Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So while we wait…what are we all most excited about with the car? I’ve never had an EV, worked pretty hard to get this one. I’m stoked for the tech and the speed. Oh and the white interior? Dope, I hope the car is as gorgeous as I imagine.
I've had my deep metalic blue/cream 2022 MSLR for two years and 16,000 miles. I could write a book but will just say, no more gas stations, home charging, acceleration when I want it ....

I did the 3D Maxpider mats in my last M3 since the Telsa shop was out of stock in all of their floor mat options when I took delivery. They were nice and easy to clean, quick vacuum to get the big stuff then spray with all purpose interior cleaner and wipe down with an old micro fiber cloth. Went right back to looking like new every time.
I also have the 3D Maxpider mats in my current M3 and they are exactly as great as EODPat describes. Will definitely buy a new set for my next M3.

Reactions: zoomer0056
So while we wait…what are we all most excited about with the car? I’ve never had an EV, worked pretty hard to get this one. I’m stoked for the tech and the speed. Oh and the white interior? Dope, I hope the car is as gorgeous as I imagine.
Same -- never had an ev, honestly have had gas guzzlers.
94 ford bronco, jeep wrangler, suburban, lexus gx 460 -- all eat gas.

ever since the highland leaks start appearing, i knew I had to have it.
Honestly, i'm most looking forward to not having to carry keys. I'm over keys. I'm over push button starts, I'm over key fobs and my wife getting out of the car at restaurants with the keys in her purse.

Honestly, this will be my first car buying on my own. My first car was gifted from my dad for turning 16, so I’m really proud of myself for being able to afford such an upgrade. I’m most excited for the ambient lighting (I’m annoying when it comes to little things lol) and I’m a huge music person so the upgraded sound system compared to my current car. But also the speed LOL my car is a turtle!

For me, driving dynamics. I was so torn between new v8 mustang and model 3. I know they are on the complete opposite end of the spectrum haha. I always loved the sound that coyote makes and I wanted to own good handling v8 muscle before they completely go extinct. At the same time, I was also curious about evs because I always heard about ‘low center of gravity’, ‘instant torque’ and whatnot from every single youtube videos.

Then I discovered about highland refresh, and it looked really sharp! After many nights of contemplating, I chose to reserve a model 3 long range instead of mustang. In the end practicality mattered to me so small sporty sedan was better choice. Then I test drove highland rwd and that removed remaining regrets. Rwd was already decent enough to drive and I can’t wait to have my awd.

I've been driving a 2019 3 SR+ (aka RWD) for almost 5 years now, and I'm excited about all the upgrades in technology and features that are missing from my entry-level Tesla. My current car doesn't have 300+ mile range, AWD, octovalve heat pump, auto-open/close trunk, heated steering wheel, wireless phone charging, vented seats, or rear touch screen. Adding all these to my daily drive puts a smile on my face in anticipation. :D

IMG_5974.jpeg
I’ve had this box sitting in my room, just waiting around for about 35 days! If this doesn’t scream how ready I am, what does?!

PS: don't judge me and my airfreshers! I know it's a brand new car and it's gonna have that great new car scent, but i'm a girl and I like smelly things!! (and I am aware this screen protector wont fit, i'm giving this one away and ordering the spigen one)

For me, driving dynamics. I was so torn between new v8 mustang and model 3. I know they are on the complete opposite end of the spectrum haha. I always loved the sound that coyote makes and I wanted to own good handling v8 muscle before they completely go extinct. At the same time, I was also curious about evs because I always heard about ‘low center of gravity’, ‘instant torque’ and whatnot from every single youtube videos.

Then I discovered about highland refresh, and it looked really sharp! After many nights of contemplating, I chose to reserve a model 3 long range instead of mustang. In the end practicality mattered to me so small sporty sedan was better choice. Then I test drove highland rwd and that removed remaining regrets. Rwd was already decent enough to drive and I can’t wait to have my awd.
Congratulations on the decision.
I've been driving for more than 60 years, always had a sports car (Triumph, Porsche, C5), always manual shift. The first EV I drove was the first gen Volt. I was so taken by the smoothness and instant torque that I bought one within a few days. Ordered the Model 3 on the first day and waited 2 years and 28 days to get the first one. I've never missed the manual shifting and I loved it. I've never missed the screaming V-8 and I loved that. The instant torque, the smoothness, and always being in the right gear just make the powertrain a joy for me. The stock tires on our two model 3's left a lot to be desired so eventually we went to Mich AS pilot sports and stopped worrying about max range. For your power urge, in the past Tesla has offered for 2K a stealth software upgrade to substantially increase the power in the AWD cars.

I'm looking forward to all the changes since our 2018's. We roadtrip distances and quieter, more comfy suspension, ventilated seats, ultrared and white interior all sound great and going from the LR RWD to an LR AWD should be cool as well. And if there is an issue with the suspension there are several aftermarket vendors that will have solutions. We'll have the front of the car PPF'd as well though only the bumper is essential based on our experience.

Hey, I just looked and you have the same config that we do. Great choices! Great taste!

Last edited:
For your power urge, in the past Tesla has offered for 2K a stealth software upgrade to substantially increase the power in the AWD cars.
Im hoping they do offer the Acceleration Boost on these new ones. I’ll plunk down. Same boat on ordering the current for me, by the way. Deposit paid 1 hour before the official reveal, and waited 2 yrs for the car. Was worth it! I always refer to the Model 3 as the best car I ever owned. But I’m looking forward to the AWD, Ventilated Seats, faster acceleration (4.2 seconds) etc. I’m not thrilled about stalkless but I suspect that will grow on me.
My ideal was waiting out the Highland Performance, but the FSD Transfer offer was too good so I jumped. Of course, now hoping they deliver on time, or at least officially agree to extend the offer if customers act in good faith. But I’m not gonna trust the Sales Advisors on that, it’s gotta be a public official statement or I’ll just eat the $250 order fee and wait it out a bit longer.

I'm so frustrated. I have a delivery date. I had a quote from Progressive for insurance and was ready to pull the trigger. They keep me asking for "Vehicle Photos" for the prebinding verification. I've already explained it is a new car and that I don't have access to it until I have it delivered. This is so insane, why would they need pictures of the car before if the car is new?

It seems I need insurance for having the car, and I need the car for having insurance.

Congratulations on the decision.
I've been driving for more than 60 years, always had a sports car (Triumph, Porsche, C5), always manual shift. The first EV I drove was the first gen Volt. I was so taken by the smoothness and instant torque that I bought one within a few days. Ordered the Model 3 on the first day and waited 2 years and 28 days to get the first one. I've never missed the manual shifting and I loved it. I've never missed the screaming V-8 and I loved that. The instant torque, the smoothness, and always being in the right gear just make the powertrain a joy for me. The stock tires on our two model 3's left a lot to be desired so eventually we went to Mich AS pilot sports and stopped worrying about max range. For your power urge, in the past Tesla has offered for 2K a stealth software upgrade to substantially increase the power in the AWD cars.

I'm looking forward to all the changes since our 2018's. We roadtrip distances and quieter, more comfy suspension, ventilated seats, ultrared and white interior all sound great and going from the LR RWD to an LR AWD should be cool as well. And if there is an issue with the suspension there are several aftermarket vendors that will have solutions. We'll have the front of the car PPF'd as well though only the bumper is essential based on our experience.

Hey, I just looked and you have the same config that we do. Great choices! Great taste!
Ultra red with white interior looked so good! I am happy that we have exactly same configuration.

Just quick question. Does Micheline provide better traction or better efficiency? I only had 30 minutes test drive and I believe test vehicle had Hankook. While Hankook felt okay personally, I wanted to hear your experience with other tires.

Coming from 2015 camry hybrid, and sold it in Oct 2023. Been borrowing my family's car since. My bf has 2023 model y so I'm familiar with tesla and EVs. I did highly considered getting the Ioniq 5 but as soon as I saw the highland it was an immediate switch for me. These are some of the things I'm most excited about:
1. ✨Ambient lighting✨
2. White seats!! Plus they’re perforated! cooled seating was what sold it for me. Although, tesla isn't the best at this yet.
3. Stalk-less; auto shift from park
4. Remote climate control
5. Autopilot
6. Super quiet cabin
7. Speed even though I got RWD, it's fast enough for me
8. Back passenger screen.
9. Higher quality build than previous model 3s.
10. STEALTH GREY BABY!!
Many more but that's to name a few..

I'm so frustrated. I have a delivery date. I had a quote from Progressive for insurance and was ready to pull the trigger. They keep me asking for "Vehicle Photos" for the prebinding verification. I've already explained it is a new car and that I don't have access to it until I have it delivered. This is so insane, why would they need pictures of the car before if the car is new?

It seems I need insurance for having the car, and I need the car for having insurance.
Chicken and the egg dilemma, who is first. Why not quote other company?

Ultra red with white interior looked so good! I am happy that we have exactly same configuration.

Just quick question. Does Micheline provide better traction or better efficiency? I only had 30 minutes test drive and I believe test vehicle had Hankook. While Hankook felt okay personally, I wanted to hear your experience with other tires.
Our cars had some Michelin for range when we got them. Sucked in every other way. Got the AS pilot sport 4's as replacements. Much sharper handling and wet traction, not as good efficiency. Now have Hankook EV AS aftermarket. Better than the original Michelins but nowhere near the AS pilot sports for handling and ride. Couple of threads on here about these tires. One thing to look forward to is that tires just don't last that long on these cars. 20 to 25k miles is good.

Reactions: BourbonWhiskey
I ordered my LR gray/back M3 on Feb 14th and I want to transfer my FSD from my current 2019 LR RWD M3. The delivery estimate is Apr-May. So there would be three scenarios for me:

1. I will be lucky and get the car in march
2. I will be less lucky but they extend FSD transfer to next quarter
3. I will not be lucky and will cancel the delivery and lose $250.

It is time to pray to the god of luck. come on Loki :)

Reactions: m3houtx and Jaycha2