Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Honestly at this point I think that whenever Tesla is batching out VIN numbers their software “gets confused and runs home to mama” and throws a generic weeks EDD til everything is updated.

Seems to be a pretty heavy trend in the time I’ve been on the forums that we all get this and then more VINs are assigned. Then back to a date range.

Bonus points if anyone got the jonesy “Hunt for Red October” reference.
I did indeed get the Jonesy reference! Maybe Tesla is dealing with a magma displacement. Well done, sir/ma'am!

Tesla and by extension Elon worship has always been cringe inducing and confusing to me. Often times I think that a lot of people aren’t realizing we are dealing with a billion dollar corporation just like any other, and by design they make money by trying to pull things like this.

They are very lucky that they are far ahead in the front in the EV industry because honestly if other car manufacturers like Toyota had anything close to the Model 3 or Model Y I probably wouldn’t have put in an order
This man is speaking the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I felt every word of this post and you are 1000% right!

Hi All,

Waiting to pull the trigger on my order. I am currently in a 2018 MB Lease that is up in November and want to try to time this as close as possible to giving back the 300 CE. I am willing to pay out a month or two (plus the 595 lease end fees), assuming no other "gotcha" charges - the car is near perfect condition. I am in NJ and want to take advantage of the NJ EV Incentives plus no sales tax. I am wondering if I submit the order (LR, Red, White Interior, 18" Aeros) at the end of July I will pretty much cover the time until at least October or even November delivery. Does that sound about right to most folks. I know this is like a crap shoot, but I don't want to be stuck with 3 car payments (M3, 300CE, Wife's Corolla), but the closer to the last payment for the Benz lease. the better.

Reactions: stEVe91941
Hi All,

Waiting to pull the trigger on my order. I am currently in a 2018 MB Lease that is up in November and want to try to time this as close as possible to giving back the 300 CE. I am willing to pay out a month or two (plus the 595 lease end fees), assuming no other "gotcha" charges - the car is near perfect condition. I am in NJ and want to take advantage of the NJ EV Incentives plus no sales tax. I am wondering if I submit the order (LR, Red, White Interior, 18" Aeros) at the end of July I will pretty much cover the time until at least October or even November delivery. Does that sound about right to most folks. I know this is like a crap shoot, but I don't want to be stuck with 3 car payments (M3, 300CE, Wife's Corolla), but the closer to the last payment for the Benz lease. the better.
I dont think you get charged until you take delivery anyways.

Reactions: Bobo Tinker
Hi, new here. Am I the only one who is at 7-10 weeks? Original order date 4/18, took off of hold on 6/12. MSM, white interior, Aeros, no FSD. In DFW, TX.

New here as well. I'm also at 7-10 weeks as of this morning. Also ordered in April with a May delivery which had to go on hold. Went off hold in early June and finalized financing on June 21. MSM, white interior, Aeros, no FSD. Tampa, FL.

PXL_20210713_182035278.jpg

Now I just need my car...