Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They never saw white interior deliveries yet.. This indeed proves that there are some issues in the production.
IMG_6648.jpeg

The tesla gods heard me complaining yesterday!! woke up to a vin and EDD update. Keep complaining everyone, it works

OD: 2/2/24
Atlanta, Ga
RWD SG/Black Photon
EDD#1: Feb - March
EDD#2: Mar 3 - Mar 31
*Today* EDD#3: Mar 11 - Mar 18 + VIN received
What I’ve been saying man, get on this forum and chat it up. Demo drive to your hearts content, the Tesla gods are listening and I got the same thing happening.

What I’ve been saying man, get on this forum and chat it up. Demo drive to your hearts content, the Tesla gods are listening and I got the same thing happening.
this is the right energy. the EDDs are a constant flux, TA’s/SA’s know nothing until VIN is assigned, the logic behind production waves and order fulfillment is managed by a neural net whose function is clearly beyond that of us mere humans. There are model three highlands a plenty just sitting out there waiting to be test driven! Take a Y out, then take a highland for a spin. The comparison will really give you that smug self validation that your decision to get an M3 was the right one (did or me). Some say if you hit the perfect corner, and the sun is just right in the sky, when surface streets are quiet, you’ll be one of the lucky few who gets lined up to hit every red light, first off the line (responsibly).

It's not Long Range and I ordered on 1/11. I started regretting not getting LR but since I was at the dealer for so long yesterday and talked to so many people there I'm really happy with the RWD. It's a better choice for me and how much I drive.
Congrats! Would love to know what factors people were discussing for the RWD vs AWD debate? Have booked AWD but still keep thinking RWD is better value/ more suited to my needs now..

Reactions: Falcon73
Congrats! Would love to know what factors people were discussing for the RWD vs AWD debate? Have booked AWD but still keep thinking RWD is better value/ more suited to my needs now..
RWD has a slightly different not as snippy acceleration curve. It’s less linear maybe, i’d describe it as the motor takes a fraction of a second longer to spool up before u get the full torque. RWD is still better IMO than almost any other car i’ve driven, and if u aren’t used to a tesla then you might not even tell the difference with AWD being a little more punchy. But let’s be real the actual difference is the LR comes with floor mats and the sound system has subs!

I was told that the RWD can be charged to 100% every day and the AWD should be only charged daily to 80% so that basically gives them the same range. Once I heard that I was totally fine with RWD. After driving my car around a lot today I'm SO happy with it. I've had a lot of nice cars but this is the funnest one I've ever driven.