Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 1020000I’ve had this box sitting in my room, just waiting around for about 35 days! If this doesn’t scream how ready I am, what does?!

PS: don't judge me and my airfreshers! I know it's a brand new car and it's gonna have that great new car scent, but i'm a girl and I like smelly things!! (and I am aware this screen protector wont fit, i'm giving this one away and ordering the spigen one)
Lol yup me too! I have a similar box of things. I'm ready!!!

What the heck is going on with the long range deliveries? it’s been out over 6 months overseas and yet it’s like waiting for a cybertruck (before you start I didn’t mean that literally)
It is just Tesla focusing in RWD right now. It might be to try move people with FSD or Supercharger transfers to exisiting inventory since most of them want a LR. I expect LR production to pickup in March once the promotions are expiring (1000 promo in Model Y).

Also can be issues with the pieces that have not arrived for LR. In Reddit, one of the ex employees mentioned that Tesla initial plan was to do RWD while the production ramp ups.

• Funny
Reactions: xii_
So my Tesla ownership experience started with a bit of a hiccup. Apparently, I drove off the lot with a non-functioning rear screen. When taking delivery of my first Tesla, I was kinda overwhelmed with all the settings in the main screen, that I was not concerned that my rear screen was completely dark. I just figured I needed to toggle some switch; but I could not get the rear screen to turn on, no matter what I tried. I was really worried that it was basically bricked, took it into service, and they were able to flash a software fix in about an hour. So relieved that they didn't have to rip the unit out, and replace it. Definitely check to see if your rear screen is on and functioning properly on Delivery Day!
Screenshot_20240219_214935_Gallery.jpg

View attachment 1020000I’ve had this box sitting in my room, just waiting around for about 35 days! If this doesn’t scream how ready I am, what does?!

PS: don't judge me and my airfreshers! I know it's a brand new car and it's gonna have that great new car scent, but i'm a girl and I like smelly things!! (and I am aware this screen protector wont fit, i'm giving this one away and ordering the spigen one)
Lol, here is mine with no Tesla :(

Attachments

• IMG_7031.jpg
    IMG_7031.jpg
    570.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7034.jpg
    IMG_7034.jpg
    605.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7035.jpg
    IMG_7035.jpg
    449.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6984.jpg
    IMG_6984.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 10
I'm so frustrated. I have a delivery date. I had a quote from Progressive for insurance and was ready to pull the trigger. They keep me asking for "Vehicle Photos" for the prebinding verification. I've already explained it is a new car and that I don't have access to it until I have it delivered. This is so insane, why would they need pictures of the car before if the car is new?

It seems I need insurance for having the car, and I need the car for having insurance.
Can you just find a picture of someone who already took delivery with your same config and just send them that?

EDD starts today but No VIN yet.

Order date: 2024-01-11
Long Range AWD / Stealth Grey / 19" Nova wheels / Black Interior
Dallas Texas gang! I ordered 1/10 and got pushed back to March 9-31. Mine was AWD with white interior though so hopefully you don’t get pushed back, keep me updated please

I’m telling yall things get real when you hit that 30 days from ordering. Not 100% but here and Reddit people ordered 1/10 - 1/13 are getting vins these past few days.

I ordered 1/25, I’ll see yall 2/25 with my vin, bet.

Welp I’m back with my final update. The above post I made was on 2/12.

I ordered 1/25

RWD
white out / black in
Nova
Dallas

1st - EDD at time of order was Feb - March
2nd - EDD on 2/9 changed to Feb 20 - March 21
3rd EDD was yesterday when I received the vin Feb 22 - March 2.
4th EDD schedule for delivery, next week.

So I got my win within 30 days of ordering.

Unfortunately last week my wife and I decided a Y would be better for us.

So I’m out fam.

Can you just find a picture of someone who already took delivery with your same config and just send them that?
They ask for pictures with license plate showing. That’s so weird.

Vehicle Photos

• Clear recent photos of the outside of each vehicle listed on the quote. The photos should contain 1 each of both sides, the front, and the back with the license plate fully visible.

Fyi I messages teslarati support about the 3d Maxpider floor mats . On their site it says fits 2024-2021 on the 5 piece (includes trunk mats). I believe the trunk is different enough, that a mat for the front trunk that fits a 2023 wont fit well in a 2024. This was their response
"Unfortunately, we can't guarantee 100% compatibility with the mats we have in store and the new 2024 Model 3 Highland since TESLA is know to make changes between model versions.

I can assure you however that this is already in the works and we can't wait to announce more once we ready. "
So be careful when ordering anything that doesnt specifically say fits in the 2024 Model 3. I think that car is just too new for most of the accessories to fit well or work at all.

Reactions: zoomer0056