Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In Northern California

Asked a friend who works in Tesla and he mentioned that because of the chip shortage my car got pushed out to next month (Currently shows 7-10 weeks on the EDD. Used to say June 20th - 30th).

He did mention that if I want a different color I can get one sooner. I have the default white and black interior so I don't know why that would cause an issue. Just going off what I was told. I figure its because its the most popular so high demand.

I dont know how well this would work. YMMV/Grain of salt and what not. Just mentioning what I was told. I would rather wait to keep that beautiful pearl white.

In Northern California

Asked a friend who works in Tesla and he mentioned that because of the chip shortage my car got pushed out to next month (Currently shows 7-10 weeks on the EDD. Used to say June 20th - 30th).

He did mention that if I want a different color I can get one sooner. I have the default white and black interior so I don't know why that would cause an issue. Just going off what I was told. I figure its because its the most popular so high demand.

I dont know how well this would work. YMMV/Grain of salt and what not. Just mentioning what I was told. I would rather wait to keep that beautiful pearl white.
When did you order?

When did you order?
Did $100 deposit end of February. They initially assigned me a vin on March 30th. I told them to keep it on hold until I am ready for the loan so they reassigned the vin to someone who was ready. Got loan approval May 20th from Tesla directly partnering with Chase bank and have been waiting for a vin since then.

So I guess they go off the loan approval date in this case? So May 20th to answer your question

Reactions: M3LRRoadTrips
Anyone gonna cancel their order and opt for a model S plaid? Lol
If only I could afford the $1800/mo. I'd have to move back in with my parents. I don't think they'd agree to a 37yo moving back in just to afford payments on a car! haha! Either that or I'd have to sell everything I own, drop all other hobbies, and start a hot dog and ramen diet...
Small price to pay for 2 sec 0-60 times I suppose. 🤔

Sure, got $100k you can loan me? 😜

I don't need no plaid. Why bother, when I'd just be driving it to run errands. Can you imagine driving that thing to Costco? lol
I mean, since it is electric, it works fine as a grocery car lol. No need to worry about wasting gas and it has even more range than a model 3 LR! Just make sure you hire a personal guard for it so it doesn't get dinged while you go inside.