Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mean, I ordered RWD on 1/17 and I've only had one update since the order. No vin, no shorter EDD, no EDD change. It's upsetting and annoying

I don't think it makes sense to be upset when your EDD is somewhere in the future and has been the same the whole time. If your EDD had come and gone, sure. That's why they give you an estimated date. I'm not sure why people are expecting their EDD to move up.

Muted at full blast??? Dude those were the clearest loudest speakers ive ever heard in a stock car lol i turned it to max at a gas station during my demo & i swear it was so loud i immediately turned it down cause i didn’t think my ears could handle it😂 (to be fair im coming from a 04 maxima) i could only imagine what the AWD sounds like, geesh.. I do agree with the ”anticlimactic” its loud w no bass
Yea I turned up the volume all the way and it only felt like 20%. It was so quiet. I assume it was bc it was the demo and they set it so that people can't mess with speakers. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: EMM97
is there like an excel sheet

I hate Tesla's way of communicating (and am not a fan of M*sk at all) -- but they do straight up say that differences in trim, color, interior and tires affect the timing of the orders -- which is clearly what's going on here.

They started w AWD deliveries.
Now they're doing some RWD deliveries before going back to AWD. But yeah, ppl this week who ordered RWD after 1/10-1/20 are getting cars before some ppl who ordered AWD earlier. It's frustrating but they've actually been up front that configuration changes when you get it.

What we've seen very little of are cars with white interior and certain paints. Those combined with location are a hold up.
The communication is at the heart of all of this I would agree. I know manufacturing is difficult, but I think it’s pathetic they can’t be more specific with a delivery date than a month long range. I ordered the night of 1/9 and the best Tesla can do is late Feb to late March?

Also I didn’t see hardly any AWD units get delivered. The overwhelming majority is RWD. I don’t get why they have to crank out RWDs for so long. Is a week of RWD and a week of AWD really that difficult?

I don't think it makes sense to be upset when your EDD is somewhere in the future and has been the same the whole time. If your EDD had come and gone, sure. That's why they give you an estimated date. I'm not sure why people are expecting their EDD to move up.
I agree, I think people in this thread have lost sight of that the "E" in "EDD" stands for.

I would wager it is almost more of a hassle for Tesla to give any estimated delivery date with the amount of noise it generates to their staff.

We are all human and we all have our own opinions & emotions. I say let people be upset about their EDDs if they get delayed. Let people get upset if their EDDs aren’t being pushed forward. Let people be upset if they haven’t gotten a VIN in 30+ days. 🙂 who cares. We’re all just excited.
I am not talking about the content of 1720 posts in this thread. You want to vent in a forum thread called "waiting room", go ahead.

I am talking about what is being described in this thread as happening via text, email, and face to face interactions with actual people who have to deal with the volume of complaints about an estimated date range.

I mean, I ordered RWD on 1/17 and I've only had one update since the order. No vin, no shorter EDD, no EDD change. It's upsetting and annoying
Remember where you (and I) are. Florida. Almost as far away as you can get from Fremont. I ordered on 1/13 and only have one EDD update. Its all about logistics and production schedules. As I've said here multiple times, we dont know the capacity and schedule of production and availability of transportation. Once your car gets on a train, it will be a week minimum to get to your SC. I'm not terribly optimistic they can meet end of March delivery, but that is end of quarter and I know they do everything to deliver by then. Lots of deep breaths. Been there, done that.

Today is the start of my EDD range! Expecting a push back in times but I just hope the push back is a smaller more accurate window if so! (A vin would be cooler though) Long Range gang has is bad man lol
Good luck!! I’m rooting for you.
You’re the test case for the non-CA LR (and white interior too) whose number has come up. Ordered a day before me and currently sit 4 days ahead on EDD. Hoping you get some good news!

Remember where you (and I) are. Florida. Almost as far away as you can get from Fremont. I ordered on 1/13 and only have one EDD update. Its all about logistics and production schedules. As I've said here multiple times, we dont know the capacity and schedule of production and availability of transportation. Once your car gets on a train, it will be a week minimum to get to your SC. I'm not terribly optimistic they can meet end of March delivery, but that is end of quarter and I know they do everything to deliver by then. Lots of deep breaths. Been there, done that.
You don’t believe they’ll be in Florida until End of March? Sorry if I’m not reading your message right lol