Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question on premium connectivity- mine just renewed for a year at $99. My lease is expiring and being extended while I wait for my new car ( 1/10, AWD/ White interior) that is coming who knows when ( current 3/9-3/31 EDD). Will Tesla transfer my paid for subscription to the new vehicle?
I doubt that. I cancelled mine before it was supposed to renew.

I have a VIN for an LR, so you can take this as you will... I have waited for 6 months for a car that I wanted.... I mean I was ready to purchase a car in September and I waited until January so I could get the highland. I would have waited till June. I understand that some people can't wait. Leases ending, sold previous car, etc. But for most of us, it sucks to wait in this era of same day amazon prime, but if its really the car you want, then why not wait. This isnt just a slight revision to the 2023.. something like 60% of it has changed. Its essentially a new model.

Maybe all the ones that keep having their EDD change to the current order EDD on the Tesla website are the ones that are having issues. If true, who knows what the issues might be. Maybe a supplier issue and they have a limited supply of parts.

Parts might be an issue an should be different from the ones of China. There are very strict rules that certain percentage the car should contain local parts from America for tax and benefit purposes. They cannot bring everything from China and just assemble it in US. They might found one provider parts was not reliable and need a new one for LR components.

In addition, the Fremont factory layout is soo old, and surprised Model 3 was not assembled in a newer assembly line like the Texas one. Hope the Mexico factory will solve all this by having a modern layout and have similar quality from China.

Reactions: victor1109
In the Fremont Tesla Video today, I can see some highlands with white interiors. Either Highlands or Model S.
What do you guys think?

2024-02-28_14-42-01.jpg

• Love
Reactions: catxi
Picked up my car on the 02/24. I’ve had a passenger for the first time today and they have noticed something I haven’t noticed before on the glass of the passenger front window :(.

I haven’t noticed that on delivery so I’m not sure if it’s something that developed on the following days or not.
IMG_1375.jpeg

IMG_1374.jpeg
IMG_1379.jpeg
IMG_1376.jpeg

Picked up my car on the 02/24. I’ve had a passenger for the first time today and they have noticed something I haven’t noticed before on the glass of the passenger front window :(.

I haven’t noticed that on delivery so I’m not sure if it’s something that developed on the following days or not.View attachment 1023025

View attachment 1023022View attachment 1023023View attachment 1023024
That glass really is chonky. Compared to the 2020 M3 it looks so much thicker. But that sucks! You should be able to take it in and get it fixed at least. Maybe even mobile service?

Reactions: tartaruga
That glass really is chonky. Compared to the 2020 M3 it looks so much thicker. But that sucks! You should be able to take it in and get it fixed at least. Maybe even mobile service?
Yeah, I love the car so far. I'm not sure what happened there, it seems that the superior piece of an internal layer is messed up by looking it. I've requested service and is currently set as Mobile but they are still evaluating it. I'd be really upset if they charge me something, I've just driven 140 miles and I've been monitoring all Sentry events very closely. Nothing happened.

Nope. White interior or bust
For me too, white or no go. And if it slips past March and they won’t honor the FSD transfer, I’ll just wait out the Performance (which is truly what I really want, but I’m compromising for FSD Xfer). Maybe I’ll get lucky, and they’ll do transfers again too. I was not expecting them to bring them back in Q1. Maybe Q4 earliest was my guess. Clearly I was wrong there!
I do still think they should make transfer always available for 25% of current pricing. They’ll get revenue, drive sales, and make people happy. It’s Win Win Win.

Reactions: Whitezoid and ag21