Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time posting here. Currently driving Polestar 2 Perf, previously Tesla MYP. Going back to Tesla! Test drove M3 RWD yesterday at Gardens Mall. Huge improvement in my opinion.

Ordered 1/20
M3 LR, Stealth Grey, Black Interior, Nova Wheels
Original EDD Feb - Mar
Updated 1/30 to Mar 18 - Mar 31
No change since!

First time posting here. Currently driving Polestar 2 Perf, previously Tesla MYP. Going back to Tesla! Test drove M3 RWD yesterday at Gardens Mall. Huge improvement in my opinion.

Ordered 1/20
M3 LR, Stealth Grey, Black Interior, Nova Wheels
Original EDD Feb - Mar
Updated 1/30 to Mar 18 - Mar 31
No change since!
How did it improve compared to your MYP? What stood out the most?

The SA advisor have access to the soft match tool. It forecast when your car might arrive to the delivery center. It grabs the production plan and attach to a truck/train to final destination

However, that tool is not accurate, I already had 3 dates that already moved lol. The SAs that says that your car will be in x date without a VIN is in the best case scenario using the soft match tool. They are telling that to people to avoid you canceling the order.

When you had a VIN you will have certainty that the car will arrive in the promised date in 98% unless your car fall from the truck.

Just an opinion.

Weekend arrives and Tesla make a desperate move to increase sales by convincing to hard core followers ditch their old car with FSD/Supercharger lifetime and move their benefits to a new one.

At the start it was SXY and no model 3 in a move to get rid of the old inventory and meet quaterly results... but the hard core followers do not want to move to the old outdated SXY. They want the brand new thing! And they added Model 3. Everyone cheers until there is a small detail... delivery need to happen before March 31.

Then a increase of 1k to LR. Why? To avoid cancelations because people is tired of waiting and build quality seen in the demo (the LED strip)? Performance model rumors that is making people wait? Also lot of people changing configs? (any change in LR will 1k mpre money) RWD not selling well?

But do not worry, you can call Tesla to help out.... but with the current call volume it is like calling the IRS in tax season, the lines of help are collapsed.

Bonus: financing FSD are counted. You cannot repo FSD or insurance companies are willing to pay for insurance in case of accident. Can I transfer my crashed car FSD to my new Tesla? Or my unpaid loan will allow me to transfer the FSD? Maybe

Last edited:
What's the best way to delay an order at this point? I ordered the RWD M3H on 1/25 and it's all base options.

Current EDD is 2/16 to 3/15.

Can I change color or options to go to the back of the line again? No cost change to the RWD yet, but I don't want to lose my place only to pay more later.

Thanks,

Looks like I’m getting mine within a week or so!

Long Range, Blue Exterior, Black Interior, 18” wheels

Order Date: 1/13
Original EDD: Feb-Mar
Update #1 (1/20): Mar 7th - Mar 31st
Update #2: (2/2): Feb 19th - Mar 18th
Update #3: (2/4): Feb 7th - Feb 16th

Question for you all since this is my first Tesla: Does anyone know if the location listed on the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement is the center I’ll have to pickup from? I was hoping to take delivery at the one closer to me (30 mins) but the one listed is about 2 hours away. Thanks!

How did it improve compared to your MYP? What stood out the most?
I know everyone has mentioned this before, but the ride is so much smoother and also how quiet the cabin is. I think the use of softer materials inside has also deadened a lot of the noise. There seemed to be a lot more hard plastic used previously from what I can remember. The double glazed glass all around obviously makes a difference as well.

Reactions: luginewo
Not that I’ve seen. I ordered on 1/10 with white interior and my EDD Is 02/16-03/15 which is the same as someone above who ordered on 1/25. Pretty weird. (I’m in Dallas)
Yeah, it's pretty weird how the EDDs are changing. I ordered on the 11th of January, and many others with the same configuration as me have VIN assigned and EDDs within the next week or so. Likely due to living on the east coast. Hopeful for an update this week.

Yeah, it's pretty weird how the EDDs are changing. I ordered on the 11th of January, and many others with the same configuration as me have VIN assigned and EDDs within the next week or so. Likely due to living on the east coast. Hopeful for an update this week.
You mean west coast? I’ve only seen people from California get their VINS & EDDs. I’m from the east coast and I haven’t even had an EDD update since Jan 25th ☹️ I just texted my advisor to see if he knew anything.

You mean west coast? I’ve only seen people from California get their VINS & EDDs. I’m from the east coast and I haven’t even had an EDD update since Jan 25th ☹️ I just texted my advisor to see if he knew anything.
Oops nevermind! Read your message wrong. Us being on the east is definitely why ours is taking longer. Sucks though

Reactions: xelanoslen