Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks some one of you guys from Georgia vehicle is abandoned by the truck driver. 😂 I mean he says this car was abandoned at least for 4 weeks. Didn’t someone from this forum said their vin was assigned and was gone right before the delivery? You may wanna check the vin in this video. lol

Looks some one of you guys from Georgia vehicle is abandoned by the truck driver. 😂 I mean he says this car was abandoned at least for 4 weeks. Didn’t someone from this forum said their vin was assigned and was gone right before the delivery? You may wanna check the vin in this video. lol

😂 I’m one of the people who’s VIN disappeared. Watching the video, I thought for sure it was going to be mine…but no dice. I don’t even know what I would do if it was, lol. Well everything is coming full circle, after 12 EDDs and a false delivery, today at 5pm is pickup day on my 2nd VIN. This time it seems to be really happening. Good luck to everyone else and thanks for all of the support and good vibes from this forum!

Picked mine up yesterday.
RWD
Stealth grey
Black interior
18" wheels
Ordered Jan 29th

No issues. The build quality is very good, some small things aren't perfect, but for a mass produced product it's impressive. Some of the gaps aren't consistent if you're looking for it. and the carpet underneath the dashboard has a gap where the ventilation duct is, but you can't see it unless you're crawling around on the floor.

This is the first time I've driven a tesla and I was blown away. It's so good. It's so smooth and quiet, and the acceleration is instant. I was not expecting this level of performance out of a base model car.

They had an ultra red M3 with black interior in the showroom. IMO if you get the red paint you need to also get the white interior, it just doesn't look right with the black.

Hang in there everyone, it's worth the wait.

Picked mine up yesterday.
RWD
Stealth grey
Black interior
18" wheels
Ordered Jan 29th

No issues. The build quality is very good, some small things aren't perfect, but for a mass produced product it's impressive. Some of the gaps aren't consistent if you're looking for it. and the carpet underneath the dashboard has a gap where the ventilation duct is, but you can't see it unless you're crawling around on the floor.

This is the first time I've driven a tesla and I was blown away. It's so good. It's so smooth and quiet, and the acceleration is instant. I was not expecting this level of performance out of a base model car.

They had an ultra red M3 with black interior in the showroom. IMO if you get the red paint you need to also get the white interior, it just doesn't look right with the black.

Hang in there everyone, it's worth the wait.
Thank you, this helps me a lot. I’m not far from a RWD delivery but have been having second doubts about that choice instead of AWD. Glad to hear that it feels great to drive.

My other lingering doubt is sound system quality of AWD over RWD. I wonder if it is possible to aftermarket install the subs in RWD that are standard in AWD? Does the sound system sound great without them?

Well... I just got a larger EDD but an earlier start date. No VIN yet. Accounting for 7-10 day transport to NY, I would need to get my VIN by this weekend to get the car by the 14th.

Order Date: 1/22
Original EDD: Feb - Mar
Update #1: Mar - Apr
Update #2: 2/2: Mar 13 - Mar 31
Update #3: 2/10: Mar 21 - 31
**Changed order on 3/2 from Blue Ext/White Int to White Ext/Black Int**
Update #4: 3/5: Mar 14 - 31

Long Range, White, Black Interior, EAP, 18” wheels. Taking delivery at the Oneida, NY delivery center.

Last edited:
EDD updated from Mar 14 - Mar 31. Still no VIN

Updated sheet.
IMG_7943.jpeg

Day 57, no vin

yea, never was a fan of the rollout -- felt like china and US should have rolled out together when both were up to speed etc. The china release first has made this waiting game even worse.

Makes ya think from day 1, tesla should have only released RWD in the US with black interior only -- then phased in the Long range and white interior as they became a "reality"

Exact same thing happened to me with the exact same edd’s and changes . The only difference is I ordered grey. This sucks!!

My EDD just changed again! I ordered on 1/10. EDD1=jan-feb, EDD2=2/9-3/8, EDD3=2/24-3/23. As of this morning, EDD4=3/1-3/31. I sold my M3 ‘18 a few weeks ago and have been renting since then. How are others in NJ doing that order around 1/10?

Order date =1/10
Loc=NJ
M3 Highland LR
Black with white interior
18” Photon wheels
Update: today my EDD was pushed back again to Apr 15 a May 20. I asked Tesla about changing from white to black interior but he couldn’t be sure it wouldn’t cause me to drop down in the list.

Makes ya think from day 1, tesla should have only released RWD in the US with black interior only -- then phased in the Long range and white interior as they became a "reality"
That's exactly how they did it when the car was initially released. Got to pick Paint color, Wheels, and Autopilot or not. That was it. At this point though, they should know how to build a vehicle and should be able to handle multiple things at the same time.
While I can see the Long Range being "more work" to install more parts (more battery, 2 motors), the White Interior would be virtually zero extra work for them. Meaning they pick a seat from the "Black pile on the left" or the "White pile on the right". So the delays for White interior lead me to think it's supply chain issues, not vehicle assembly issues. But, as always, pure speculation!

I found out how to speed things up. I spent all weekend trying to convince my wife the Mach E GT at 0% financing with immediate availability was the way to go.
Chatted tesla yesterday to start a return of my wall charger. et voila!
My EDD change this morning from Apr 6-May 11 toooo March 20-30

Reactions: Jaycha2