Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone used Carvana to sell their current car? I'm just curious how many days you have to schedule the pickup/exchange once you upload all of your documents. My current quote expires today but I'm dragging my feet for obvious reasons. Trying to minimize the amount of time we are down to one car in our household. :)

Reactions: Maric
284512F4-1023-41F1-AC91-D4504BEC6B6A.jpeg

Scheduled on 27th and changed from Sunnyvale shop to home delivery. I have no idea why the delivery location has been changed.

What a SHlT show with these headlights. Everyone figured the shortage was resolved for that short period, but seems like they can't get a grip on the supply of these lights.
You can find lots of people talking about the missing matrix headlights in this thread.

2022 Q2 production Model 3 missing matrix headlights?

It's a supply problem. Parts from some supplier just aren't being delivered to Hella, so Hella can't build the lamps, so Tesla can't install them. Meanwhile the supplier of the simpler headlamp is able to get all the parts they need and cars are getting those headlamps instead. The simpler headlamps are very good headlamps. As observed in the linked thread, those who have the matrix versions may never see them enabled because Tesla is busy with self-driving and they haven't been applying themselves to tuning other things like automatic wipers, automatic headlights and so on. Further, by the time they get around to working on the software, they may have moved on to another, incompatible, headlamp.

You can find lots of people talking about the missing matrix headlights in this thread.

2022 Q2 production Model 3 missing matrix headlights?

It's a supply problem. Parts from some supplier just aren't being delivered to Hella, so Hella can't build the lamps, so Tesla can't install them. Meanwhile the supplier of the simpler headlamp is able to get all the parts they need and cars are getting those headlamps instead. The simpler headlamps are very good headlamps. As observed in the linked thread, those who have the matrix versions may never see them enabled because Tesla is busy with self-driving and they haven't been applying themselves to tuning other things like automatic wipers, automatic headlights and so on. Further, by the time they get around to working on the software, they may have moved on to another, incompatible, headlamp.
I don't have a dog in this fight, headlights are headlights AFAIAC but I have seen many folks rejecting multiple cars over this. A guy on Reddit is on his THIRD VIN and Tesla says he takes it or they cancel his order. So, I would say....don't hang your hat on these lights. I would never even know the difference myself.

I don't have a dog in this fight, headlights are headlights AFAIAC but I have seen many folks rejecting multiple cars over this. A guy on Reddit is on his THIRD VIN and Tesla says he takes it or they cancel his order. So, I would say....don't hang your hat on these lights. I would never even know the difference myself.
I think this has been posted before but this thread seems to move faster than an S Plaid so...for those of you wondering what the difference between old and new headlights looks like (not considering future updates), this thread has great pictures:

I think this has been posted before but this thread seems to move faster than an S Plaid so...for those of you wondering what the difference between old and new headlights looks like (not considering future updates), this thread has great pictures:

The old headlights have more diffuse lighting---I bet autopilot/FSD will work better as there isn't an artificial high contrast cutoff. Computer vision amplifies those as they are usually object boundaries.

I don't care about headlights either. But to each his own. I don't think Tesla can force someone to accept delivery though. Granted, I have not read the T&C but given how hot these cars are, someone refusing to accept a particular vehicle should not impact them much. And what if the vehicles actually had other issues?

I just received a call from Tesla about updating my trade-in info. I removed the trade-in two months ago and sold the car but they didn't know that. It was nice to hear, "we're calling people that are soon taking delivery" but I realize that means very little. 😩 I messaged the SA text number earlier today about how quickly I would have my documents after my VIN but they haven't responded.

Order Date: March 8th
Car: M3LR Blue, Black interior, base wheels.

EDD:
End of March
Mid April
May mid - End of June
May 6th- May 27th
May 19 - June 3
May 26th - June 9th
No VIN yet :(

Just got a call form Tesla!! They said that I will be assigned a VIN within this week and asked if I wanted to trade in my car! Making progress!