Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally here! Picked up last week but had matte clear bra and tint applied.

Attachments

• IMG_3711.jpeg
    IMG_3711.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
Breathe deeply folks. Tesla tries to deliver all the cars by end of the quarter. People in California are last in line, East coast and south get shipments and vins first with lots of logistics. The Midwest is then next. Every quarter… Just think about how you would schedule across the country. Tesla is working 24x7 to deliver and get your dollars.

Personally, I’d like to not read fear and loathing until April 1st when we all see how many people got their new cars. After waiting two years for my first Tesla and six months for the second, getting a new car in one quarter 🤞🏻 seems lovely.

We have yet to see if FSD transfers and free supercharging will hold through delayed delivery in April. I certainly hope so, even tho I’m VIN free but scheduled for March 20-31.

Fingers crossed. Good luck all.
The emphasis on end of quarter rush production/deliveries is utterly meaningless when you still have orders from JANUARY that have not been filled. I don’t understand how they can pat themselves on the back and make shareholders happy with more deliveries when they can’t even fulfill their earliest orders.

Reactions: catxi and Whitezoid
I've had good experiences with Tesmanian. They just released their floor mat ordering for the Highland. I bought the frunk and trunk, since I already bought the inside mats from Tesla.

There is a 25% off code. WS25 Don't know how long it will be valid.

I probably missed this exact question earlier, but are the 2024 mats significantly different fitment than the previous years? (I have the mats from my 2020 M3, was intending to reuse them but now I’m not sure)

I probably missed this exact question earlier, but are the 2024 mats significantly different fitment than the previous years? (I have the mats from my 2020 M3, was intending to reuse them but now I’m not sure)
It’s similar. The exact measurements are different, but not by a significant margin. Your old mats will be “passable” if you aren’t too picky about needing it to fit absolutely perfectly.

View attachment 1030174
Just confirming what we all knew already, no white interiors at all😂 hopefully this advisor is correct, and April is our month! Hang in there everyone!
This lines up with the EDD my advisor told me of the first week of April. Worst case scenario we get it late April which is fine with me hahaha as long as I get my VIN sometime in April i'm good 😂

Reactions: evfangirl
Finally here! Picked up last week but had matte clear bra and tint applied.
Ooh. Nice. Same questions as asked... is that stealth grey under? looks amazing. And I am curious as I have no idea what that would cost.
But I did already make an appointment to tint the whole thing $1000 w windsheild and one piece on the back. Luckily the shop is empathatic to Telsa orders and doesn't need a firm date :)

• Funny
Reactions: evfangirl
Ooh. Nice. Same questions as asked... is that stealth grey under? looks amazing. And I am curious as I have no idea what that would cost.
But I did already make an appointment to tint the whole thing $1000 w windsheild and one piece on the back. Luckily the shop is empathatic to Telsa orders and doesn't need a firm date :)
Jeezzz. 1K? Is that standard for model 3s?
I’ve had SUVs tinted (3M, ceramic incl windshield etc) for $5-600 from reputable spots.

View attachment 1030174
Just confirming what we all knew already, no white interiors at all😂 hopefully this advisor is correct, and April is our month! Hang in there everyone!
truth is they have yet to see a white interior - likely something to do w location as well. I’ve seen a couple white interior 24 model 3’s in the bay area, likely demos that were bought out. Fremont has sold a few. North bay area and corte madera have sold or transferred dome as well. I know this as I was looking for one in the area, but all of the mentioned were demo cars for sale.

But I’m certain the major production run for white int will be starting in the final days of march, ti maximize Q2 deliveries. -My advisor saw a delivery date of april 8th for mine, app still shows end of march! no vin.

Jeezzz. 1K? Is that standard for model 3s?
I’ve had SUVs tinted (3M, ceramic incl windshield etc) for $5-600 from reputable spots.
Im sure it is relatively high, but its the lowest quote i got and its at a very well known high end place. They did my maserati 7-8 years ago and it still looks perfect. ive also never done a windshield before but that part seems to be extra pricey i think 5-600 without the windshield is right..add 400 min for the front.

Delivery Scheduled!! 3/29 Final payment made. Clock officially ticking.

But get this. A Tesla model S guy at my work just walked over and said Tesla called him and said they are having an event next week (NY/NJ) to show off the new Model 3. And said they will have a fleet available to take home that day.
While he was standing here talking, the text came through that my delivery was ready.
So there must be a mega caravan of cars headed to the east coast.

Im sure it is relatively high, but its the lowest quote i got and its at a very well known high end place. They did my maserati 7-8 years ago and it still looks perfect. ive also never done a windshield before but that part seems to be extra pricey i think 5-600 without the windshield is right..add 400 min for the front.
Gotcha. No judgement on my end. Just asking out of curiosity since this will be my first Tesla. For others here, does that sound about right? I do know tint shops complain that tinting rear glass is notoriously difficult to work with, more glass in general than other cars, etc.