Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of my car this morning, and it was super smooth. It didn’t feel like I was evening spending thousands of dollars, trading in my car, or driving away with a new car. It was incredible.

The standard range is pretty quick, I don’t know how anybody could call it slow without having driven a 2012 Hyundai first, tbh.

I have the black interior after switching from white; my thoughts on the black? Super super satisfying, I’m completely happy with the interior. I don’t even have those LED strip issues where they look completely misaligned - mine is literally perfect. I will say this…IF YOU CAN WAIT FOR THE WHITE INTERIOR, DO IT. You will have the nicest interior of a vehicle out of almost anybody you know. You will feel way cooler than those who do not have the same interior, because your interior will be cooler. The black interior is cool but that cool colored white will offset some sun heat.

There is a glare on the windshield from the dash that you will get used to.

It does feel slightly larger to drive than I thought it would coming from my old car, but that’s probably the weight behind the model 3.

I’m happy to answer any questions if anybody had them. 10/10 experience.
Congratulations twinnn❗

Reactions: MikeWithAnEV
good to know Dublin is a good option for me later.

RE: your question: Sorry, I don't know yet as my car is in service right now for a hood issue hahahah

The drivers side of my front hood was dropped in, pretty noticably more than the passenger side. I took it to Berkeley, and they tried adjusting the latch but determined that the hood was warped. So they ordered a new hood, and now the hood has to get painted and installed on. It'll take a week so I'm on a loaner for now. I'll check your rear bumper question when I get the car back. FWIW, my VIN is 7326XX

View attachment 1036160
A new hood was needed for that?! Mine wasn’t AS bad, all it needed was an adjustment. Definitely something everyone should take a good look at when taking delivery.

I’m 7380XX.

Ok the wait is worth it folks....WOW

Attachments

• 20240406_131823.jpg
    20240406_131823.jpg
    615.6 KB · Views: 11
Took delivery of my car this morning, and it was super smooth. It didn’t feel like I was evening spending thousands of dollars, trading in my car, or driving away with a new car. It was incredible.

The standard range is pretty quick, I don’t know how anybody could call it slow without having driven a 2012 Hyundai first, tbh.

I have the black interior after switching from white; my thoughts on the black? Super super satisfying, I’m completely happy with the interior. I don’t even have those LED strip issues where they look completely misaligned - mine is literally perfect. I will say this…IF YOU CAN WAIT FOR THE WHITE INTERIOR, DO IT. You will have the nicest interior of a vehicle out of almost anybody you know. You will feel way cooler than those who do not have the same interior, because your interior will be cooler. The black interior is cool but that cool colored white will offset some sun heat.

There is a glare on the windshield from the dash that you will get used to.

It does feel slightly larger to drive than I thought it would coming from my old car, but that’s probably the weight behind the model 3.

I’m happy to answer any questions if anybody had them. 10/10 experience.
Congrat! It is a beautiful car. You mentioned glare… Are you talking about your new car, or white interior? I have a2020 M3 with white interior, never noticed any glare on the windshield.

Reactions: evfangirl
Congrat! It is a beautiful car. You mentioned glare… Are you talking about your new car, or white interior? I have a2020 M3 with white interior, never noticed any glare on the windshield.
In the 2024 model 3, from where I’m sitting, there is a glare from some of the trim on the passenger side windshield with some visible on my far left on the drivers side. It’s not always there but i can see it. I think it’s designed to not be seen son the side you’re sitting on…maybe.

I’ve also noticed that there is a massive sun glare on your screen with the sun behind you if you leave your the plastic on the screen; it was very bright. Much more distorted and less blinding when I removed the plastic. That’s operator error though.

Reactions: Whitezoid
I remain in the white interior camp, so still patiently waiting, even though my order date is 1/16. Question for those who have been fortunate to take delivery of their Highland, please. Has anyone purchased mats for the interiors that they are satisfied with? I want to order mats before delivery. I have Tasmanian mats in my 2021 Model Y, and have been pleased with the fitment and quality of the mats. I see Tasmanian is now advertising mats and other accessories for the Highland, so wondering if anyone has purchased the Tasmanian mats, or any other mats that they are please with.

Also would like to see the Model 3 forum dedicate a separate forum (or sub-forum) for the Highland so we do not have to read through all of the "legacy" Model 3 postings to seek out info on our Highlands (whenever we get 'em LOL). How do I (we) go about requesting a forum specifically for the Highland. If enough of us ask, maybe the Tesla Motors Club will be receptive to the idea.

Reactions: jiren and cpux00