Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SA told me they had been given a window of the first week of June to start receiving cars in SoCal. He said that the los angles area should have a very large delivery over the first 2 weeks of June and they will likely be receiving a larger portion of the cars shown in the recent fly overs. Take it with a grain of salt but be said I should be ready for a vin in the first week of june.

Reactions: Andooty and ZYaj
Got this nice message.

Attachments

• 9E10C266-6733-4D81-9E57-DD0A17B923F6.jpeg
    9E10C266-6733-4D81-9E57-DD0A17B923F6.jpeg
    145.2 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: Andooty and ZYaj
Not gonna lie, been waiting to see what you were gonna say cause we are exact matches in every way

Ive also been checking every waking hour please don't judge me
I am picking up from Raleigh as well. I ordered April 11. LR white, bock, aero no FSD. I am now sitting at 8-12 weeks from order date. I have had dates as early as the end of May all the way until the end of June. I hope we all get some vins soon!

Reactions: Justin28645
Someone on Reddit (Delicious_Clue_3942) gave this plausible statement today: "I got a call from my SA: ... They have started shipping cars WITHOUT vin numbers to the destination locations. They are doing this because there are about 10,000 cars that are requiring a firmware update. So to avoid shipping delays they are pushing the cars out now. In my case our cars are here in orlando however they can not release them until they are able to do the firmware update. Once the firmware is pushed the VINS will automatically be assigned and we will have three days to pick up the vehicle. If we are unable to pick up the vehicle at that time we will have to wait for the next batch. He said batches are being released every week throughout June."

Reactions: ShartyMcFly
Someone on Reddit (Delicious_Clue_3942) gave this plausible statement today: "I got a call from my SA: ... They have started shipping cars WITHOUT vin numbers to the destination locations. They are doing this because there are about 10,000 cars that are requiring a firmware update. So to avoid shipping delays they are pushing the cars out now. In my case our cars are here in orlando however they can not release them until they are able to do the firmware update. Once the firmware is pushed the VINS will automatically be assigned and we will have three days to pick up the vehicle. If we are unable to pick up the vehicle at that time we will have to wait for the next batch. He said batches are being released every week throughout June."
Someone posted later that there is no hold…

Did someone reach out to you? I ordered 4/9 and I have not heard from anyone.
Initially they reached out via email a couple days after ordering. I’ve called in a couple times with various questions and they’ve been helpful.

I drove by the dealership earlier tonight and they have about 10 MY and 2 M3 sitting out front - one of them has a sticker on the windshield with a manufactured date of 5/1/21.

Reactions: hatully
Initially they reached out via email a couple days after ordering. I’ve called in a couple times with various questions and they’ve been helpful.

I drove by the dealership earlier tonight and they have about 10 MY and 2 M3 sitting out front - one of them has a sticker on the windshield with a manufactured date of 5/1/21.
Maybe I’ll call them tomorrow. I’m really hoping to get my car first half of June.