Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My current EDD in FL for LR with black interior is March 28th to March 31st with FSD transfer. Very much aware that it could be delayed, but wondering, how long should i wait before submitting these 2 remaining task?. Quite certain that tesla would want me to have these tasks completed by 31st as part of good faith attempt to get delivery by EOD required for FSD transfer.
Mine is 23-31 March in Tampa with FSD transfer. I have everything done for good faith and no excuses for delay on my end. My trade-in expired yesterday and I immediately updated the data. If things are delayed it isn't going to be my fault.

Last edited:
There's no alternative. You will wait and be patient. Else you will not exit this right of passage that all Highlanders pass. You'll not have earned the right to be a Highlander driver. You'll always then be looking at those other beautiful cars on the road. You'll be kicking yourself as you look through the window of your second choice-not-a-dream car.
Incorrect, there is alternatives lol. I just got a job at a car company where they have a lease program that’ll pay fully for my car and insurance- I was planning on letting my wife utilize it, but if I need cancel this Tesla and do that. Lol.

You’re a fool to think Tesla is the only cool car out there.. I will agree it is the only EV to go with at the moment for that price point

Reactions: catxi and Fatal
Yeah pretty embarrassing defending how cool the car is to Tesla haters, then they ask to see it and you have to tell them you’ve been waiting for months to get it. (Especially embarrassing when others are getting theirs after ordering well over a month than I did on the release date.)
When I got my current one (2018 M3), I plunked down the deposit more than 2 years before the car was available. And in that time, pretty much everyone in the whole building at work knew I was anxiously awaiting it. One person even said to me "I feel like *we* just got a new car", haha.
It's worth the wait, truly is! But the wait does indeed suck!
And @xii_ : I do agree with you, your config (AWD, Black interior) is indeed one that's delivering to others, it does feel like your order slipped into cracks. There's always gonna be a few "ordered after me, but got it before me" due to stuff like "Car makes it to New Jersey. Customer cancels. Let's find someone else local who we can sell it to". But that should be the rare case, not the usual case. Although nearly impossible to get someone at Tesla who gives you more than a random opinion, I'd keep trying to call and text and poke at them. All it takes is finding the one person who cares and they might be able to get it back on track. (That's how I've dealt with Solar system problems, have to hang up and call back until you get someone good).

It may depend what the tasks are. If it's just giving Registration and Insurance info, sure. If it's applying for Loan/Lease, I'd wait until it's a little closer. If you do it now and they slip, you might exceed their 30 day period. If it's a Trade-In offer, worst that happens is they have to re-evaluate the trade.
My POV, you don't want to give them any chance to point and say "Delivery slipped because the customer didn't do something". Have all your ducks lined-up so you can legitimately say "Slippage was 100% Tesla's fault, 0% mine". I still feel it's pretty unclear how they're going to handle FSD transfer people (like me) beyond March 31st. Legal document we signed: it isn't gonna transfer. Anything else is various degrees of opinions or non-legally enforceable Tweets. I hope they do the right thing but it's worrisome it will all be whims of Service Advisors whether they transfer or not.
Yup.. it is worrisome. I am open to EQS or R1S if fsd transfer does not happen.

Reactions: GuyFromAz
The more I wait while others get their vins/cars ordering more than a month after me the more of a clown I feel like lol. I’m paying straight cash just trying to give them money here. Y’all might be ok with being tossed around, we all have different values. If it’s pushed to April ✌🏼

Reactions: catxi
Seventh EDD update came through today, and it's better than the sixth was.

Order Date: 1/10, Virginia, RWD, Stealth Grey, Black Interior, Photon Wheels

Complete timeline so far:
1st EDD Update: 2/1 - 2/29
2nd EDD Update: 2/11 - 2/25
1st VIN Assigned: 2/7
3rd EDD Update 2/23 - 3/1
4th EDD Update 2/18 - 2/27
Delivery Scheduling Request 2/14
Delivery Scheduled for 2/24
VIN Withdrawn & Delivery Cancelled 2/22
5th EDD Update 3/9 - 3/16
2nd VIN Assigned 3/3
6th EDD Update 3/22 - 3/31
7th EDD Update 3/17 - 3/26

I get strength from you all waiting for this as a primary means fo transportation. Bless your hearts. It's a 3rd car for me to use as a commuter and extra when needed. And I am still so freaking annoyed at the movement of EDDs. Patience is one thing, but moving it up and back and back again, and then up a little.. Plus the widening and tightening of windows. I went from 2 months window to 2 days window to 5 week window to now an 11 day window. All the while moveing between March and May. This is some major league teasing.

• Love
Reactions: Zythryn and catxi

2nd VIN Assigned 3/3
Were you always black interior? If so, you have more of a reason to complain than I do? Ordered 1/10 with RWD..? Or were you white and switched to black?

I get strength from you all waiting for this as a primary means fo transportation. Bless your hearts. It's a 3rd car for me to use as a commuter and extra when needed. And I am still so freaking annoyed at the movement of EDDs. Patience is one thing, but moving it up and back and back again, and then up a little.. Plus the widening and tightening of windows. I went from 2 months window to 2 days window to 5 week window to now an 11 day window. All the while moveing between March and May. This is some major league teasing.
This is also a reason for me being so angry about it. I currently do not have a car and start my hybrid job end of March lol. I signed up thinking it would be jan-feb, then feb-march, then 6 other changes lol.

2nd VIN Assigned 3/3
You and I 1/10 orders: rwd, stealth grey, black interior, waiting waiting.....
meanwhile people are ordering last week and getting vins and delivery dates.

have to assume something happened to your car in transit or didn't pass the inspection at the local tesla -

Reactions: catxi and EODPat
You and I 1/10 orders: rwd, stealth grey, black interior, waiting waiting.....
meanwhile people are ordering last week and getting vins and delivery dates.

have to assume something happened to your car in transit or didn't pass the inspection at the local tesla -
That has to be it. Both of you basically have the same config as me and I ordered on 1/17. On top of that, there were like 3 Stealth grey highlands sitting in the Tesla lot when I picked up mine.

Reactions: catxi