Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing has changed as far as I know. Thats how i have done it with USAA. Add the new car and delete the other, right on the app.
Yea I was given the impression that what you uploaded for insurance purposes had to be for the Tesla. I added it to my insurance a few days before my first delivery date and uploaded the proof. however, the car was delayed so I called USAA to remove the tesla, and then the day before i really took delivery and had confirmation the car would be delivered, i added it back to my insurance (and never re-uploaded any documents etc)

and please message me if the tracking sheet gets deleted or has issues and I can fix etc --

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaycha2
Yea I was given the impression that what you uploaded for insurance purposes had to be for the Tesla. I added it to my insurance a few days before my first delivery date and uploaded the proof. however, the car was delayed so I called USAA to remove the tesla, and then the day before i really took delivery and had confirmation the car would be delivered, i added it back to my insurance (and never re-uploaded any documents etc)

and please message me if the tracking sheet gets deleted or has issues and I can fix etc --

The last time, I called and they said do it on the app on day of delivery, so thats what I'll do on Saturday. Sooooo pumped!

And thanks for maintaining that spreadsheet!

I know I immediately jumped on here to talk about my one issue after taking delivery. But wanted to let everyone know that it went pretty well otherwise!

I did my inspection when I arrived home since we were starving and had been at Tesla for almost 2 hours. My trade in took forever to process (no fault of mine or the Tesla employee who helped me, the state system was just down). I did take a video of the new car before leaving just in case I noticed any paint or glass issues after the fact but everything looked good when I got home!

My only issue is that my door is slightly misaligned, so I put in a request within 24 hours like they told me. They are gonna fix it but they’re making me go into the service center to fix it instead of letting a mobile tech do it and I have to wait a few weeks. At least it makes me feel better that even if I would have caught it at Tesla I would have still had to come back because the service center was closed when I took delivery.

Did anyone take delivery with 18 inch photons and pop the covers off yet? curious if we can some fresh pics, and a discourse on the color. Are they black/grey/gunmetal? shiny, matte. somewhere in between?
1711467601198.png

I will do my best to decline the demo ride on Saturday since I have been on FSD for 3 1/2 years and installed 12.3 this weekend.
I’m also hoping to decline the FSD demo, that is if they ever deliver white interiors. I’ve used family member’s FSD and while nice, I don’t think it’s even close to worth $12k. At least not in the state that it’s in.

I will do my best to decline the demo ride on Saturday since I have been on FSD for 3 1/2 years and installed 12.3 this weekend.
Anyone else get the “you’re stuck going to a timeshare promotional pitch” vibe with forced demo drives?
Same boat for me, already own FSD, so I sure hope they will skip wasting my time to demo what I already have had for quite a long time too.