Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my new Model 3 on January 30th. Today I just picked it up from RPM Tesla in Rancho Santa Margarita. I got PPF on hood, fenders, bumper, lights and mirrors. Window Tint 35 on all windows except windshield. Ceramic Coating to finish it off. All products were from Xpel

I feel that the PPF is the most important. The Tesla paint seems to chip so easily and now with a hood that slopes event more makes it more vulnerable to rock chips. The window tint definitely reduces strain with cooling system. Without tint, you feel the heat from the sun on your arm when driving. The tint reflects the heat. What do you think?

IMG_9319.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9310.jpeg
    IMG_9310.jpeg
    909.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9308.jpeg
    IMG_9308.jpeg
    998.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9312.jpeg
    IMG_9312.jpeg
    758.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9317.jpeg
    IMG_9317.jpeg
    829.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_9307.jpeg
    IMG_9307.jpeg
    799.2 KB · Views: 15
I picked up my new Model 3 on January 30th. Today I just picked it up from RPM Tesla in Rancho Santa Margarita. I got PPF on hood, fenders, bumper, lights and mirrors. Window Tint 35 on all windows except windshield. Ceramic Coating to finish it off. All products were from Xpel

I feel that the PPF is the most important. The Tesla paint seems to chip so easily and now with a hood that slopes event more makes it more vulnerable to rock chips. The window tint definitely reduces strain with cooling system. Without tint, you feel the heat from the sun on your arm when driving. The tint reflects the heat. What do you think?

View attachment 1017095
Beautiful !

Reactions: zoomer0056

View attachment 1017095
Very nice!

View attachment 1017095
I love the royal blue. What a beauty! Enjoy. 👍🏽

View attachment 1017095
Just put my name into the queue at RPM, going to do the full clear bra, ceramic coat. Just curious if you've been hassled for 35 tint in so-cal. Can't decide on 35 or 40...

Received VIN this morning on Connecticut bound highland! Ordered 01/10 SR Stealth/black. When I checked the app this morning, a message said there were changes to my order and I needed to login to my account to review. Once I confirmed that I was aware the vehicle wouldn’t have ultrasonic sensors, the app updated with a Feb 23 - Mar 2 delivery and I had a vin!

Just put my name into the queue at RPM, going to do the full clear bra, ceramic coat. Just curious if you've been hassled for 35 tint in so-cal. Can't decide on 35 or 40...
I didn’t think 40 was offered??? Our 2018 M3 had 40 and it was perfect. I have 30 on my Model S which looks really good for two years now with no issues. If you do get a ticket, you can just pay a higher fine and the tint doesn’t have to be removed. My son got a speeding ticket coming down the mountain in Big Bear and they added the tint ticket as an extra benefit.

I didn’t think 40 was offered??? Our 2018 M3 had 40 and it was perfect. I have 30 on my Model S which looks really good for two years now with no issues. If you do get a ticket, you can just pay a higher fine and the tint doesn’t have to be removed. My son got a speeding ticket coming down the mountain in Big Bear and they added the tint ticket as an extra benefit.
40 may not actually be offered I have a return call on Monday to clarify! Good to know about the fine(s), might as well tack it on bc I'm def not putting on a front plate except for road trips.

Reactions: Falcon73
Received VIN this morning on Connecticut bound highland! Ordered 01/10 SR Stealth/black. When I checked the app this morning, a message said there were changes to my order and I needed to login to my account to review. Once I confirmed that I was aware the vehicle wouldn’t have ultrasonic sensors, the app updated with a Feb 23 - Mar 2 delivery and I had a vin!
Same order date and config as you, got my VIN on 2/7 and I've basically got the same EDD 2/23 - 3/1 here in Virginia. Looks like a shipment for the east coast will be hitting the road by late next week!

Order Date: 1/22
Original EDD: Feb-Mar
Update #1: Mar-Apr
Update #2: 2/2: Mar 13th - Mar 31st

Long Range, Blue Exterior, White Interior, EAP, 18” wheels.
Update, smaller delivery window today. No VIN yet.

Order Date: 1/22
Original EDD: Feb-Mar
Update #1: Mar-Apr
Update #2: 2/2: Mar 13 - Mar 31
Update #3: 2/10: Mar 21 - 31

Long Range, Blue Exterior, White Interior, EAP, 18” wheels. Taking delivery at the Oneida, NY delivery center.

Good morning!

I also received a smaller delivery date window this morning! Still no VIN.

Order date 1/21
SR, White, Black int, 19" Nova
EDD: 2/12 - 3/11
Update #1 on 2/10: 2/12 - 2/26
No VIN yet

Question: Could I really be contacted to pick up on Monday or is that not likely????

Thanks!

Thats awesome... I ordered a LR on 1/10 in connecticut. hopefully it means my VIN is coming soon too. I asked, and If you are close to Mohegun Sun, thats where they are doing pickups for that part of the state