Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What % tint do you guys think is best for Teslas? I was thinking 20% but i'm not sure if that's too
My wife’s 2018 has 35%. It’s a touch too dark for me at night. So I’m having 40% installed right now @G5 Tint in Pasadena.

I had an X7 with 25% on the front side windows and I had it removed as it was way too dark at night.

But all very subjective. Any reputable tint shop can show you the options and maybe install a small piece so you can see.

Attachments

• IMG_0710.jpeg
    IMG_0710.jpeg
    721.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0711.jpeg
    IMG_0711.jpeg
    630.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0712.jpeg
    IMG_0712.jpeg
    529.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0714.jpeg
    IMG_0714.jpeg
    604 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0715.jpeg
    IMG_0715.jpeg
    629.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0716.jpeg
    IMG_0716.jpeg
    764.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
My wife’s 2018 has 35%. It’s a touch too dark for me at night. So I’m having 40% installed right now @G5 Tint in Pasadena.

I had an X7 with 25% on the front side windows and I had it removed as it was way too dark at night.

But all very subjective. Any reputable tint shop can show you the options and maybe install a small piece so you can see.
I believe i have 40% on now and i think its too light :/ i dont like when people are able to see me

Reactions: 305Josh
Damn 15 might be tooo dark hahah im debating between 20 and 30. I got quoted $1300 to do the ENTIRE car... which IMO is insane. $575 for all 4 windows with Ceramic pro. Idk if its worth it lol i've never paid that for tints.
Def too expensive for tints. I got quoted here by my house $500 ceramic also. The issue is you have to tint that whole rear window if not you’ll see the separation on the window of the tint. That’s why they are running so expensive. But that person trying to rip you off. I’ll get other quotes if I were you

Damn 15 might be tooo dark hahah im debating between 20 and 30. I got quoted $1300 to do the ENTIRE car... which IMO is insane. $575 for all 4 windows with Ceramic pro. Idk if it’s worth it lol i've never paid that for tints.
I’m coming from a car that even has the windshield tinted lol but I’m not going to do it on the Tesla so I’m going alil darker than what I have now. I have 30 all around the car right now

Def too expensive for tints. I got quoted here by my house $500 ceramic also. The issue is you have to tint that whole rear window if not you’ll see the separation on the window of the tint. That’s why they are running so expensive. But that person trying to rip you off. I’ll get other quotes if I were you
Definitely am. But they're known for Teslas in South FL so they do great work. They're called Signature Customs. Not sure if you've heard of them but it's worth it to check their ig

Reactions: 305Josh
I wrote a review with pictures yesterday, but admin still has not approved so I'll post the info here in this thread.

2024 Model 3 Delivery Today in Burbank, CA​

Order date: 1/10/2024 @ 9:30a
VIN: 2/4/2024
Delivery date: 2/8/2024
Stealth Grey
Black interior
19" Nova's
Long Range

Pick up today was quick and seamless in Burbank, CA. Build quality is good. The car is fast, comfortable, quiet, responsive and handles potholes with ease when compared to our 2018 Model 3, and 2021 Model Y. 40% FormulaOne Pinnacle Ceramic tint being installed tomorrow afternoon. All side windows, and the rear windshield with one piece.

This weekend I'll remove the red dots on the tires (I hate seeing those), then I'll hand polish with Ceramic Polish & Wax, then seal with Ceramic Spray Wax and Microfiber Towels, and use this on the interior Ceramic + Graphene Inside Job.

Once I receive my new cable from Enhauto S3XY Buttons, I'll install two buttons. One for brake regen control, unsure of the other for now.

I decided not to purchase and did a two year lease, as my 12 year old will be too tall for the rear seats in a couple years and we will need something bigger. I'm 6'2" so rear legroom is tight with me in the drivers position.

View attachment 1016980

View attachment 1016981
View attachment 1016983
View attachment 1016984

View attachment 1016985
View attachment 1016986
Congratulations. It looks beautiful.

Been trying to sell my car on FB Marketplace for the last week, people offer, i accept, then they come to see it and they end up offering less lol. I'm so stressed I wont get what i need for this down payment for the M3.

I'm in the same boat, I would recommend posting on all the different sites. I have mine up on Craigslist, FB, offerup, autotrader. I'm also posting the asking price a little above what I'm hoping to get because people will low-ball. A detail and good quality pictures will go a long way too.