Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm surprised you haven't gotten pushed yet, as many/most of us with White interior got pushed yesterday or 2 days ago. It'll be worth the wait though! If you're not already a current Tesla owner (dunno if you are/aren't), you'll love the car! The overall purchase experience, however, leaves a bunch on the table.
I’ll be a first time ev and fist time tesla owner, I definitely think it’ll be worth the wait!!

Hahaha I’m driving a 17 Acura that desperately needs an oil change so I get it. I’m trying to avoid spending money on this car since I’m getting rid of it.

I’ll definitely still be around though, I’ll check in and respond to anyone if they have questions!! I’m too invested in this thread to stop lol
This thread is too interesting to stop checking in. I do see myself checking less though since I received my delivery. I'm still rooting for all of you. Happy VIN thoughts being sent your way!

Patience is not my strong suit. Pretty evident I’m not the only one here with that issue. I’ve been told that my EDD should be accurate (3/9-23) but they could get me a LR Stealth Grey immediately (oh god I’m gonna set Xii off). Really want my Ultra Red. Ugh. Almost there…

• Funny
Reactions: xii_
Patience is not my strong suit. Pretty evident I’m not the only one here with that issue. I’ve been told that my EDD should be accurate (3/9-23) but they could get me a LR Stealth Grey immediately (oh god I’m gonna set Xii off). Really want my Ultra Red. Ugh. Almost there…
1709784410497.jpeg

I'm surprised you haven't gotten pushed yet, as many/most of us with White interior got pushed yesterday or 2 days ago. It'll be worth the wait though! If you're not already a current Tesla owner (dunno if you are/aren't), you'll love the car! The overall purchase experience, however, leaves a bunch on the table.
Mine is still holding on 3/25-3/31🤞. But I have no confidence that it will stay there.

Found this on a story on Electrek as an explaination for the end of quarter sales push.

"Tesla incentivizes deliveries by the end of the quarter to limit the amount of inventory on hand. Since Tesla is one of the few direct-to-consumer automakers and doesn’t sell its cars to dealerships, it owns them all the way until the customer takes delivery.

This means that if Tesla has a vehicle on hand at the end of a quarter, it spent tens of thousands of dollars to build it, but it doesn’t recognize any revenue for it even if it is already sold to a customer. Therefore, it can look really bad on its income statement at the end of the quarter."

I ordered LR, white inside and out, 18 inch wheels, Jan 10 at 8:30am EST. My delivery changed yesterday to apr-may. Sniff sniff. I'm renting a model 3 from hertz to get me through the winter as my other car is a 1990 miata. I love how the model 3 drives. Can’t wait until I get mine.

Reactions: catxi and ag21
My dates
I ordered LR, white inside and out, 18 inch wheels, Jan 10 at 8:30am EST. My delivery changed yesterday to apr-may. Sniff sniff. I'm renting a model 3 from hertz to get me through the winter as my other car is a 1990 miata. I love how the model 3 drives. Can’t wait until I get mine.
Ugh, exactly the same as mine. My edd is still at Mar 23 - Mar 31 but have a very strong feeling it will change soon. Ordered Jan 10 @ 12:01 am. Wow 1990 Miata! What was your previous edd?

My dates

Ugh, exactly the same as mine. My edd is still at Mar 23 - Mar 31 but have a very strong feeling it will change soon. Ordered Jan 10 @ 12:01 am. Wow 1990 Miata! What was your previous edd?
I had a 2010 BMW x3 (107,000 miles) manual transmission that I sold in September thinking the highland would be out 4Q23. So when December rolled around I figured I needed a winter car for New York. My Miata (47,000) is also a manual transmission.