Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today is the culture of getting thing fast. Amazon was able to change the perspective of the people by two day shipping and free returns. The technology is so advanced that we are able to know where is a package and how long it takes to arrive to your home. UPS, Fedex, even USPS. You can follow the delivery truck real time.

The consumer now have the power to decide to choose the best seller, the fastest shipment and the best product.

Customers of Tesla are not the same like years ago willing to wait without limit and get a low quality car. The customer want transparency, the product quick and with outstanding quality. Model 3 Highland is meeting the quality expectations but still short in other areas. Why the US Gigafactory still cannot achieve the numbers of Berlin or China?

Fierce competition is coming. Rivian R2 being announced in March 7 with competitive prices. BYOD building a plant in Mexico and therefore bringing the cars to US. Time is running out.

If Tesla do not evolve it will be like Apple. When a new iphone launched years ago you had to wait months, now you can get it in launch date and it is selling less due to the fierce competition and the product is not innovative. The customer wants more!

If the car does not arrive in time before my loan expires I will consider other options. Also I will request a chargeback for the 250 because they failed the promise of delivery January-February when I placed the order. I trusted Tesla delivering the car when I had 2 weeks interval with delivery in Feb 5th. I got ready the downpayment and the accesories. Then puff! Your car got delayed 4 weeks or more without explanation... my SA just said "you need to wait and reapply for the loan."
exactly....and they miss in little areas that would be easy to implement. imo, adding a digital rear view mirror and heads up display would make the cars x10 better.

Reactions: Falcon73
Updated EDD.

Ordered 1/10
1. Feb - March
2. Feb 14 - March 20
3. Feb 16 - march 15
now: March 9 - 31st.
Noooooo!

My EDD is doing the thing where the start date updates to today's date but the end date stays the same. Someone in the allocation department really wants me to stay ahead of the pack with the total number of EDD windows...11 So far!

• Informative
Reactions: Falcon73
Updated EDD FINALLY!
OD 1/17
EDD #1 - Feb 23rd - March 29th
EDD #2 - March 1st - March 8th!
Screenshot 2024-02-17 at 10.39.37 AM.jpeg

No vin though.
Location; South Florida

Last edited:
Yet another sad EDD update. This sucks.

LR, stealth gray, black interior, 18", Southern California
Order date: 1/10
Original estimate: Feb - March
1st update (1/22): Feb 18 - March 24
2nd update (2/2): Feb 11 - Feb 25
3rd update (2/12): Feb 16 - Mar 1
Now (2/17): Mar 5 - 31
This one makes no sense. Black interior in CA ordered 1/10. Wow. WTF are they doing?

Yet another sad EDD update. This sucks.

LR, stealth gray, black interior, 18", Southern California
Order date: 1/10
Original estimate: Feb - March
1st update (1/22): Feb 18 - March 24
2nd update (2/2): Feb 11 - Feb 25
3rd update (2/12): Feb 16 - Mar 1
Now (2/17): Mar 5 - 31

Basically same config but black, your 3rd EDD aligns with my 10th EDD, my update today though is shorter 2/17-3/1. I keep getting optimistic, but I think your window is more realistic. It does not make much sense...
Does anyone see like 10 black M3H's in the flyover? that would fill basically our whole sheet

Decided to book my first demo drive today to lift the spirits and confirm I’m making the right decision. Maybe driving a Model 3 will manifest a VIN haha
Did the same. Headed there this afternoon. Hoping to see both interior options to see if I’d be happy with the black instead. Considering switching if it could get delivered sooner. Sold my i4 at the end of January (when I had a Feb 1-15 EDD) and I’m getting annoyed renting cars weekly.

Would love it if I got a knowledgeable employee that could shed some light on the white interior delays, but seriously doubt it.

Did the same. Headed there this afternoon. Hoping to see both interior options to see if I’d be happy with the black instead. Considering switching if it could get delivered sooner. Sold my i4 at the end of January (when I had a Feb 1-15 EDD) and I’m getting annoyed renting cars weekly.

Would love it if I got a knowledgeable employee that could shed some light on the white interior delays, but seriously doubt it.
I'm headed in for the same conversation, my TA was stoked and called me super early so I could be the first order for their location...

Reactions: zoomer0056
Another EDD update this morning 2/17/24. I am in the Los Angeles area.
LR. stealth gray, white, nova wheels
Order Date 1-10-24
***** New EDD Feb. 26 - March 30 *******

Is it possible that this New Tesla Model 3 is hand made and being imported from Italy? **sarcasm**

Like I have been saying all along, I feel Tesla will push most of the deliveries out to the very end of the quarter (March 2024). This is good if you own Tesla stock, but not such a good experience if you are buying a Tesla. I guess I will take a break from looking at my phone app, and this forum, and come back second half of march. Have a great weekend!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: catxi