Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep! The way i see it is values for used cars won't just drop overnight it usually lags depending on customer demand. The retail cost has continued to increase and i also already locked in the price since July. The car i want is literally 2500 dollars more, so i'll have some equity from the get go. Whats an additional 1.5 to 2 months of wait. lol

I'll be selling my 2019 LR RWD, so im still driving a Tesla... all good :)

I'm ok taking delivery in 2022 as the chances are really high that Jan 1st 2022 and beyond will be on the bill. I don't see them back dating to 2021...

I get to cash out of my 2019, get the newer model cheaper than what it sell for now and likely cash in on the govt incentive? WIN WIN WIN :)
Curious to hear more thoughts on the “backdating.” I have no insights on what Congress intends to do, but purely from a drafting perspective, it would be simpler to delete the 200,000 unit threshold in existing law that prevents current Tesla and GM buyers from receiving the base credit. The newly crafted credits relating to US- and labor- builds are a different story. For those, it’s simpler to create a new effective date, like after 12/31/21.

OD: 9/25
M3LR – White paint, Black interior
18" Aero wheels, no FSD
Indianapolis delivery

EDD: 11/17 - 12/17 (never changed since placing order)
No VIN on page or in source
No contact via email, phone or text

Was told during my test drive appointment last weekend that I "should get it pretty quickly."
Now a week out from my EDD (which still hasn't changed). Still no VIN yet...
Hoping to start seeing updates soon from the Indy gang!

Reactions: spacecortes
Indy gang here representing! I would think there is a good chance we will get VIN about the same time.
OD 10/01 and EDD Nov 22 - Dec 6
Another 1 for the IndyGang - EDD went from a 2 week timeframe for me to now 12/01/2021 - 12/29/2021.

Ordered 11/02/2021. No VIN, received and accepted approvals but the Advisor(s) have gone silent since then...

Hopefully someone hears something soon!

Reactions: ReeseyCup
Order Date: 10/18
M3LR Blue/Black, 18" Stock Aeros. Western Tennessee.
Got my VIN this Sunday morning, 11/7, and the EDD narrowed to 11/17-11/23. Haven't received any scheduling text yet.
Account and VIN shows it's a 2022 model.
Just scheduled my delivery for the 24th, which was the earliest date they showed available. So from order placed to delivery will be a total of 37 days.