Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a M3LR 5/8. I just went for my 2nd test drive and spoke to a new associate. There’s many cars on the lot here in Charlotte NC and he said they are waiting on a firmware update and the cars will be ready. He said it should be out mid next week. My delivery date is June 14-30 and said I have a 90% chance to get it then. Just posting for info from my experience. Sorry if this has already been posted lol.
I went to go look at the lot after you posted this but it looks like it was almost entirely model y's on the lot in charlotte, I only saw a handful of model 3's so I wouldn't get my hopes up too much that we'll see any movement this week.

Honestly I feel like the more I check the delivery date the more they push it back haha. This has become my tesla moral support group.
Same here. I asked my SA if there was a chance that I would get my M3LR by the end of June. I was then pushed back to:
  • Delivery date: 5 - 11 weeks from order placed date
  • Previous delivery dates: June 13 - June 30
I held steady at 5-11 weeks all weekend long. It must be a coincidence. LOL

My delivery date was June 6 to 20 when I first ordered on April 12th. It has changed to as early as May 10th which did not happen. Its now sitting at May 31st.

I wonder if there is some kind of buyer psychology at work here by Tesla. You would think if they can build cars this advanced, they would have a system to know when you are going to be receiving it. It makes arranging financing and trade-in a legitimate challenge for the buyer.