Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is ridiculous waiting over one month for a stupid car.
i am almost at the verge of cancelling my order. If they can not deliver the car in two weeks. Shows Tesla is not ready for primetime.
In the current situation it is perfect normal that we have these delays. No automaker is immune from the current supply chain issues and employees getting sick because of covid.

Reactions: Choncho
Took delivery today
VIN 156xxx
01/15 production date

Intel atom

The quality of the car is superb!! No panel gap whatsoever
Wonderful to hear! I'm VIN156XXX / production date 1/15 too and take delivery in Rockville, MD next Saturday the 29th. 99.999% certain that I'm looking at the Intel Atom and conventional 12v as well, but I'll GLADLY take those in exchange for superb build quality, no panel gaps, and no "issues" next Saturday :)

Congrats on your new ride!

While we're all desperately refreshing our Tesla account for our VIN, how many of you are installing a home charging solution prior to delivery?

I went with a 240V NEMA 14-50 because the 30% federal tax credit was not renewed and my local rebate requires a permit (my city makes getting a permit harder than getting a Tesla with no panel gaps). Paid ~$200 for material+labor since I already had the breaker box in my garage. Just bought the $30 wall mount from Tesla -- good enough for me.

While we're all desperately refreshing our Tesla account for our VIN, how many of you are installing a home charging solution prior to delivery?

I went with a 240V NEMA 14-50 because the 30% federal tax credit was not renewed and my local rebate requires a permit (my city makes getting a permit harder than getting a Tesla with no panel gaps). Paid ~$200 for material+labor since I already had the breaker box in my garage. Just bought the $30 wall mount from Tesla -- good enough for me.
Doing the same as well, honestly it's good enough. Should be able to get a full charge over most evening/nights.

Reactions: lexapro
New to the forum. New (soon, hopefully!) to Tesla.

With the delay of the Cybertruck, decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on a Model 3 LR AWD. Ordered on January 13th, with the website estimating my config would be ready sometime in March. Was surprised to shortly get my first (actual) EDD of 2/13 - 3/13. I know that's just a rough guess at this point, but I was still somewhat taken aback that it could possibly be that early. Especially since there are many of you here who ordered many weeks ago and still haven't gotten your delivery.

Best of luck to all!

Reactions: Paul4343 and Crany
The white interior is gorgeous. But we went with black. Our lifestyle, especially mine, involves getting dirty pretty often - working on things, cavorting on a diesel compact tractor, that sort of thing. Keeping a white interior white would be a losing battle long term.

As an aside, the Owner’s Manual warns against seat covers - they could interfere with the side airbags. Does anyone use them anyway? We’ve used them before in cars that warned against them, and the better ones have cutouts to seem to allow for airbag activation. Even with a black interior, we’d like to protect the seats from wear.

I have a NEMA 14-50 and a hardwired ChargePoint charger. I can charge 2 cars at the same time. I went with that setup when I bought my Model Y. Because I knew I was getting the Model 3.

Reactions: lexapro
OD: 11/11/21
MSM/Black/Aero/No FSD
North Carolina

DEC: VIN, unmatched, held to 2022
1/1: EDD 28 JAN - 25 FEB
1/21: EDD 09 FEB - 23 FEB
1/24: VIN Received in account, no text/email yet - 159XXX
1/24: EDD 09 FEB - 13 FEB

Not a lot of feedback out there that I can find on 159XXX series VINs, so I'll be sure to report back once I find out what it's kitted with.

OD: 11/11/21
MSM/Black/Aero/No FSD
North Carolina

DEC: VIN, unmatched, held to 2022
1/1: EDD 28 JAN - 25 FEB
1/21: EDD 09 FEB - 23 FEB
1/24: VIN Received in account, no text/email yet - 159XXX
1/24: EDD 09 FEB - 13 FEB

Not a lot of feedback out there that I can find on 159XXX series VINs, so I'll be sure to report back once I find out what it's kitted with.
Did you text them and inquire about the processor and 12V battery? That's how I got feedback on my 156xxx and 158xxx VIN. Both had Intel and the 12V lead-acid battery.