Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was really hoping to avoid the end of quarter rush & build quality issues, but here we are again. 🙃

1626444399389.png

VIN Received this morning - 6/19 Order in Chicago - MSM/Black/18"/No FSD

EDD went as far out as September 4th but generally hovered between late July and August
Current EDD is July 24th-30th

Please don't kill the messenger, I absolutely sympathize for those who have waited for a long while. Just wanted to share my data if it provides a little bit of optimism.

I’d consider a local credit union etc. (I work for one and haven’t done my application yet, but I know that they will rate match cause of my credit and actually go to 2.24% for 72 months which is a tad lower than what Tesla offers.

Couldn’t hurt to inquire and see what a local CU or your banks credit score guidelines are and go from there. That way once you get a vin you can then do the application etc.
I used PenFed, which is 1.99% up to 60 months. They were able to fedex me the check. Now I just need my car.

They should do away with the EDD if its going to be this finicky and inaccurate!
Couldn't agree more. There's a lot that goes into running a good company. Quality product for a fair price is probably the most important, but customer relations, including managing expectations, is pretty critical too. Tesla is AWFUL at consistent customer relations and realistic expectations. As many have noted, they can get by with it now, since they have such a first mover advantage, but there will come a time that treating your customers this way will cost them a LOT of business.

VIN Received this morning - 6/19 Order in Chicago - MSM/Black/18"/No FSD

EDD went as far out as September 4th but generally hovered between late July and August
Current EDD is July 24th-30th

Please don't kill the messenger, I absolutely sympathize for those who have waited for a long while. Just wanted to share my data if it provides a little bit of optimism.
Wow ordered 3 days after you in Chicago. Here's hoping for a VIN next week lol