Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You have any idea why you got your car in early June?
I’m willing to bet it was refused due to the glass top height difference

Attachments

• 7B556634-6D65-477A-82AA-B262F16E1DB4.jpeg
    7B556634-6D65-477A-82AA-B262F16E1DB4.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 105
So I’m going through the pre-delivery steps and I text my SA and asked them to switch me to 3rd Party Finance as I’m gonna be financing through my local credit union and they text me back saying you can now change payment type in the app and I can’t find it. Should I try the 1800 number? Or does anyone have any tips on where I can find that at? I explained to them the reason for the switch from cash to finance.

Reactions: guerro
I got a VIN assigned and showing on my account. Probably account update happened in the past one hour. :)
No call or text or email. EDD changed to 08/03-08/06.
So OD to VIN assignment is 121 days.

Hopefully your is coming in the next week or so!
Happy for you!! That’s a GREAT progress! 🎉 Looks like they started to process more NC orders than last couple months. I’ll refresh my account every couple hours from next week🤪

So I’m going through the pre-delivery steps and I text my SA and asked them to switch me to 3rd Party Finance as I’m gonna be financing through my local credit union and they text me back saying you can now change payment type in the app and I can’t find it. Should I try the 1800 number? Or does anyone have any tips on where I can find that at? I explained to them the reason for the switch from cash to finance.
Have you tried checking your account on the website instead of the app?

I called the 800 number as I’ve never had nor been in contact with an SA. I called the 800 number and spoke with a rep. I told her I received a VIN today (she said sweet!) I told her I was calling to switch from cash to loan. She asked me if it was preapproved (yes) and the name of the lender (NFCU). She then asked the amount, which I provided. She then said the Tesla app would update reflecting our discussion and also to complete the predelivery tasks as soon as possible. Will do.

I ordered a model Y early in 2022, and after several changes in EDD, both forward and back, suddenly got the "you have a VIN" notification.

I now have a model 3 ordered in mid-June, and have had a couple of EDD changes.

The only way I noticed any estimated delivery date changes before the "you have a VIN" moment was either by spotting them on the car listing in the Tesla app on my iPhone, or spotting it on my account web page under "manage this car" while logged in to Tesla.com. I definitely did not get email, text message, snail mail, or other such advice of any of the earlier EDD changes.

• Informative
Reactions: PianoAl
When did everyone get the final amount owed to tesla? I'm trying to figure out the final amount so I can complete my 3rd party loan application.

So I have an order agreement on my page, but it only shows the vehicle, destination charge and order fee, no taxes/registration?
did you ever got this figured out? It you have all your tasks completed, then you should be able to go to completed tasks next to "next steps" and you will see price details including title fee, registration, and sates tax. Hope this helps! You are close to me in Springfield & similar cars!

First time posting in the LR waiting room, but I am in the exact same situation as you!

Got my Final Payment email this morning and VIN as well - 313xxx, delivery window of July 19-23. I am in Vancouver, BC but I guess you're close enough that we're in the same batch and delivery times!
Congratulations!!! I ordered mine a month after you so my 4th EDD should be quite accurate (07/25-08/22).

Which location are you picking up your new ride? I'll be getting mine at Great Northern Way.

Have you tried checking your account on the website instead of the app?
I tried but it wasn’t very helpful there either. :/
I called the 800 number as I’ve never had nor been in contact with an SA. I called the 800 number and spoke with a rep. I told her I received a VIN today (she said sweet!) I told her I was calling to switch from cash to loan. She asked me if it was preapproved (yes) and the name of the lender (NFCU). She then asked the amount, which I provided. She then said the Tesla app would update reflecting our discussion and also to complete the predelivery tasks as soon as possible. Will do.
I’ll give them a call on Monday. My SA just recently became responsive and even then is not very helpful.

Reactions: FLEO SJ
I tried but it wasn’t very helpful there either. :/

I’ll give them a call on Monday. My SA just recently became responsive and even then is not very helpful.
Does the app change when you get a vin to lock your payment? Cause I've always had the option to switch from cash to finance on mine.

I originally had finance but it expired so I switched it to cash. When I first did finance it did lock me into that. However I've never heard of not being able to go from cash to finance before

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220717-011644_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20220717-011644_Tesla.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot_20220717-011719_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20220717-011719_Tesla.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot_20220717-011751_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20220717-011751_Tesla.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 72
Does the app change when you get a vin to lock your payment? Cause I've always had the option to switch from cash to finance on mine.

I originally had finance but it expired so I switched it to cash. When I first did finance it did lock me into that. However I've never heard of not being able to go from cash to finance before
I don’t have that option and I don’t remember it giving me those options before I got a vin either. I may just have to end up calling on Monday for some tech help.
04176451-E87A-44E4-B6FA-AF76A0EE968D.png