Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its because you got RWD. They are dropping the ball on AWD, especially those with White Interior. Somethings going on in house and rather than being transparent about it so people can adjust accordingly, they are just dangling dates and pushing back until they figure their stuff out. Obviously there is a lot to running a business of this size so i'm sure i'm not being completely reasonable, possibly emotional based comments, but the amount of RWD Cali deliveries iv seen from orders in FEB is just insulting at this point for those who ordered on release day
Mine is RWD. White interior.

Reactions: catxi and xii_
Its because you got RWD. They are dropping the ball on AWD, especially those with White Interior. Somethings going on in house and rather than being transparent about it so people can adjust accordingly, they are just dangling dates and pushing back until they figure their stuff out. Obviously there is a lot to running a business of this size so i'm sure i'm not being completely reasonable, possibly emotional based comments, but the amount of RWD Cali deliveries iv seen from orders in FEB is just insulting at this point for those who ordered on release day

They have RWD

No delivery of RWD with white interior that I know of in Cali.

Just did a Carvana quote and they offered me $500 more than Tesla. Idk how I would sell it since I’m currently driving it until delivery.
You can schedule the sale to Carvana for a day after you're supposed to get delivery of the new Tesla. Or, maybe I should say a day after it actually happens.
Although, and I don't know how your state works, but in Arizona, the price of the Trade-In is subtracted from the new vehicle price in order to determine Sales Tax. If your state is the same, selling for $500 more, but paying tax on the whole value would likely be a losing proposition for you.
For me, the Carvana quote was $3k higher, and tax difference is about $2k.
Remember too, there is something in the FSD transfer (if you're doing it) that requires you to keep your current vehicle in your Tesla account for up to 48 hours after getting the new one. So don't cut that one too close!

Last edited:

Attachments

• IMG_7868.jpeg
    IMG_7868.jpeg
    294.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Informative
Reactions: Falcon73
I did the same thing and got the same result! I'm pushing out the sale date on the slight chance that the new Tesla will arrive on or around the same day that I sell our car.
Remember, if you are doing FSD transfer but not trading-in to Tesla directly... The terms require you to keep the current vehicle in your account for at least 48 hours after delivery of the new car! I recall (from last FSD transfer window I believe) saying that Tesla refused to do the FSD transfer because they sold their current vehicle sooner than the 48 hour window. So be careful scheduling too close!

Absolutely, I do this too! Also, been test driving just out of sheer boredom (and for a bit of benchmarking) other roughly comparable cars such as BMW i4 e35 and e40...

Tried to be as objective as possible as I was a long-time user and fan of BMW machines. But I was blown away by how much better the driving experience is in the M3. I get that Tesla makes better tech etc, but the driving experience used to be the realm of BMW (have owned X3, M3, 3-series before). But these days, there is no comparison. Even in terms of design, clean lines etc the German cars are now behind. Another interesting thing for me was that rear seating legroom was pretty similar although I think the i4 is a longer car. Only place where BMW beats Tesla is the interior luxury which is not a significant factor for me. But then there is the price differential of ~$15-20K (between RWDs).. Having not owned a Tesla before, I don't know what the cost of ownership, maintenance issues are over time.. to be fair, on the BMW I generally had no issues..

Sorry didn't mean this to be a review post, but I truly had not realized how far ahead Tesla had gone..
No reason to apologize! It’s exciting stuff. Truthfully, if I had a person say they were in the market for an EV and had the funds for any of these vehicles out here. I’d support any option. The elective vehicle world is mind blowing. The technology we have on the road now would be considered science fiction in the early 2000’s.

Reactions: Falcon73
Remember, if you are doing FSD transfer but not trading-in to Tesla directly... The terms require you to keep the current vehicle in your account for at least 48 hours after delivery of the new car! I recall (from last FSD transfer window I believe) saying that Tesla refused to do the FSD transfer because they sold their current vehicle sooner than the 48 hour window. So be careful scheduling too close!
Ugh, this is so incredibly inconvenient. So I have to make a down payment first without being able to sell my car? Or how do people manage this?

New EDD range.

Ordered 1/10, LR stealth gray with white, 18in wheels.

Previous: 22Feb - 21Mar
This morning: 7Mar - 31Mar

It’s absolutely insane that ordering on day 1 gets you nothing better than a car crammed in at the end of the quarter. It’s such a bad look for Tesla. Most people here are the exception and see the benefits of this car despite all of the delivery delays, but to the average person this would surely make getting a Tesla a bad experience.

When people talk to me about getting a Tesla, the response is now “if they ever figure out how to make it” and isn’t saying how great the car is.
I feel your pain. I also ordered on 01/10, and also ordered an AWD. However, my EDD updated this morning to Feb 23-Mar 5. Maybe because I live a 9 hour drive north of Fremont. The very first EDD they gave me was just Feb - Mar and maybe that will turn out to be the most accurate.

Absolutely, I do this too! Also, been test driving just out of sheer boredom (and for a bit of benchmarking) other roughly comparable cars such as BMW i4 e35 and e40...

Tried to be as objective as possible as I was a long-time user and fan of BMW machines. But I was blown away by how much better the driving experience is in the M3. I get that Tesla makes better tech etc, but the driving experience used to be the realm of BMW (have owned X3, M3, 3-series before). But these days, there is no comparison. Even in terms of design, clean lines etc the German cars are now behind. Another interesting thing for me was that rear seating legroom was pretty similar although I think the i4 is a longer car. Only place where BMW beats Tesla is the interior luxury which is not a significant factor for me. But then there is the price differential of ~$15-20K (between RWDs).. Having not owned a Tesla before, I don't know what the cost of ownership, maintenance issues are over time.. to be fair, on the BMW I generally had no issues..

Sorry didn't mean this to be a review post, but I truly had not realized how far ahead Tesla had gone..
I just sold my i4 e40 to come back to Tesla, if that tells you something. Generally the "premiumness" of the BMW wore off after a few weeks. Other than being a very efficient electric drivetrain (averaged about 4mi/kWh) it was kind of annoying to drive. Pedal calibration and stopping was not smooth, the iDrive 8 OS was just "ok", and the car felt unnecessarily big for the lack of interior space and storage. Also the car felt very slow and heavy.

My i4 had these options:
* vernsaca leather upgrade (seats are hard compared to Tesla)
* HUD (my eyes basically forgot this existed after a while)
* driver assistance professional (as good as radar equipped Tesla autopilot)
* harmon kardon (worse than long range Tesla sound system)

I can tell from this thread and some posts on Reddit that many people have not "custom" ordered a car before. After my experience of factory ordering a BMW and a Mazda, the wait times and lack of updates is "normal". Not saying its acceptable, but that its just a different but expected difference between buying a car off the lot of a dealership. I will say that it's nice that the BMW portal shows build and shipping milestones in a timeline, BUT sometimes the timeline went backwards.