Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So if I am looking at everything correctly most people get a month EDD followed by a two week EDD followed by a week EDD. Where does the VIN normally come for people is it after the two week or one week EDD?
For me it came after the 1 month long range. I went from Feb 23rd - March 29th to March 1 - 7th (this is when I got the vin) and now I’m at Feb 26 - March 6th

Reactions: happyelegance
IMG_0871.jpeg

Maybe they find out the current white seats quality was not good, creating delays and Tesla found a more expense supplier.

In addition, lot of people is ditching their white seats for black due to the delays. Increasing the price will be an incentive for people keeping their configuration and keeping smoothly production plans.

I do not think it is demand.

It seems to be demand-driven given the price increase for white interior?
But it's strange that there has been no change for the SR version - I'm sure the demand for that is equally strong..
I don’t think it’s demand-driven. From every source I can find (spreadsheet here, reddit, internet videos), 75-80% of orders are black interior. I doubt they’d make a big move like that for a short-term problem either.

The more I think about it, here’s my best guess: Tesla has said for years they charge more for white interior due to the protection they put on it to prevent stains. My guess is the perforations for the ventilated seats make this more costly. Delays could be while they were trying to get that right. But who knows really. Most logical thing I could think of.

Reactions: Old Duck and xii_
Maybe they find out the current white seats quality was not good, creating delays and Tesla found a more expense supplier.

In addition, lot of people is ditching their white seats for black due to the delays. Increasing the price will be an incentive for people keeping their configuration and keeping smoothly production plans.

I agree here

to me its just a tactic to reduce number of people who want LR white. Most likely they are having manufacturing issues with that. Its evident by the fact that almost no white LRs have been delivered. They need to sell. So dont feel good. As soon as the manufacturing issue is resolved, they will reduce the price. So our white LR wont be any different in long run. I ordered LR white but to me the price increase is not a good news

Reactions: catxi

Reactions: Dogtone