Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 1-10-2024
M3LR White on White/19 Nova
SoCal OC

EDD Jan 25th - Feb 8th
Might change to 2024 M3P if an announcement is made during earnings call and if price is right.

Attachments

• IMG_6955.jpeg
    IMG_6955.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: sydneylax
Ordered LR 1/10 and now see estimated delivery Feb2-March 3. Located in NJ.
Am planning to lease to take advantage of the 7.5k off. Understand the cons of leases but generally prefer to replace/upgrade every 3 years.

Anyone else doing so will be interested that Tesla is charging a crazy 10% interest rate, but residual is a pretty high 69% ( 12k/36). Overall still a decent deal with the 7.5k off.

Reactions: Tezla1
Am planning to lease to take advantage of the 7.5k off. Understand the cons of leases but generally prefer to replace/upgrade every 3 years.

Anyone else doing so will be interested that Tesla is charging a crazy 10% interest rate, but residual is a pretty high 69% ( 12k/36). Overall still a decent deal with the 7.5k off.
Same situation here! Also in NJ, I ordered the day after you and my estimate is March 1st - 31st :/

Out of curiosity, where did you get those numbers from? MF and Res

I was sent a txt today from Tesla asking to complete my financing task in order to continue with delivery.

I was planning to wait till after VIN is assigned prior to submitting the Tesla lease application.

But, I went ahead and did it today since they asked lol

Maybe it means we are close !

I was sent a txt today from Tesla asking to complete my financing task in order to continue with delivery.

I was planning to wait till after VIN is assigned prior to submitting the Tesla lease application.

But, I went ahead and did it today since they asked lol

Maybe it means we are close !
Isn’t it normally that they won’t even move forward with a VIN until all those tasks, including financing selection, are complete? At least that’s what I’ve heard

Isn’t it normally that they won’t even move forward with a VIN until all those tasks, including financing selection, are complete? At least that’s what I’ve heard
I am a true believer that if you complete the task faster you will get the VIN sooner.

I heard that the workaround was to put cash to later move it to leasing or finance when the time is near.

I am a true believer that if you complete the task faster you will get the VIN sooner.

I heard that the workaround was to put cash to later move it to leasing or finance when the time is near.
This is what I heard as well, unfortunately I heard it after I set up my lease and my lease terms are going to expire before march. So I’ll have to figure out what to do when that happens.

If you put cash initially, up to when can you revert to lease?
Yes! At least that is what the guides said you can do, you would just call up Tesla once you have a VIN and change it to Lease/Loan at that point. This way they don’t check your credit twice. If you’re considered call Tesla before you do this to confirm but apparently they’ve been recommending people do this.

Yes! At least that is what the guides said you can do, you would just call up Tesla once you have a VIN and change it to Lease/Loan at that point. This way they don’t check your credit twice. If you’re considered call Tesla before you do this to confirm but apparently they’ve been recommending people do this.
Depends of how good is your credit is the advice. Good credit 15 days delivery window. 30 days delivery window, I could do 20-25 days before delivery to have a plan b if the loan or tesla financing rejects you. Car loans enquiry in 30 days is considered loan shopping.

If APR is bad you can always refinance down the line.

Reactions: Javid010