Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking forward to seeing if these are much different in features if at all
Definitely the removal of ultrasonic sensors. Probable removal of the steering wheel stalks (web site images still show stalks). Outside chance of a powered frunk. Possible Steam integration.
Is it likely that all those currently waiting for their VIN's will be assigned a 2023 unit? Or does Tesla have a backlog of 2022 units which they could still assign to those waiting?
If you're waiting for a VIN you'll get a 2023. You can confirm that by looking at the VIN when you receive it. The 10th digit will be N for 2022 and P for 2023. They skip O because it can be mistaken for a 0. The only 2022 vehicles that Tesla has on hand are the ones they built and didn't deliver to the customer yet because it would have required expensive expedited transport at the end of the quarter.

Reactions: jpaychek and ZZ118
Definitely the removal of ultrasonic sensors. Probable removal of the steering wheel stalks (web site images still show stalks). Outside chance of a powered frunk. Possible Steam integration.

If you're waiting for a VIN you'll get a 2023. You can confirm that by looking at the VIN when you receive it. The 10th digit will be N for 2022 and P for 2023. They skip O because it can be mistaken for a 0. The only 2022 vehicles that Tesla has on hand are the ones they built and didn't deliver to the customer yet because it would have required expensive expedited transport at the end of the quarter.
@JB47394 what is steam integration? Thanks

Reactions: deuskid
Thanks, I know it is likely.... i'm trying to learn how to confirm with certainty?
The Nickel Cobalt Aluminum (NCA) chemistry is used pretty much everywhere in Tesla's vehicles. The only exceptions are the Model 3 Short Range, which uses Lithium Iron Phosphate (LFP) batteries, and the new Model Y that has the 4680 batteries, which use a Nickel Cobalt Manganese (NCM) chemistry.

Here's a quote from the Model 3 Owner's Manual

"Some vehicles are equipped with a Lithium Iron Phosphate (LFP) Battery. To determine if your vehicle has an LFP Battery, navigate to Controls > Software > Additional Vehicle Information."

Here's what you'll see in a Long Range (left) and Short Range (right)

AI-HW3-Heatpump-LIION.jpg
5655f4d1-3e46-4228-bb0d-e43d1f99d969-jpeg.842816

• Informative
Reactions: deuskid
Ordered my grey RWD with 18’ aero wheels and no FSD on June 1, as of right now the EDD is Oct 26 - Nov 23. Anyone have any idea approx when I'll get a VIN? Also, what are the chances that I receive a 2023 model without the ultrasonic sensors?

Ordered my grey RWD with 18’ aero wheels and no FSD on June 1, as of right now the EDD is Oct 26 - Nov 23. Anyone have any idea approx when I'll get a VIN? Also, what are the chances that I receive a 2023 model without the ultrasonic sensors?
There's no way to predict your VIN date. Your EDD will certainly move a bit before you see a VIN. Anyone who doesn't have a VIN will definitely get a vehicle without ultrasonic sensors. Tesla said that they would be removing them as of this month.
Is there any grounds to reject a VIN if a 2022 model year is assigned instead of a 2023? I am already coming of a 'hold status' and I fear my order will get canceled if I reject a 2022 VIN.
Why would you reject a 2022 VIN?

You want the 2023 so you can say it's one year younger when you resell it?
Well. I just sold my 2021 that was delivered last Nov, they were already delivering 2022 in other markets. If I had refused the car and gotten a 2022 it would have been worth $3800 more. I don’t agree with that anymore than pricing houses at a price per sqft. Just because it isn’t right, doesn’t mean it’s not the way things are.,..

Reactions: SpeedBird23