Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_2809.jpeg

IMG_2808.jpeg

Last edited:
yeah I posted about the i4 a few weeks ago in this thread, direct link > Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

let me copy pasta for you here:

A few more observations I left out:
  • the highland was measurably quieter than the i4. I used my Apple Watch sound level app that measures dB and the highland was around 5-10 dB lower than the i4 on the same roads.
  • my i4 had the normal suspension and 18in wheels. While comfortable, the car had very floaty handling and maybe too soft suspension. sometimes the car would bounce hard enough to bottom out the suspension (the trade off for grand tourer comfort I guess)

I don't really regret the i4 purchase, although I wish I leased it. it was the insurance and registration that was getting expensive. you get a lot for your money with a Tesla.

For reference I have only test driven the RWD highland. In the past few months I have test driven a 2023 model 3 RWD, and a 2023 Model 3 Performance
Yeah, similar observations. Demo drove an i4 and have owned multiple BMW models in the past. No comparison these days even on metrics like driving quality.. definitely more luxurious which may be a factor for some consumers.. that is how comparisons used to be between BMW and Lexus 20 years ago!!

Reactions: 00omega
yeah I posted about the i4 a few weeks ago in this thread, direct link > Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

let me copy pasta for you here:

A few more observations I left out:
  • the highland was measurably quieter than the i4. I used my Apple Watch sound level app that measures dB and the highland was around 5-10 dB lower than the i4 on the same roads.
  • my i4 had the normal suspension and 18in wheels. While comfortable, the car had very floaty handling and maybe too soft suspension. sometimes the car would bounce hard enough to bottom out the suspension (the trade off for grand tourer comfort I guess)

I don't really regret the i4 purchase, although I wish I leased it. it was the insurance and registration that was getting expensive. you get a lot for your money with a Tesla.

For reference I have only test driven the RWD highland. In the past few months I have test driven a 2023 model 3 RWD, and a 2023 Model 3 Performance
Also what's with the SA accompanying demo drivers in other brands versus solo in Tesla? Experience of test drive is definitely hampered in those brands - tradeoff versus decreased risk of theft, maybe?

Also what's with the SA accompanying demo drivers in other brands versus solo in Tesla? Experience of test drive is definitely hampered in those brands - tradeoff versus decreased risk of theft, maybe?
maybe I have been lucky? It's been a few years since I had a sales guy accompany me during a test drive of other brands. Although Im usually not by myself. Im either with my spouse or my friend. I like to test drive cars when im bored and to keep my comparisons and recommendations fresh in my mind.

Reactions: VS325
Tesla knows where the car is at all times, knows how you are driving it, and can remotely disable it/ lock you out if necessary. If you bring it back with damage they can prove it was your fault.

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately, due to Tesla refusing to deliver AWD cars to us, I’m going to reach out and have them cancel all RWD orders. Please do not place any further RWD orders at this time. We need to convince them to make our expensive (overpriced) Model 3s instead to hit quarterly goals.

Thank you!

• Funny
Reactions: scooter62
Hi everyone,

Unfortunately, due to Tesla refusing to deliver AWD cars to us, I’m going to reach out and have them cancel all RWD orders. Please do not place any further RWD orders at this time. We need to convince them to make our expensive (overpriced) Model 3s instead to hit quarterly goals.

Thank you!
I agree with logistics sucking, but I will say that I think the price point is very fair for what you get :)