Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone notice any speakers? I think I see grills on the front doors but doesn't look like rear doors have any grills and no tweeter grills in the A pillars.

Here? :
speakers1.png

I don't mind the somewhat "ordinary" interior. Tesla is trying to make this car comfortable/familiar/"safe" for the masses.
No falcon wings or risky things to derail. The reason you want this car is because it doesn't use fuel, and performs/drives/looks better than your other options.

Hopefully the little 'different' things like the door handles, minimalist dashboard, and floating touch screen end up being accepted and appreciated by customers going forward.

They set out to keep costs down and make production easy / reliable. Using mostly standard approaches should make it easier for suppliers to relate to this design.

Last edited:
Some quick observations on the 2nd row seating:

(1) The center seat has a fold-down armrest.

(2) The head restraint for the center seat appears to be a movable piece that can be made hidden for better rearward visibility.

(3) Nice conveniences for the occupants: USB ports, HVAC vents, seatback pockets on both sides handy for phones & tablets, door pockets. It's looking good as a family sedan.

This resolves almost every complaint I had about the original Model S rear seating. Drink/bottle holders are the only thing I don't see, but it's possible that the door pockets are wide enough for bottles. Also, the center armrest may conceal drink holders.

I like the interior so far. It looks like a quieter version of the softex in DW's plug-in Prius.
Please do not say that. I despise soft-tex, and not only because my wife complained about it so much we traded in our Lexus after one year. Softex is vinyl, and it belongs in a Hyundai (if anywhere.)

Mmmm, average looking interior for a car in this price-range?

I don't think you've spent enough time in a bmw 3 series or an audi a4 which are the same price sedan... They are not as good as your imagination or their marketing teams make them out to be. Design wise this interior is above average, especially the rear seats.