Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For all my Bay Area folk,

Woke up to a VIN email this morning (11/30). Awaiting to schedule a delivery date.

OD: 10/23
1st edd: 11/26-12-28
2nd edd: 11/28-12/11
3rd edd: 11/30-12/11
newest edd: 11/30-12/6

white/black/ 19”/ no fsd- pickup in Fremont
Had some issues with my MVPA. Had them do edits and got a text about delivery to my home. was concerned about the transport and called back to try and see if i could pick it up instead. the SA explained to me that the lot for pickup is mainly reserved for those that live further from fremont and since i’m super close, they opted to deliver to my home. called back because my MVPA was still messed up and the new SA is working on editing it as i type this. i ask about delivery and requested to pick up. she updated it to the exact time and date that worked for me(my day off)!! everything reflecting quickly as i refreshed my app!! Picking up in Fremont at 10am on 12/2!!!

You should get quotes from outside of teslas financing. You’ll almost certainly get better rates if your credit is good.

I spoke with a team member from tesla financing and they basically admitted their financing was for anyone that couldn’t get a better deal elsewhere first.
I mean this is not what I have seen. I am based in MN and the 2.49% was the lowest I could find outside of a credit union (which I am not a member of any). The next lowest was through AAA Banking which was 2.59% with autopay.

Reactions: gokujou
OD: 11/28
1st EDD: 2/23-3/23

Delivery: Colma, CA
White/Black/Aero/No FSD

Interestingly enough, I get a call this afternoon from Tesla customer service thanking me for my order and encouraging me to complete my order tasks including applying for financing. When I told the agent that with an EDD more than 90 days away and not wanting to repeat the application and wanting to complete financing towards the end of December, they said failure to complete all tasks may result in my EDD getting pushed out further. Is this true, or is this to possibly push up my delivery date to give me EOQ rejected deliveries??

OD: 11/28
1st EDD: 2/23-3/23

Delivery: Colma, CA
White/Black/Aero/No FSD

Interestingly enough, I get a call this afternoon from Tesla customer service thanking me for my order and encouraging me to complete my order tasks including applying for financing. When I told the agent that with an EDD more than 90 days away and not wanting to repeat the application and wanting to complete financing towards the end of December, they said failure to complete all tasks may result in my EDD getting pushed out further. Is this true, or is this to possibly push up my delivery date to give me EOQ rejected deliveries??
Just select cash and change it to finance later when delivery is close.

My experience with Delivery Day:
In short, FANTASTIC!

Tesla scheduled a noon to 4 pm delivery. Yesterday. OD was 10/14. Waited around in the driveway after 11:30 am. Someone had written on this forum that these guys can show up early. Raked up some leaves. Wondered if they'd bring Tesla on a truck? Or drive it? Watched the kids throw around a rugby ball, between looking up and down the street for the new car! Very excited, of course!

Called Tesla at 1:50 pm to check in (Rockin, California.) First time I've called, ever. First time speaking to anyone at Tesla. Learned they were short staffed. Running behind with deliveries. Asked if I was paying with cashiers check. Yes, I said. Fine. We'll notify the driver.

At 2:55 pm. Tesla rep calls back. We're backed up. Very sorry. Not able to get vehicle to you today. All booked up tomorrow. And our drivers don't accept cashier's checks, only the dealership does. Are you in a rush for the car? No, but if it's there we'll drive to you in Rocklin. 35 minutes later, I arrive with wife and kids. Handful of folks milling around showroom. Some general chatter. Most people pushing buttons on their smart phones. Some Model Ys and 3s in there. Wife excited. Employee greets wife, asks for last name. Says he'll get the Tesla and paperwork ready. Disappears for ten minutes. Returns with paperwork a few minutes later. Sign here, here and here. Hand over cashier's check. Do we need copies of any of that paperwork, I ask. "Take photos if you want, he says. It's all DMV paperwork." Okay, I think. Don't need that. Employee shows us to vehicle outside dealership.

It looks great! Okay everyone. It's the moment we've been waiting for. Wife loves it. Kids go straight into the back. They love it too!

Ask employee what do we do if there's defects. Says we have 100 miles or 24 hours to notify them via the app, take photos and describe issues. I'm okay with that. We're only 35 miles from Rocklin Tesla. I spend 10 minutes looking over the car, inside and out. Look under the car. Don't see any issues. No scratches, or visible damage to anything. Then again, I know I'm kind of rushing it a bit! Figure out I'll look it over when I get home. Take a photo of wife behind the wheel. Wife and kids drive it home. Follow me in my 03 Honda CRV with 150,000 miles with two front struts needing replacing in the front and a noisy wheel bearing issue in back. Almost get in a collision on the way home. Me, that is. Some guy in a brank new BMW comes up on the hard shoulder and cuts in between me and the car in front. I brake hard. Have to lay on the horn for a long time!!! BMW disappears ahead, cutting from lane to lany in heavy traffic. Arrive home safe. Make pizza. Wife and kids check out car in garage.

Today. Check over car systematically. I find two areas of scratches, about thumb-size, on the inside lower portion of driver side window; three thumb sized discolorations on the lower carpeted back of the rear seats; a slight misalignment on the front trunk where the gap between the trunk and the next body panel is noticeably smaller on the passenger side than driver side; a similar alignment issue on the driver side taillights where the gap with the next body panel is slightly larger than on the passenger side. Now, I understand, from previous posters in this forum, that not all the gaps between body panels are 100% evenly spaced on Teslas. Can I live with it? Yes! It's hardly noticeable. I schedule a service appointment in mid-December, listing these issues, and sending photos. Document it.

Now, something the Tesla employee said is worth sharing for those of you thinking of postponing delivery until 2022. I mentioned it was only 44 days since I ordered the Tesla, the employee appeared shocked...at least, the portion of his face over his face mask did. He said he has heard that waits of 4 - 6 months may become the norm after January 1. Again, this information is from one Tesla employee here in northern California, so make of that what you will.

I'd like to share my thoughts about the customer service at Tesla. I think it's great! Look, there's no fake smiles, no fake sincerity, no can-I-get-you-a-bottle-of-water while you wait...let me introduce you to the sales manager....oh, here's the finance manager who'll be with you in a minute, etc, etc...all the things I've experienced when buying cars from non-Tesla dealerships in the past. And I've blown a lot of money that way. With Tesla, at least for me, there was none of the let me familiarize you with you new car BS. It's what I'd call some old-fashioned British service. "Here's your car, mate. You figure it out, and you'll love it!" I realize from many of us it's difficult not to have regular updates on when the Tesla is coming, or have a service adviser soothing our worries...but for me I'm totally in with this way of doing business. My only regret? I didn't do this years ago!

Finally, I'd like to say a huge thank you to other posters on this forum. For all of you guys providing helpful information, for passing on your knowledge, whether you're in the USA, Canada, Europe or Australia! Thank you!

For those of you waiting for you Tesla, hang in there! Your Tesla will arrive, sooner than you know it!

PS. I haven't driven the Tesla! It's my wife's car! But...she did invite me along as a passenger this morning to go to the grocery store. It's simply amazing. Quiet. Roomy. Great views out the windows and roof. Simple but clean and functional set up inside. Why'd I order it for her? I test drove one in Sacramento on 10/14 for ten minutes. Thought to myself, "Yep. This will work!" Went home and ordered it. Thanks Nick, the sales employee at Sac Arden Tesla, for such an excellent presentation.

Lastly, thanks to all the folks at Tesla for designing this Model 3. Don't know how you did it, but big thumbs-up to you.

Cheers!View attachment 738403

Love this! My delivery is in the next week! Cannot wait!

Reactions: 7rugby
Thanks for the advice. Selecting "Cash" results in a continue button and not a "Save" like the trade-in option. How would I swap back to financing closer to delivery? Do I have to call and talk to somebody, or can it all be done through the website?
I believe you just ask your SA and they’ll be able to open up the option for you, i don’t think the website will let you switch it without the customer support. Most people do this however so you’ll be good if you do this!

Reactions: geekxism
North New Jersey White/White 18” Aero
OD: 11/08
EDD: 12/07-12/21
11/24: Trade in text
11/29: Received VIN. Prepare for Deliver.
EDD: 12/11-12/17
11/30: Set-up loan payment, got approved, selected accept then poof VIN disappeared! EDD still remains 12/11-12/17.

Will call Tesla tomorrow to find out what happened. In the time being anyone know why it just disappeared?

Hey guys quick question. I originally got approved 2.49 with Wells Fargo on Tesla Financing on 11/8. I just applied for a BOFA loan and it was WAY worse, so 22 days apart or so. Unsure if this will count as two separate inquiries or not, either way I was wondering if you guys knew if after 12/8 (30 days since I was approved) the rate would change on my Tesla Financing or if it would maintain the 2.49 I was originally approved for till the 60 day mark? Thanks a lot everyone.

Morning all. Ordered a few days ago and had a couple questions as they seem to contradict some things I have heard:

1. Have read that VIN comes within 24 hours. No VIN yet. Normal? Not a big deal other than when you consider #2...
2. My date has already changed from an expected delivery of "February" to "Dec 14-30". So is it normal to change that drastically in a day and if it's out there as a more firm windows shouldn't the VIN be out there?

More curiosity than anything else ;)

Morning all. Ordered a few days ago and had a couple questions as they seem to contradict some things I have heard:

1. Have read that VIN comes within 24 hours. No VIN yet. Normal? Not a big deal other than when you consider #2...
2. My date has already changed from an expected delivery of "February" to "Dec 14-30". So is it normal to change that drastically in a day and if it's out there as a more firm windows shouldn't the VIN be out there?

More curiosity than anything else ;)
1. VIN does not come in 24 hours. Can take months. Since it is Model 3 will probably be a month or can actually be this month since many people are putting their cars on hold until January.
2. Yes this is normal. Expected delivery can change 3-4 times a month or even more.