Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Affinity Federal Credit Union

FlyerDan here on the forums turned me onto them. Cheapest rates I have found so far. Still waiting for my loan to process. Hopefully it will be this week.
How did it go with Affinity for you? Was it painful or painless?

Interesting- I’m a whole month behind you yet my current EDD is only a week behind you. Sigh 😔 I really need you to get your car so I they can get to mine!!
You also have upgraded paint and interior. So technically your in a different queue than that person. I also have upgrade paint and interior, and my EDD lines up with yours, about 2 weeks later, same as our ODD.

Mods feel free to move this if it's in the wrong spot.
Anyone checking the rear motor to see if they are getting the 980 motor with current M3 LR deliveries?
Asking for friend who might be considering the IGENEXT Ghost upgrade for M3 LR with 980 rear motor.

Also wondering if everyone stateside is receiving the Matrix headlights on M3 LR?
EDD staying steady at Aug 22-Sept 24th
Can you say more about the 980 motor, what it means for performance, what is an IGNEXT Ghost, and how does one determine what motor one got?
Since April, some M3’s have come with older premium/ reflector headlights, but most are delivered with global/matrix headlights.

Reactions: statman55
Can you say more about the 980 motor, what it means for performance, what is an IGNEXT Ghost, and how does one determine what motor one got?
Since April, some M3’s have come with older premium/ reflector headlights, but most are delivered with global/matrix headlights.
If you google IGNEXT ghost you will answer your questions. Tldr it is a mod chip that overrides the car software allowing a LR to get more acceleration. It seems Teslas however do not come with a compatible motor anymore.

Wasn't trying to be snarky just saying there is a lot more detailed information out there on this mod

I'd also STRONLY recommend AGAINST doing this to your new vehicle as you will void the warranty and any issues that arise are now your responsibility

Reactions: statman55
. It seems Teslas however do not come with a compatible motor anymore.
Without sounding rude, how do you know? Is there a thread about the M3LR not coming with them? I am fairly new to this forum so it could be major user error if there are like 10 threads on recent deliveries without 980 motors. Thanks for your input. I really do appreciate it.

Reactions: ZZ118
Without sounding rude, how do you know? Is there a thread about the M3LR not coming with them? I am fairly new to this forum so it could be major user error if there are like 10 threads on recent deliveries without 980 motors. Thanks for your input. I really do appreciate it.

Tesla started upgrading the motors in 2019 so it is very unlikely you will have a 980 in a 2022 model. Part of the reason seems to be this ghost mod that they were trying to patch out.

This forum has almost every answer to a tesla question if you know where to look. It really is an invaluable source of info for anyone interested in tesla cars

Again I'd like to reiterate be very very careful if you do this mod. Remember tesla has remote diagnostics and wifi updates etc to your car. It's not farfetched to assume they may have a software to detect these mods even if you physically remove the mod.

Hope this helps you

Tesla started upgrading the motors in 2019 so it is very unlikely you will have a 980 in a 2022 model. Part of the reason seems to be this ghost mod that they were trying to patch out.

This forum has almost every answer to a tesla question if you know where to look. It really is an invaluable source of info for anyone interested in tesla cars

Again I'd like to reiterate be very very careful if you do this mod. Remember tesla has remote diagnostics and wifi updates etc to your car. It's not farfetched to assume they may have a software to detect these mods even if you physically remove the mod.

Hope this helps you
Agreed... Not to mention if they see me hit 0 to 60 50 times in a row at 3.2 seconds they'll know something's up with my M3LR
... I mean my friend yes yes that's it my friend...

Reactions: ZZ118
Agreed... Not to mention if they see me hit 0 to 60 50 times in a row at 3.2 seconds they'll know something's up with my M3LR
... I mean my friend yes yes that's it my friend...
Lol yeah we've all got that friend that does whatever they want ;) tbh all these cars go stupid fast and unless your gonna be in the next fast and furious movie I think you'll be alright

4.2 standard 0 to 60 is already crazy with the 2k boost that drops to sub 4 about 3.8 that's insane. Anything else is just getting into a "ludricrous" speed

Just curious if late march orders or early April orders have been getting VINs. More looking for near the Indiana area. I OD April 7th. Blue Model 3 LR, aero wheels, black interior. Current EDD August 1 - August 15th. Reallllly hoping I don’t get pushed to late August or even worse September.

Just curious if late march orders or early April orders have been getting VINs. More looking for near the Indiana area. I OD April 7th. Blue Model 3 LR, aero wheels, black interior. Current EDD August 1 - August 15th. Reallllly hoping I don’t get pushed to late August or even worse September.
I'm a March order and still have not received a VIN. Hoping I get one soon though.

My new APR rate seems to be 4.24% from Tesla Financing. Previously it was 2.74%.

Just wanted to ask you guys if there are any other good financing options?
I am not worried about 4.24 interest rate but don't want to settle there if I got alternatives.

Any suggestions would really help!

did you ever got this figured out? It you have all your tasks completed, then you should be able to go to completed tasks next to "next steps" and you will see price details including title fee, registration, and sates tax. Hope this helps! You are close to me in Springfield & similar cars!

I just estimated the final sale price and it says completed...*shrug* It says everything is done now so I'm just waiting for the VIN now. Have you checked out apple FCU if your financing? I don't know if their rates changed yet, mine is locked in until 8/30 which I think I'll just miss, but hopefully, I can get an extension. They have by far the best rates I've found across the country.

Last edited: