Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is just getting hopeless and ridiculous. I gave up. The car will come, when the car comes. I come back and check this forum every day and no one has received a long range with white interior. Im over it. I just pretend I never ordered the car and hope to get surprised when its time. I ordered on January 10 early morning and my delivery date is March 26. This will update on February 28 which I'm sure it'll get pushed back to April. This is disgusting. Promising a certain day but pushing it back by many, many weeks if not months. What is the realistic scenario here? We come back to this forum everyday and eventually see VINs assigned in late May? I guess we can't do anything about it except shut up and wait.
Exactly how I feel. I woke up at midnight and placed my order on the 10th a little after midnight. I thought February would be the latest and really thought we would get them on January if ordered on the same day. Feels like a startup funding event.

So first time posting - ordered a new standard range Model 3 on Jan 11th. Received my VIN on Feb 12th, then scheduled delivery for this upcoming Monday, Feb 26th.

However, plot twist…. Today my advisor told me that my VIN got unassigned and “rerouted”. Seemed like there was nothing that could be done, but the app still shows my delivery scheduled for Monday (even though I don’t have a VIN assigned). I already had it tied to my insurance and plans to sell my current car with a great offer.

I have no clue what to do now and no clue if I’ll get my VIN back or a different VIN and still receive a car on Monday. Has anyone experienced this before??

So first time posting - ordered a new standard range Model 3 on Jan 11th. Received my VIN on Feb 12th, then scheduled delivery for this upcoming Monday, Feb 26th.

However, plot twist…. Today my advisor told me that my VIN got unassigned and “rerouted”. Seemed like there was nothing that could be done, but the app still shows my delivery scheduled for Monday (even though I don’t have a VIN assigned). I already had it tied to my insurance and plans to sell my current car with a great offer.

I have no clue what to do now and no clue if I’ll get my VIN back or a different VIN and still receive a car on Monday. Has anyone experienced this before??
I haven’t but welcome to the club

This is just getting hopeless and ridiculous. I gave up. The car will come, when the car comes. I come back and check this forum every day and no one has received a long range with white interior. Im over it. I just pretend I never ordered the car and hope to get surprised when its time. I ordered on January 10 early morning and my delivery date is March 26. This will update on February 28 which I'm sure it'll get pushed back to April. This is disgusting. Promising a certain day but pushing it back by many, many weeks if not months. What is the realistic scenario here? We come back to this forum everyday and eventually see VINs assigned in late May? I guess we can't do anything about it except shut up and wait.
This is my second Tesla, I am currently leasing a 2021 LR Model 3. My lease is up next month March, and I have a LR - Stealth Grey - White Interior - Nova Wheels on order. I ordered on 1/10/24 and the app. currently has my delivery date window at 2/26 - 3/28. There were sooner delivery dates on my Tesla app. which came and went. I even prepared my current car for the lease return (removed window tint) and did the credit check for the new lease. What I failed to remember about this process is that Tesla seems to do most of their deliveries at the end of a quarter. I have had friends and acquaintances experience the same thing. I ordered my 2021 Model 3 in Jan. 2021 and took delivery late March. 2021. Looks like it is going to be the same for this car. I love my current car, and the new one seems to have all the faults corrected and then some. It is worth the wait, but in my opinion the communication and process needs to be improved. If you are a first time Tesla owner, you will be happy with your purchase. Mid March cannot get here fast enough, so we can all take delivery of our cars. =)

Reactions: xelanoslen and xii_

I have with a 2022 Model S. They’d never admit it but nearly certain “my” car was damaged on transport or prepping for it. They had to scramble and get a new one. Delayed 2 weeks.

Worst part is they wouldn’t take away someone else’s slot so I went… not to the back of the line but a ways back. Sucked. God, I forgot about that BS until now. Thanks! 😂

What configuration you ordered and location? Also type of payment?

Sorry that happened.

I have with a 2022 Model S. They’d never admit it but nearly certain “my” car was damaged on transport or prepping for it. They had to scramble and get a new one. Delayed 2 weeks.

Worst part is they wouldn’t take away someone else’s slot so I went… not to the back of the line but a ways back. Sucked. God, I forgot about that BS until now. Thanks! 😂
Yikes... I really hope that it's not more than a two week delay for me. My blind optimism thinks I'll wake up tomorrow with a VIN reassigned and all is well, but based on what I've heard so far, that's probably unlikely lol

Also can be the car did not passed the quality checks before transported. Maybe you dodged the bullet of a defective car.

Damn, my guy doesn’t know the pain he is soon to experience #AWDStruggle
1708561513886.png

Reactions: Javid010
It sounds like a couple people are running into this issue. SR/stealth/black/photon had a set delivery date on 02/22 to Mt Kisco NY but “due to slightly delayed transit” it was pushed back to 02/23. Still not a bad position to be in but just wanted to send along an update.

March 6th. There's only 1 free spot left, I'll be charging for this service moving forward.
Well I just got an update to March 3-17 so you’ve got a chance to be the all-powerful oracle.
Interesting that this update was the first one that didn’t come accompanied by a text, email and app message. Just checked the app randomly and saw it.

Well I just got an update to March 3-17 so you’ve got a chance to be the all-powerful oracle.
Interesting that this update was the first one that didn’t come accompanied by a text, email and app message. Just checked the app randomly and saw it.
None of my updates have come via text/email. The only text/emails i get are in response to my tesla chat conversations.