Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow! I ordered a bit late after FSD transfer offer on Feb 9 for a M3 highland LR.

As soon as we moved to March, the delivery changed to - much more specific March 20-31 window.
I am doing a trade-in on a 2019 with 160k miles and accepted a $10,770 offer which will expire on March 15.

The car was very dirty and didn’t do much to spruce it up in the pictures I took. Do you think it matters for the offer as I will need to reapply for the trade-in based on the expected delivery date? Not even sure if the offer I got is fair…

I am doing a trade-in on a 2019 with 160k miles and accepted a $10,770 offer which will expire on March 15.

The car was very dirty and didn’t do much to spruce it up in the pictures I took. Do you think it matters for the offer as I will need to reapply for the trade-in based on the expected delivery date? Not even sure if the offer I got is fair…
Just checked Kelly’s and using Good condition, it said $7500-$11500, so the offer isn’t too bad.

Interestingly, if I add FSD to the options it adds only $2500 (vs $12,000 on a new car)! What the…

The best is to check the EDD at around 7 am PST and also in the night. In reality, the factory plans are not synched with the app live. It will only update your entry when you hit the day of your EDD plus 1 day. It will also update if you get a VIN and/or transport plans have a faster date.

That is why a lot of people got updated from 29 EDD in March 1st with end of month estimates because your VIN got removed from the planning (white seats cases). When you get the new ranges, changing the seats color will not make difference because your spot got already allocated to someone else in the line (AWD). For changing seats in cases of RWD, if the color of the car is in stock you will get assigned a VIN (low demand). This is when there is problem with the parts are not available (seats, wheels, color, and version).

The sweet spot to change config of seats without loosing your spot for AWD is check if you are still in line of production 2-3 days before it hits the first EDD date if you have a 15 day interval (or less). Only advisors in delivery centers or stores could be able to help checking those dates since they stopped doing recently via phone or text.

For RWD, if the color is available, changing seats might expedite your VIN, but only if you have 18 inches wheel. Same if you change from AWD to RWD black seats and 18 inches.

This is based in what I have seen in Reddit, google sheet, my experience, chatting in the stores with advisors and this forum.

Reactions: Javid010
You don’t have to do full ppf. I am planning to apply ppf on high impact areas only and it should cost about 2000+.

Ppf is definitely preference, and if it provides peace of mind to you then it is good expense. But also know that it doesn’t help with any resale values and I personally don’t think full ppf is worth it at all for m3 when it costs ~20% of the car. (If awd 10%). Again it is just my personal opinion and if your opinion differs from mine then that’s great too. Ultimately, your money your decision.

Last edited:
You don’t have to do full ppf. I am planning to apply ppf on high impact areas only and it should cost about 2000+.
I did a PPF on my current 2018 M3, just on the impact-type zones (front grill, 1/3 up the hood, rear view mirrors, etc). I wanna say I got a package deal with that and tint for like $1500 at the time (6 yrs ago).
The one thing I'm not liking about the PPF though, you can't wash/polish/wax underneath. Yes, that area is protected, but it still looks "duller" to me, versus shiny and sparkly when the car is freshly detailed. Definitely not getting any extra $$ for having done it, it's all just personal preference on it. For me, I love the idea (protect the impact zones), but I always feel a bit less down with the diminished sparkle and shine though. Maybe it's the film they used. My plan for the current one is just to tint, but skip the PPF. (I live in Phoenix, so a good tint on everything does help in the 115 degree summers!)

I did a PPF on my current 2018 M3, just on the impact-type zones (front grill, 1/3 up the hood, rear view mirrors, etc). I wanna say I got a package deal with that and tint for like $1500 at the time (6 yrs ago).
The one thing I'm not liking about the PPF though, you can't wash/polish/wax underneath. Yes, that area is protected, but it still looks "duller" to me, versus shiny and sparkly when the car is freshly detailed. Definitely not getting any extra $$ for having done it, it's all just personal preference on it. For me, I love the idea (protect the impact zones), but I always feel a bit less down with the diminished sparkle and shine though. Maybe it's the film they used. My plan for the current one is just to tint, but skip the PPF. (I live in Phoenix, so a good tint on everything does help in the 115 degree summers!)
Oh absolutely. PPF is horrible if you love detailing your car. It is additional plastic film and it is destined to degrade and have yellow-ish color which can make car to look dull. (I know a lot of film manufacturers claim that their film doesn't yellow, but plastic is plastic)

I am living near Atlanta, and roads here are horrible. Plus, I just hate cleaning bug guts when they bake into the paint. So paying 2000+ for preventing some rock chips and easy clean for bug guts will be worth it for me.

Reactions: GuyFromAz