Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got bumped back to 9/4-9/24 and has been like that for three days. I was starting to get excited, but I'm still on the very early stages of the roller coaster. Looks like for a couple more weeks or so.

I hope we see more VINs on July orders this week, and hope that all June orders get their VINs if they are still waiting. Weeks are getting longer the closer I get to that elusive EDD.

Does anyone have a suggested checklist for delivery day? It's a 3-hour drive for me to pick up my car (when the day finally comes), so I'd like to make sure I don't drive off without something I'm going to need the next day.

For example, I don't have a Tesla charger, so I will need to make sure I have a J1772 adapter. Or, any extra but useful things that I might want to pick up while I'm at the service center?
Turns out Delivery Day Checklists are a thing. Someone even created a web site and is trying to make money (Tesla Checklists – Checklists for every leg of your Tesla journey), while others are posting theirs.
Here's a pretty good one.
Check this video out too

People do recommend to ask first whether it's OK to spend all this time taking a delivery so they know that you'll take your time. Even if you don't want to (or can't) spend a lot of time, you should check a few basic, critical things at the very least. Although I hope it is very unusual, you could have some issues like
Delivery day! A short story.

I'm pretty excited to get the vehicle. We arrive about 12:15PM and find the car off to the side of the building. My wife and I start inspecting. The first thing I notice is that the car has temp tags. It shouldn't. It should be ready to go to put my tags on it. That's perplexing, which will need to be asked about. We continue inspecting. We see two small paint defects. The first on the rear left side passenger door. It's a lump and quite noticeable. The second is a very minor one on the rear right top of the trunk. We also see what looks like a cracked driver door window but can't tell without opening the door.

I'm not clicking "Accept Delivery" without talking to a Tesla rep and checking that thing on the inside of the door.

I go in to talk to Tesla. A friendly rep comes outside and unlocks the doors for us. The "cracked" window is just some glue on the window. Easy enough. The two minor paint defects she explains are "take it or leave it". I can refuse delivery they will repair them. If I take the vehicle and they get worse, Tesla will not cover them. I didn't debate the how or why because...

My wife says, "You aren't taking this car."

She points our the rear bumper has a chip about 5mm of no paint and a huge scuff, about 12 inches on the back. Looks like something hit the vehicle and scuffed it. Since the chip is down to the bumper color, the Tesla rep says I couldn't take delivery if I want to. The Tesla rep starts to use some yellow tape to mark all of the paint issues we've found including the bumper.

Inside was ok. There were some minor scuffs from people's shoes on the drivers side that wouldn't come out with slight rubbing, which I also identified as need to be fixed. I didn't notice anything with the seats or anything else.

Looks like Tesla is taking my car to the body shop for the work on the bumper. The two minor paint imperfections the Tesla rep believes will be buffed out. She also believes the bumper will just be replaced (funny story there, since my 2020 SR+ front bumper had a paint issue that needed to be replaced too). She expects the work to take about a week. We stressed that we need it to be done ASAP because we're at the point of needing the second vehicle.

We'll see how the plate transfer goes after I get the car assuming everything is fixed.

Overall, an underwhelming experience due to the issues with the vehicle. So, I'm waiting another week or so and we'll see how it looks after everything is addressed. I'll be looking for paint mismatches when I do the next delivery inspection and ensuring nothing else got added to the list.
Lastly, I don't know how Covid protocols may have affected the delivery process, so you may find some restrictions or push back if you want to be thorough.

Good luck everyone, and as usual, congrats to today's VIN lottery winners!!! Hope to be among your ranks soon!

Reactions: Pawther
Curious to see if they’re pushing hard to finish out the quarter next month.

Ordered August 1, initially November delivery date. Then it jumped up to Sept 15-30 and stayed for a few days. Went to October 7 to November 8 for a day. Now it’s back to Sept 15-30. White with black interior and 19s. Hoping for earlier than October/November but I’m expecting it to get pushed back as time goes on.
Ordered 8/12, EDD November. Next day 9/5-9/25, now 9/4-9/24. We will see!

Reactions: blight3
Got my text to schedule delivery yesterday! My delivery appointment is at 11:30am on 8/24 :)

1629140057785.png

I'll definitely post a delivery experience follow-up after!

Last edited:
Got my Vin friday, how long does it usually take to get prompted to review documents or schedule delivery? I am in Miami, FL if that makes any difference.
Got my VIN 8/11 and a text to schedule 8/15. Scheduled for 8/25. Avg. seems to be 4-7 days. You can also text your SA and ask for them to send you a schedule link if they can. Funny enough I was in Miami when I got the text haha, flew back to philly today.