Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 is Officially Model Ξ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla should call it Model E. Let Ford sue and appear ridiculous for attempting to do so. The courts would likely invalidate a claim to a model name briefly used over a century ago for a car that was simply called the Delivery Car in catalogs. The media coverage of a court fight would get Tesla free advertising and public sympathy.
Ford will probably try to sue Tesla based on the reason mentioned above by tga... which actually seems like a logical reasoning o.o and like you said, it'd look quite sad if Ford tries to wing it and sue Tesla. It's actually quite annoying how quick other ICE companies like GM or Ford will jump on any move Tesla makes to try to prevent the inevitable ass-beating they're about to get.

I was not able to succeed following the "Alt 240" instructions. I found the character using the Windows Character Map. The search terms “identical to” will quickly locate it if available within the particular font type. I found it in Arial and several others that I commonly use.
Model 3 Symbol.png

Attachments

• Model 3 Symbol.png
    Model 3 Symbol.png
    44.4 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Okay, thank you to all my non-Google friends, I think I got it: ≡

But I have a question. When first owners are accosted in a parking lot and asked, 'What kind of car is that?" Do they answer:

A) It's a Tesla Model 3
B) It's a Tesla Model E
C) It's a Tesla formerly known as Model E, formerly known as Model 3

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Red Sage
Okay, thank you to all my non-Google friends, I think I got it: ≡

But I have a question. When first owners are accosted in a parking lot and asked, 'What kind of car is that?" Do they answer:

A) It's a Tesla Model 3
B) It's a Tesla Model E
C) It's a Tesla formally known as Model E, formally known as Model 3
formerly you mean (for the former, not the latter)

Reactions: Red Sage