Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of my M3 yesterday in Pittsburgh on a very gloomy day. It was a big day for deliveries, mostly Ys. We arrived early for an exterior inspection and only found a very small paint chip near the left headlight. Delivery time came and the whole process was smooth and uneventful. The paint chip was addressed immediately when the car was taken into the shop.

After paying through the app, FSD was transferred immediately and simultaneously removed from my 2018 M3. Unfortunately, FSD can’t be activated until Tesla updates the software which hopefully will be soon. There was no explanation for this delay. I was glad my FSD transfer anxiety disappeared. I sincerely hope Tesla will honor the FSD transfer if the customer had a EDD anytime in March, even a Mar-April period without a specific date in March.

For all the white interior folks, I wish you all the best and hope you all hang in there. If this is your first Tesla, you won’t regret the wait.

A few photos taken today on a bright sunny day. The sun really emphasizes the Ultra Red. Just love it…
Sorry photos did not upload. Still trying…

Reactions: evfangirl
Just received my VIN yesterday, but delivery window was pushed from March 27-31 to April 5-11.

This is for an M3 Midnight Silver LR, black interior in Chicagoland area. Order placed Feb 9 with FSD transfer.

I asked SA via in-app message if my FSD will still transfer even though I will miss the March 31 delivery and they said it would. I confirmed that original delivery estimate at order was March-April, they said that still counted. 🤞

Since I ordered FSD with the car, I will know if I get the $12k discount on my 2019 M3 trade-in. Also my trade-in from early Feb was renewed at the same value even though it passed the expiration and added over 1000 miles. We will see if that holds at delivery.
I'm confused over why you ordered your new car with FSD if you expect the free transfer of FSD from your old to your new? I hope they're easy about returning your money.

I will go get my Highland on Tuesday (ordered Feb 6) and expect the transfer of FSD per Tesla's offer.

FWIW, my expected date has fluctuated several times into April and back, then back to March 31 once VIN assignment came, and now am picking up at 10 am Mar 26. I could have chosen a time tomorrow, Mar 25, but they were afternoon times not as convenient to me as the morning.

If your new car is a 2024 model, the so-called "Highland" version in grey it won't be the Midnight Silver; it will be the new color "Stealth Grey".

Took delivery of my M3 yesterday in Pittsburgh on a very gloomy day. It was a big day for deliveries, mostly Ys. We arrived early for an exterior inspection and only found a very small paint chip near the left headlight. Delivery time came and the whole process was smooth and uneventful. The paint chip was addressed immediately when the car was taken into the shop.

After paying through the app, FSD was transferred immediately and simultaneously removed from my 2018 M3. Unfortunately, FSD can’t be activated until Tesla updates the software which hopefully will be soon. There was no explanation for this delay. I was glad my FSD transfer anxiety disappeared. I sincerely hope Tesla will honor the FSD transfer if the customer had a EDD anytime in March, even a Mar-April period without a specific date in March.

For all the white interior folks, I wish you all the best and hope you all hang in there. If this is your first Tesla, you won’t regret the wait.

A few photos taken today on a bright sunny day. The sun really emphasizes the Ultra Red. Just love it…
FSD Beta is on a 2023.x code branch. 2024 Model 3s are on a 2024.x firmware (trunk). Just like you can't run last year's MacOS on this year's brand new Mac, you have to wait for Tesla to merge FSD Beta into the 2024.x line. According to Teslascope, that is expected to happen in April.

I was reviewing my agreement documents I needed to sign (title application etc.) for my pickup tomorrow. I noticed the mileage was 15. What? I asked my SA why would my car already have 15 miles on it. They replied with that is their normal baseline number they put on the title for new cars, so the DMV has something on there. So, I looked at my 2020 Telsa title and it too had 15 miles on it. My alarm was for nothing, but in case your title has 15 you'll know why too... :D

For anyone leasing the new model 3 to take advantage of the federal tax credit, can you confirm what the leasing rate you’re getting from Tesla. They are quoting me 0.0043700 which is terrible. My credit score is 839.
I’ll update when i get my vin and a more accurate timeline for delivery. Out of curiosity, what did the payment come out to be, and how much did you put down (w/o taxes and fees)

I was reviewing my agreement documents I needed to sign (title application etc.) for my pickup tomorrow. I noticed the mileage was 15. What? I asked my SA why would my car already have 15 miles on it. They replied with that is their normal baseline number they put on the title for new cars, so the DMV has something on there. So, I looked at my 2020 Telsa title and it too had 15 miles on it. My alarm was for nothing, but in case your title has 15 you'll know why too... :D
back in 2018, they all said 50 on the paperwork...just to be safe as well. My car had 12 when I got it.

For the 2024, the paperwork said 15, but my car had 5 miles on it

I'm confused over why you ordered your new car with FSD if you expect the free transfer of FSD from your old to your new?
Yes, your right. I didn't order FSD, but when I signed the transfer agreement, FSD shows up in the configuration. It is not priced in. I should have said that I hope that when we are completing price, FSD is still part of the config without the cost.

As soon as I we wrote midnight silver, I had a feeling it was wrong. Didn't really pay attention if there was much difference in the two colors.

One slight regret I have is that didn't choose white. I did send the SA a message that if by chance they had inventory sitting for the end of the quarter that they weren't selling,I may be interested in changing. Doubt it will happen, but open to any color.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Took an overnight demo today, and I have found myself in the car ever since lol I do believe this will help ease my anxiousness of waiting for my car as it has driven home the point that I 100% made the right decision by going with the new model 3 vs any other car. Also the point that I made the right choice to continue waiting for the white interior. The black is just as nice and high quality, but I do believe I’ll like the white more.

Attachments

• IMG_3856.jpeg
    IMG_3856.jpeg
    159.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Yes, your right. I didn't order FSD, but when I signed the transfer agreement, FSD shows up in the configuration. It is not priced in. I should have said that I hope that when we are completing price, FSD is still part of the config without the cost.

As soon as I we wrote midnight silver, I had a feeling it was wrong. Didn't really pay attention if there was much difference in the two colors.

One slight regret I have is that didn't choose white. I did send the SA a message that if by chance they had inventory sitting for the end of the quarter that they weren't selling,I may be interested in changing. Doubt it will happen, but open to any color.
Interesting, mine is pretty much the exact opposite. When I ordered, I was chatting with an advisor on the website and he specifically told me I needed to add FSD to the order, which I did. Then sometime around (I can't remember if before or after I signed the agreement), the FSD (and $12k charge) disappeared from the vehicle configuration.
If I look at the order from the phone App (not via the Website), under the "Trade-In" area, below the "No Trade In" it also lists "FSD Capability Transfer from..." with my current car's VIN. If your App shows the FSD Transfer designator I would suspect it's hooked-up correctly on the back-end. If it doesn't, that's something you should talk to them to sort out prior to delivery day for sure! Or, maybe it's mine that's screwed up (NOT showing the $12k price until day of). Who knows with the inconsistencies! But at least a data point for you to know that it looks different on mine.

I suspect unlikely they'll have one of what so many of us are waiting for just sitting around by EOQ (lol), but worth the shot!