Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some you guys have better dates than me. I got June 30 - August 11 so that's why I'm thinking about switching to black interior
I have ZERO faith in the new June dates at this point. The only question for me is whether to switch to black interior, or give Tesla the finger and go with another make. It's no wonder their stock price is in the toilet. Worst car buying experience of my life...

I have ZERO faith in the new June dates at this point. The only question for me is whether to switch to black interior, or give Tesla the finger and go with another make. It's no wonder their stock price is in the toilet. Worst car buying experience of my life...
If it wasn’t for the Tesla charging network, which is hands down the best in my opinion, I’d switch to another brand in a heartbeat. Yes, I know some other EV’s can use an adapter, etc. but still a kluge to me.

Acceleration Boost is not available for the 2024 model 3 yet. No confirmation on any of it yet, but the outstanding rumors are they they'll release the boost package after the model 3 performance/ludicrous/whatever they call it, is annouced. Maybe sometime shortly after, hopefully?

I've been watching that space, as I have the 2024 now, and I have the referral credits waiting to purchase it.
Same, but we need that FSD updates first; kinda bummed with FSD transferred to the new car and not being to use it.

Reactions: Old Biker
Someone has been editing my line on the spread sheet. They changed almost everything. All my EDD are messed up and it was changed to black interior.
Also, wanted to update that my EDD changed to MAY - JUNE 2024. No date, just the month range. What can we do at this point? I really don't want to switch to black int.

Someone has been editing my line on the spread sheet. They changed almost everything. All my EDD are messed up and it was changed to black interior.
Also, wanted to update that my EDD changed to MAY - JUNE 2024. No date, just the month range. What can we do at this point? I really don't want to switch to black int.
i’m holding no matter what. when i see folks saw they caved and switched to blk int. that just means hopefully i wait less longer, but im happy those who are switching also seem to be happy with the switch.

we all want the car and we will all get them one way or another.

EDD just changed from April 23-May 28 to July 9-August 20 for white interior...gut punch!
Starting this summer, New Jersey is going to start charging sales tax on EV's and the registration fee is going from $40 up to $250 and you have to pay 4 years in advance! I wonder who is going to have to eat these costs if I don't get my car by then.
SG/White Int. OD: 1/29. 2nd EDD: The whole month of May!

Starting this summer, New Jersey is going to start charging sales tax on EV's and the registration fee is going from $40 up to $250 and you have to pay 4 years in advance! I wonder who is going to have to eat these costs if I don't get my car by then.
Indiana adds $250 to your registration they say to make up from not paying tax on gas. So registration is like $500 here now.

I hear the frustration, but 100% the answer to "who is going to have to eat these costs" is pretty evident: you. New Jersey isn't going to change the laws, and Tesla isn't gonna reimburse for that, pretty clearly.
If you want to avoid the costs, I think you'd have to either switch to black Interior, or get a different car completely. Otherwise, it'll be a one-time blip on your radar, and you'll love the car once you have it.

FWIW, Arizona changed EV registration laws almost a year and a half ago. What they used to charge was insanely ridiculous (literally like 2% of the similar fees for gas cars). When I got my 2018 M3, I paid under $100 for 5 yrs of registration, and renewal was around $50 for the next 5 yrs. The new car, will be something more akin to $1000/yr. Dunno if "Other states are worse in EV price hikes than New Jersey" helps you at all, but for us here, what was $10/yr is now $1000/yr (for first year registration). So honestly $40 to $250 isn't all that bad in context.