Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
highly tempted - i guess downside is demo vehicle so some mileage and possibility of rough usage by some demo driver?
Might be better build or not. At least you can demo drive before buying. You have to be in the Tesla demi center to buy it since the phone or online does not show up. Still nobody have answered how to contact the place directly and not main Customer Service.

Might be better build or not. At least you can demo drive before buying. You have to be in the Tesla demi center to buy it since the phone or online does not show up. Still nobody have answered how to contact the place directly and not main Customer Service.
I just called the number for my local demo center from the link I sent. Then they texted me a link to the car. I told them it showed no new model 3’s but they clearly have different access. I then asked about if I wanted it would lose my deposit, she said no and would be able to transfer it the reservation on her end.

Here’s a link to one of ones she sent. Could have done it all from the site or over the phone.

• Informative
Reactions: ag21
Nobody wants to pay the 2.5% or whatever credit card fee on $50k! The most I ever got to charge was $7k at Honda on a Sunday night when I didn’t have my checkbook and they wanted the sale.
Merchant fees can be waived or part of a price. I’ve bought plenty of high items using cc without the fees. Do you go swipe your card at a store and see the fee on the receipt? Just depends on the merchant.

Paying it off in full before billing cycle ends while reaping a 4% reward is how I prefer to pay. Even at a 2.5% fee I’d take it as long as my reward % is higher.

I just called the number for my local demo center from the link I sent. Then they texted me a link to the car. I told them it showed no new model 3’s but they clearly have different access. I then asked about if I wanted it would lose my deposit, she said no and would be able to transfer it the reservation on her end.

Here’s a link to one of ones she sent. Could have done it all from the site or over the phone.

Interesting, they have more power than us to check inventory.

View attachment 1025902
Just went to the Tesla delivery center in Carlsbad California to check on my order.
They really couldn’t tell me much on my order, but I asked them about the red out in front.
They checked and said it’s available.
Guess what I’m picking up today at 4 o’clock.
Basically cut the line lol just kidding what luck and congrats! Amazing color

Reactions: Vwbeck
Went SC and asked about demo vehicles. They said I should check the site and wait for them to showup. Then make a call to change my order... yeah right first they need to show up and by that stage the car will be sold.

The second thing was that my car is not scheduled to be built in the factory yet... which was supposed to be built today and be delivered Sunday... Again it dissapeared after 5 days I checked in person with my SA. This will be the third time!

Seems that I will get another EDD update this March 10 like many of us with not so good news. Loosing my faith in getting the car before surgery. They mentioned the magic word "escalation" but it did not fly since I have a reduced EDD of 15 days that might be delayed by other 5 days March 10 then another 5 days until a miracle happens.

Reactions: happyelegance
Here’s some updates post wrap. Switched out the photons for EVbase’s wheel covers. About to sit down and remove the red dots!

IMG_6068.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6060.jpeg
    IMG_6060.jpeg
    611.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6058.jpeg
    IMG_6058.jpeg
    208.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6050.jpeg
    IMG_6050.jpeg
    246.7 KB · Views: 8
Merchant fees can be waived or part of a price. I’ve bought plenty of high items using cc without the fees. Do you go swipe your card at a store and see the fee on the receipt? Just depends on the merchant.

Paying it off in full before billing cycle ends while reaping a 4% reward is how I prefer to pay. Even at a 2.5% fee I’d take it as long as my reward % is higher.
The auto dealers don’t want to pay it.