Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My speculation on the LR situation is that they are just getting a ton of orders on them. Price hike due to demand, push back in dates for new orders due to demand. I don’t think anything is wrong with them based on that limited info we have- but I do want my vin though! 😅
It is difficult to predict Tesla decisions. Price hike is to avoid people change configuration (if you change wheels, color or seats you might need to pay the extra 1.5 k now). This make easier production and planning.

In addition, drive people to order Model Y. If you take into account, Model Y LR is 10k less expensive than Model 3 LR (1k for the price reduction, 1.5 k for the new Model 3 Price hikes, and 7.5 k tax benefit).

To make the things more sweet, you do not have to wait 2-3 months for delivery and FSD/supercharger transfers are possible. If you tell people that there is no 2024 refresh, and Europe is getting price increases... that cause an effect to improve US sales and remove inventory.

Besides, your order date, people with multiple teslas and influencers are getting their orders faster for Model 3 Highland. Same happened with Cyber truck... that somehow lot of influencers got it before normal customers when they were not founder orders. Source: tiktok influencers I follow and youtube channels.

Besides, your order date, people with multiple teslas and influencers are getting their orders faster for Model 3 Highland. Same happened with Cyber truck... that somehow lot of influencers got it before normal customers when they were not founder orders. Source: tiktok influencers I follow and youtube channels.
Reading this, I remember them doing this when the Model 3 was first introduced (early 2018 I think it was). If you owned a Tesla previously, you jumped the queue for getting a Model 3.

Also totally agree when you said it's difficult to predict Tesla. One other thing I've noticed, people tend to rely heavily on what "my Service Advisor" says, but in reality I think the advisors are mainly guessing and giving opinions because they aren't well-informed on how Corporate is gonna choose to do things. I'm as impatient as the next person (or more so), but we all need to take "SA says..." at not much more than opinions/guesses for anything that's not well-established information. For example, a SA I chatted with online specifically told me I needed to add FSD to the new build (even though I want to transfer from current). About a week later I got the form, and that person removed it from my online order. Hoping it wasn't his removal that was wrong! Feeling like the tail on the dog getting wagged around and just hoping it all works out, including delivery estimates which fluctuate wildly (currently mid/late March for me). But I'm also willing to cancel the order and walk away if they refuse to honor the FSD transfer because they didn't make the delivery estimate. In reality, I really wanted the new M3P when it comes out, but FSD transfer sweetened the pot too much to say no.

Checked this morning and nothing. Not even an edd change. What the guy said up there ^^ about exactly 30 days makes a little more sense, I’ll be waiting until the 17th and if I still don’t get a vin around that date I’m gonna start getting annoyed lolol
I ordered 1/10 and still no vin. Longer EDD than most who ordered after me by up to 2 weeks lol.

Same here, mine still shows Feb 24 - Mar 23 & I have the exact same configuration as you. Do you guys think the white interior is holding things up? Of all of the deliveries that I’ve seen, only 1 has had white interior.
Mine has been sitting at Feb 23rd to March 29th, hasn’t been updated other than that one ^ on Jan 25th. But my config is black on black and rwd. Not sure why so many of us still have a month range