Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a window of March 18-26 and called yesterday and decided I want to add my car as a trade in and they opened up the trade in part of the account. Does anyone know if that will delay my order?

No, it will not hold up the order. We did the same thing last month on my wife's car. We also rejected the trade after seeing the $4,800 lower offer by Tesla as compared to Carvana and rejected the trade. I'd didn't slow down anything.

Last time I looked with Tesla it was about $2,000 lower than Vroom who had the highest. But it would bring taxes down by about $1500 so for $500 less it would be much easier as I live 4 hours from where I am picking up the car and wouldn’t need to find alternative transportation

Last time I looked with Tesla it was about $2,000 lower than Vroom who had the highest. But it would bring taxes down by about $1500 so for $500 less it would be much easier as I live 4 hours from where I am picking up the car and wouldn’t need to find alternative transportation

We went through the same though process. Trade in used to get to the delivery center 5 hours away (OKC to Kansas City) would be nice, except taking a bath on trade $$$. We went with a rental car one way and drove up the day before and still came out way $$$ ahead by not trading in.

Picked up my LR AWD yesterday [3/3] from the Indianapolis delivery center. Great experience all around as the car was ready ahead of time and sitting out front. From my perspective the car was near perfect with no noticeable panel gap or paint issues. Some minor scratches on rear taillight plastic that they buffed out while there. In and out in about 20 mins for my 2 hour drive home. Heated steering wheel works great!

Picture post removing the aero covers. Now on to trying to figure out what to do with the 1 hr per day I will get back not refreshing my account page. Good luck to all those awaiting delivery.

IMG-0960.jpg

Picked up my LR AWD yesterday [3/3] from the Indianapolis delivery center. Great experience all around as the car was ready ahead of time and sitting out front. From my perspective the car was near perfect with no noticeable panel gap or paint issues. Some minor scratches on rear taillight plastic that they buffed out while there. In and out in about 20 mins for my 2 hour drive home. Heated steering wheel works great!

Picture post removing the aero covers. Now on to trying to figure out what to do with the 1 hr per day I will get back not refreshing my account page. Good luck to all those awaiting delivery.

View attachment 641952
Link to the wheel caps please

Nice car!

With all these cars getting their aero hubcaps removed, I'm starting to think Tesla would've done good to make the hubcaps optional for LR cars and standard equipment for SR's. With the increased range of the car, many here wouldn't be too bothered by a 5% range reduction.

Order date: 1/22
Initial estimate: March 06 - March 31
Changed to: 6-10 weeks after order
Changed to: March 08 - March 28
Changed to: 6-10 weeks after order...
Changed to: March 02 - March 16
Changed to: 6-10 weeks after order..
Changed to: March 04 - March 24
Changed to: March 05 - March 23
Changed to: March 05 - March 24

Now: March 06 - March 24

Looks like I'm on the day counter now!