I still needed to wipe it down when i got home. No biggy.

drives great, rwd is fast enough for me -- wow. 1 footed driving is almost like riding a bike, just seems simpler to be honest.
very very quiet, sound system sounds great, might be lacking that thump since it doesn't have a true sub. But very clean and crip sound.
hard to get used to the tiny mirrors etc.

pictures don't do the stealth grey justice, very nice in the sunlight -- color pops and has that metallic finish a bit.

tesla 1.jpg
tesla 2.jpg
tesla 3.jpg