Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long time lurker here, but just another white interior order pushed from Mar to April/May like so many others. Updated the Excel sheet for posterity.

OD: 1/10
AWD, Red exterior, white interior, Nova wheels, Boston, MA
Due date updated this morning from Mar 8 - Mar 31 to now Apr 8 - May 13
One more. Exact same details including order date except blue ext.pushed back today to April/ May

I think all of us that are waiting. For long range. White interior. Are already spending a lot. And they know that were the people that would have Ordered the performance if It was available. But instead Had us go for the long range So we could just sit here for a few months. On hold So we won't go anywhere else. But by the time our long range White Interiors are ready for delivery They're going to put the performance Version on the Website They better Do that before I receive my car So I can go ahead and cancel my order To get The one We know We all want. but if Thay do that after I receive mine I'm going to be upset about that also

I first thought the LR/ AWD is the problem but it does seem like its the white interiors. Any idea why those are getting delayed? is it procurement of some white leatherette/ raw materials or ventilation/ production issues with white seats or something else? are white ones from China facing the same problem?

Sorry - this might seem very academic for those for those frustrated waiters.. but fascinating to understand the supply chain.
It is the ventilated seats. The white material is too thick for the kids to poke holes in them quickly.

• Funny
Reactions: DesertEagle
I think all of us that are waiting. For long range. White interior. Are already spending a lot. And they know that were the people that would have Ordered the performance if It was available. But instead Had us go for the long range So we could just sit here for a few months. On hold So we won't go anywhere else. But by the time our long range White Interiors are ready for delivery They're going to put the performance Version on the Website They better Do that before I receive my car So I can go ahead and cancel my order To get The one We know We all want. but if Thay do that after I receive mine I'm going to be upset about that also

Why wouldn't you wait? It's known that a performance model is coming... Must be hard to live life when you set yourself up to be upset lol

Maybe not this year or next, but it’s a matter of time that other makes mimic and do what Tesla does equally or better. Saying that will never happen… is absurd.
I’m not saying that it will never happen, I am saying it will not happen any time soon. Not by a long shot, to replicate what tesla has done in the last ten years in terms of production, supply chain and manufacturing. This is a decade to decade conversation. Let’s pick this chat up again when we are waiting for our 2034 M3’s!

I'd go for sure --- your issue needs to be discussed in person -- worth the road trip.....

The anticipation is brutal.....I hope i'm not let down when I finally get my car -- never owned a telsa and so excited to tinker etc.
I'm intentionally at this point ignoring negative reviews of grumpy current model 3 owners saying the new car isn't better....
Some Tesla owners don't seem to realize how good their car is. It's also true for other recent cars, especially electric.

Just seen this on YouTube. Was posted two weeks ago. Don't know where this is actually at but. See if you can See any with white interiors?
I see at least two here
1709662471065.png

• Love
Reactions: okhan and catxi
I’m not saying that it will never happen, I am saying it will not happen any time soon. Not by a long shot, to replicate what tesla has done in the last ten years in terms of production, supply chain and manufacturing. This is a decade to decade conversation. Let’s pick this chat up again when we are waiting for our 2034 M3’s!
The big 3 will have to drastically change how they build cars and allocate parts etc. They have propriety chips all throughout their cars that they can't even update with software updates without support. Do some have interesting EVs for sure, but i'm not paying 70K for kia, i'm not buying a ford mustang with a laggy screen and requires a charging adaptor to use "some" of the tesla chargers.
Mercedes, bmw, porsche are too expensive -- and will be more niche. Who knows how reliable these cars will be, and how crazy expensive they will be to maintain.

Rivan is the threat, but will they even be around in 2 years..... can't count on it. the new R2 will be sick, but no way it trully starts at 47K. Especially in 2 years.

Tesla hit a homerun with the Y and the 3 from a current pricing standpoint.

So my delivery appt was moved to Friday without notice, I messaged them 3 times asking for a reason, and no response (lol typical). I'm still waiting for them to contact me regarding an updated lease offer (still nothing as well lol) so by Thursday, unfortunately, I will 100% be canceling the order if they do not give me any type of update with my agreement. Usually, i would not be so fast to cancel, but I'd be saving almost $3,000 if I got the new lease deal, and I am not in the type of position right now to give that up. But I'll continue hoping for the best, even giving them the benefit of the doubt.. maybe! MAYBE they're doing the lease agreement right now and it just takes a long time (lol)
Lease agreements depends of the credit score. You might not get what the site says, someone mentioned that they use that to convince people to get the car.

Reactions: Fatal and sydneylax
The big 3 will have to drastically change how they build cars and allocate parts etc. They have propriety chips all throughout their cars that they can't even update with software updates without support. Do some have interesting EVs for sure, but i'm not paying 70K for kia, i'm not buying a ford mustang with a laggy screen and requires a charging adaptor to use "some" of the tesla chargers.
Mercedes, bmw, porsche are too expensive -- and will be more niche. Who knows how reliable these cars will be, and how crazy expensive they will be to maintain.

Rivan is the threat, but will they even be around in 2 years..... can't count on it. the new R2 will be sick, but no way it trully starts at 47K. Especially in 2 years.

Tesla hit a homerun with the Y and the 3 from a current pricing standpoint.
totally agree with you. there are no other EVs comparable to Y and 3 in that price range. that's why we all have to deal with this mess.

Long time lurker here, but just another white interior order pushed from Mar to April/May like so many others. Updated the Excel sheet for posterity.

OD: 1/10
AWD, Red exterior, white interior, Nova wheels, Boston, MA
Due date updated this morning from Mar 8 - Mar 31 to now Apr 8 - May 13
Same here, except mine is SG ext. w/ Wht interior. EDD changed from 3/9-3/31 to 4/15/5/20. Located in NJ