Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 1023520
For those of us wanting to do the FSD transfer looks like it will be honored even if we do not take delivery in March.
That’s great they Tweeted it, but until they change the official terms of the agreement, I doubt a Tweet can be called official or legally binding. They need to update the agreements and be transparent. Kinda typical bad communication and execution leaving things questionably ambiguous.

Reactions: scooter62
Good evening everyone, first time replying here. My OD is 1/18 but in the app it says 1/19 I ordered blue exterior white interior RWD 18". Latest EDD update was today Feb 29 - March 11. I talked to an advisor about a week ago and was told my car estimated delivery to the dealership is 03/02 but to take it with a grain of salt. However, I reached out to them again yesterday to double check my delivery date is still on track and was told it changed and now it shows EDD of 04/06/2024 on their end while it is still showing feb 29- march 11 on my app and the website. I am really hoping they are saying that so they can sell their model Ys, and not because of an actual delay/damage to the car.
Today morning you will get the updated EDD. It can be possible that they shifted the plant to AWD only, moving out the RWD dates into next quarter (April).

Keep us posted what the app show today and hope you get it in the expected dates.

People might be interested in my charging story.
14-50 install vs tesla wall charger

I had to purchase the mobile connector to be able to charge at a few relatives homes and vacation homes etc. We travel to the coast in North and South Carolina and they are both supercharger ghost towns from 95 east.......

given I purchased at rwd, it maxes at 32 amps and doesn't really take advantage of the charging speeds the wall connector offers.

I had decided to just install the 14-50 and use my mobile connector, thinking i'd save money. Well turns out yes, I would save some money, but what a pain.
14-50 requires at least 6-3 wire vs 6-2 - more expensive.
an industrial grade 14-50 plug runs $50-$85 depending upon Hummel vs Bryant
I was going to go with a 50 amp breaker, but this is the kicker, my panel is an older cutler hammer and it's not easy to find a new 50 amp gfi breaker. Nor is it cheap, $170 - $250. I found a few on amazon, but still not certain they are even the correct ones.
So $170 (breaker) + $50 (plug) + $35 (extra for wire) + $10 (2 gang box, outlet cover) =$265 in extra costs for 14-50 install

went with wall charger instead , and a non gfi 50 amp breaker is like $20!
(i have a licensed electrician neighbor and was too cheap to pay the big bucks for an install)

for a more modern panel, a 50 amp gfi is cheaper, but still usually around $110. and the word is to stay away from the cheap $15 14-50 plugs, they aren't meant to be plugged and unplugged many times --- typically a dryer is plugged in once and left for years.
Same thinking here, when I added up the extra costs needed to use a mobile charger, I might as well pay for a wall connector.

URGENT UPDATE EVERYONE!!!
I told him I'm going to go ahead and cancel my order. (Which I did earlier) This is disgusting, upsetting and ridiculous. I am NOT waiting almost 6 months for my order. I have cancelled and will be getting a Model Y instead since it's available for pickup immediately. Good luck to you all, I wish you luck if you continue to wait until June. Cancel your orders and move onto a Model Y because this is just ridiculous.

I ordered 1/10, LR M3, Grey, White interior.
You're a liar dude, and a clown.. you've lost all credibility and look really stupid just hanging around..

Reactions: actripp
hey man,
I think it was a lil funny that you were getting roasted, but please take it as just a little teasing and nothing more. Clearly, a lot of us have nothing to do while we are just waiting for our cars. We are all anticipating this car, and glad to see you're back. I think it's commendable that you decided to post again and not run away, but thank you for clearing the air.

See you on the road! I mean, not likely since im personally up in norcal, but I grew up down in the valley, so I'd like to think I'll be down there in spirit!
This is the vibe

People might be interested in my charging story.
14-50 install vs tesla wall charger
Thanks for sharing. I'm currently using the mobile charger with a 10-30 adapter. I'm still deciding on a permanent solution but I too have an older panel, but several empty slots at least. At least my run from the panel to where I want the receptable is only about 20 feet.

But for those still waiting, now is a good time to start getting your charging solution in place.

That’s great they Tweeted it, but until they change the official terms of the agreement, I doubt a Tweet can be called official or legally binding. They need to update the agreements and be transparent. Kinda typical bad communication and execution leaving things questionably ambiguous.
I agree that a Tweet on Feb. 29 is not binding on Tesla particularly if you signed the FSD Transfer Agreement before that date. I suggest anyone wanting to transfer FSD not sign the transfer agreement until they have a VIN and a DD before March 31. If you had an EDD March 31 or before and it was changed to a date after March 31, I would then raise the Feb. 29 Tesla Tweet.

Model 3 AWD Ultra Red/Black 19” Nova
OD: 2/6
EDD#1: Mar/Apr
EDD#2: Apr/May
EDD#3: March 29-31

White interior stat : Who got the VIN ?
1709312211886.png