Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
true to the process. pickup supposed to be at 10am. I was on time. Got the car at 11:20.
But it’s pretty sweet. Both driver and passenger ambient lights are off, they’ll be fixed next weekend. But all else smooth.
I’m coming from a Maserati QP and this car is nice and fast.

I popped off the wheel covers to put on the center caps from teslaunch and am happy with the look. It is plastic on metal which is very hard to match but it’s darn close.
Nice! the wheels look really good

Reactions: evfangirl
For those of you switching to black interior from white, are you now paying for the updated price? Every time I talk to someone from Tesla they say that changing will give me the new higher price, effectively making it so I’m paying the same if not more for a lower costing spec. I simply refuse to pay more for Tesla’s inability to produce a white interior.

Also to add insult to injury, got a call today from Tesla asking if I wanted to instead buy a SR ultra red. If I wanted a SR I would have ordered one. God I hate this company so much.
you should've replied with yes, I'll take 2 SRs instead of the one LR I ordered.

Hi everyone!

Should I be expected to receive my car this week? I ordered a SG LR black int. and my EDD has been changing from Mar 22 - 31 everyday. After each day passes, it changes to the current date (Ex: After March 22 passes, EDD changes to Mar 23-31). To this day, I havent gotten my VIN yet. Tesla loves playin with my heart strings

Attachments

• IMG_0567.jpeg
    IMG_0567.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 8
I’m thinking there may only be a handful of us white interiors left on here if lots of people switch then picks up then disappears. I’m sticking with white. I’m buying this car and expect to have it a long long time. So I’ll wait. Hey it might be a really nice Christmas present to me. I rented a Tesla for the winter and taking it back next week. Then I’ll be driving my 34 year old standard Miata while I wait. I hope she can keep holding together.
Like the color😎

Hi everyone!

Should I be expected to receive my car this week? I ordered a SG LR black int. and my EDD has been changing from Mar 22 - 31 everyday. After each day passes, it changes to the current date (Ex: After March 22 passes, EDD changes to Mar 23-31). To this day, I havent gotten my VIN yet. Tesla loves playin with my heart strings
You will get it fast. Black interiors are available.

April 16 is only a few weeks away! That’s not so bad. April 5 begins my edd. It won’t shift
I hope you're right. Although my guess is that they likely just said "all hands on deck to build the black interiors before EOQ" versus "let's have a team working on the White interior problem" (whatever that problem actually is. Basically, spend their manpower/effort where they can best help the EOQ push. So I suspect that, unless the issue was purely a supplier didn't deliver material, they likely decided to pivot away from figuring-out white until April 1st at the earliest.

A few people have said in the drone video they saw white interiors. Can anyone confirm these were on Model 3's? I've already proven I can't tell 3 vs Y in the videos, even when someone put arrows highlighting the 3's versus the Y's I somehow missed that, haha! So my eye is definitely not trustable.

Why do we think it’s a “problem” and not them deciding to start more mass manufacturing after Q1?
It is like when the iPhone was announced to have a white version but it came 1 year after. We only had black version for a long time.

Quality of the white interiors might not have there and Tesla might not using the same provider from China (import rules that mandates % of components made in America). It can even be even a quality safety regulation where white seats need to be tested due to the presence sensor and that might be delayed.

If that is the case it is not like hey.... we are testing the airbags deployment with the white seats, that could really damage the brand and most people will not want white seats. Even the sensor of presence is in the driver seat to keep car on, image it turn off in middle of driving.

Reactions: evfangirl and ag21
Why do we think it’s a “problem” and not them deciding to start more mass manufacturing after Q1?
Gut feel for me, since they originally had delivery dates of Black and White similar, but basically only been delivering Black. I’m suspecting issues sourcing the materials. But whatever the origin of the delay (even if it’s entirely an arbitrary choice on their part), end result is kinda the same: there’s a shortage of White being delivered.

It’s also not a great thing to have an early VIN Tesla.

Paying a premium for white int after all, even more so for LR… If waiting a bit means (potentially) less headaches, time at service etc.

So be it.

🧘🏻‍♂️

The “hate” I’ve seen these past few days is weird. Being on a forum, looking out for updates near constantly, as early adopters..

We clearly love the product.

All the incentives are in place for TSLA to want to deliver orders as quickly as they can, and they intend to.

Could they have set expectations better? Judging by the comments here… uhhh, clearly.

By no means am I doing free PR for them, but having worked at startups, I’ve learned to be more open to issues/nuances/explanations you couldn’t ever imagine from the outside.

If you’re on here yelling “I hate this company 😡😡😡”… Take a walk, buy a Camry, and work with your SA on a deposit refund.

It’s also not a great thing to have an early VIN Tesla.

Paying a premium for white int after all, even more so for LR… If waiting a bit means (potentially) less headaches, time at service etc.
100% agree here. I'd rather have it built right with high quality materials, than pushed through quickly. My current 2018 M3 was one of the earlier ones (VIN 22xxx), back when you had to be "invited to configure" and they only offered options of paint and wheels. While I'm generally happy with the quality, there are some creeks and squeaks and rattles that I'm pretty sure they worked the kinks out of the system a few months after mine was built. Not terrible, but it's noticeable for the early builds in a model/refresh.

true to the process. pickup supposed to be at 10am. I was on time. Got the car at 11:20.
But it’s pretty sweet. Both driver and passenger ambient lights are off, they’ll be fixed next weekend. But all else smooth.
I’m coming from a Maserati QP and this car is nice and fast.

I popped off the wheel covers to put on the center caps from teslaunch and am happy with the look. It is plastic on metal which is very hard to match but it’s darn close.
That trim around the speaker grill looks legit like the WRONG part.. even pushing the whole assembly with the grill further IN, it seems like it’s A) not going to line up and B) just a different width altogether.