Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And … it finally happened - I got my car. A gloomy day in Indianapolis so the Ultra Red didn’t pop as it would on a sunny day but still gorgeous nonetheless. Following the tips from the delivery checklist video @EV Girl posted (thank you) I was obsessively inspecting my car and to my relief all looked good. The car is really great. The only thing I was a bit disappointed by is that the wheel is a bit bigger and it covers the lower left corner of the screen a tiny bit. I’m very visual so it bugged me - most probably many won’t even notice. I didn’t have that with my older M3. I tweaked a bit the height and depth of its position so it’s less annoying. Otherwise, the car is quieter and drives much smoother. The FSD transfer was super smooth as well. The car calibrated after 10 miles and I was able to turn the FSD on. So far all is well.

I wanted to thank everyone for the support during this long wait and to wish you good luck, especially on all the white interiors. You guys are superheros to take all this waiting with a stride. Few weeks left, you are so close. See you on the road! 🙌🏽
That’s so funny, that’s my car to the back right of yours. I must’ve passed you shortly after

@birdie2473, @Bryant Tran, @CartierX, @Casablanca, @happyelegance, @j2brian703, @Jaycha2, @kavocat
Is it possible to share your VIN excluding the last two digits? For example, 731,4XX. I use these to calculate production. Thank you for your help.

@bespoke11, @Fatal, @FielderJones, @Lent53, @VS325, @Vybz
Thank you for the VIN. Congrats on your new car. I wish you a great ownership experience.
@Troy sorry for the delay in response. Stopped watching this thread after I canceled but randomly came back to check on some of the Day 1 people I grew to care about through our adventures.

Even after getting a VIN (it was a reassigned car with an earlier VIN), my troubles didn’t stop there. Delays continued and during that time I revisited (and test drove) some other options. Fell in love with a Rivian R1S and they have insane lease deals right now. Granted it’s night and day from the Highland so not for everyone, but I love it.

I wish you all a better experience than I had and hope everyone gets their cars soon.

Reactions: Troy
Tesla ran my credit a THIRD time, I am fuming. I applied back when I ordered, didn’t know I could wait that’s on me, when it expired I reached out to them saying that it still showed in the app but should have expired by now. They replied asking me to reapply and that the app should no longer show the old terms, so I reapplied since I already had a VIN. That was on March 12th, now today two days before my delivery they asked for consent to repull my credit, I told them I had just done it and they were like sorry you’re out of luck and RAN IT ANYWAYS?!?!

Tesla ran my credit a THIRD time, I am fuming. I applied back when I ordered, didn’t know I could wait that’s on me, when it expired I reached out to them saying that it still showed in the app but should have expired by now. They replied asking me to reapply and that the app should no longer show the old terms, so I reapplied since I already had a VIN. That was on March 12th, now today two days before my delivery they asked for consent to repull my credit, I told them I had just done it and they were like sorry you’re out of luck and RAN IT ANYWAYS?!?!
Tesla is becoming a Soup Nazi!

Too late to post but sharing my timeline as well! Received 2nd Tesla, and enjoying so far!

White / Black RWD
Order Date: 1/17
Original EDD: Feb - Mar
ETA 1: Feb 23 - Mar 20
ETA 2: Feb 28 - Mar 8
VIN Assigned: Feb 16
Delivery Date selection: Mar 1 ~
Picked up: Mar 2

KakaoTalk_20240316_192421071_01.jpg

Just got my VIN! However, my delivery date got pushed to 4/6 - 4/13. Has anyone gotten a confirmation from TA that they'll honor FSD transfer after 3/31?

SG / Black LR AWD
Order Date: 2/7
Original EDD: Feb - Mar
ETA 1: 3/18 - 3/31
ETA 2: 3/27 - 3/31
ETA 3: 4/6 - 4/13
VIN Assigned: 3/23 - 7372xx

Reactions: ag21 and evfangirl
VIN assigned this morning! New EDD Mar 30-Mar 31. Accepted Tesla Vision. Went back and submitted trade-in — will see what they offer.

@Troy 731XXX.

Accepted the Tesla offer on my 2019 Model 3, and my EDD changed to Mar 26 - Mar 31. So I could get it this week if they send me a delivery day selection.

Curious about TMC Highland purchasers and the use of Plaid. Do you trust it? What happens if your bank does not participate?

Accepted the Tesla offer on my 2019 Model 3, and my EDD changed to Mar 26 - Mar 31. So I could get it this week if they send me a delivery day selection.

Curious about TMC Highland purchasers and the use of Plaid. Do you trust it? What happens if your bank does not participate?

And just like that they send me the scheduling request! Picking up Friday in Lisle (Naperville) — would have preferred Westmont.

Reactions: Thp3