Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery earlier, posted fuller comments here: Master thread: Delivery issues (panel gaps, delivery delays / issues / problems etc) but in summary, minor misalignments with the front doors and frunk, possible dragging brake pad, and weird paint defect on the front bumper, all of which I’ll have them fix. Thought I’d miss my Performance immediately when I took it on a short drive but nope! More than fast enough and the ride feels smoother without losing much of that handling feel. I suspect any noticeable difference adds up to the 19” all seasons vs 20” high performance tires.

Congrats to everyone getting VINs! The squirrels must be working overtime!
Uy5mPhs.gif

Just got my VIN. Current EDD: 8/31-9/06. Just uploaded proof of insurance. Can't wait to pick up in Raleigh. Ironically I got my VIN one day before I'm scheduled to do the "Meet Your Tesla" meeting.
Will be taking Delivery at Raleigh also. EDD. 09/01-09/07. Received VIN 1 hr ago.

Have not accepted delivery yet. Have another order for a MYLR with EDD in October. We are on the ropes. Wife prefers Y, myself likes how the model 3 drives. Will be mostly a commuter car. We have a Pilot Elite, so extra cargo size and seats for family not so important.

Will be taking Delivery at Raleigh also. EDD. 09/01-09/07. Received VIN 1 hr ago.

Have not accepted delivery yet. Have another order for a MYLR with EDD in October. We are on the ropes. Wife prefers Y, myself likes how the model 3 drives. Will be mostly a commuter car. We have a Pilot Elite, so extra cargo size and seats for family not so important.
Sounds like we received our VINs at the same time. Which configuration did you order? I couldn't take another month of the EDD circus. I'm curious to see which way you guys go. I've already uploaded my insurance info and am just waiting to see when I can schedule to come in to pick it up and give them a cashier's check.

Update for everyone who is curious:

I have finally hit 500 miles on the car since last saturday (delivery day). I know you all might think i’m crazy for driving that much already but trust me when i say this, i just cannot get enough of this car. i’ve already done what i wanted to it and it looks gorgeous under the utah sun (when we aren’t drowned by clouds from wildfires and heavy rain showers the last few days). i love the pearl white color and the chrome delete that makes it pop! i love the acceleration boost and absolutely recommend those with a long range to upgrade if your financial circumstances permit (although i can say with the 18 inch all season tires, it isn’t as aggressive as the performance model 3). i 100% persuade all of you to tint your car because everyone states inside and it’s kinda creepy. i recommend mud flaps if you live in an area where you constantly are kicking up dirt and salt so it doesn’t spray your side body panels. i also will say that tesla has extremely improved their quality to where i took delivery of a near perfect car and have bits and pieces here and there that i noticed like a bigger gap in between the dash and the glovebox and a minor paint swirl on the hood. i love this car, and i know you’ll all love it when you get it! now the journey to getting the car is a bunch of ups and downs but i promise you, it gets better and better after delivery!

Sounds like we received our VINs at the same time. Which configuration did you order? I couldn't take another month of the EDD circus. I'm curious to see which way you guys go. I've already uploaded my insurance info and am just waiting to see when I can schedule to come in to pick it up and give them a cashier's check.
M3LR, pearl white, premium white& black interior, base 18 aero wheels. No FSD

Hey all! Been lurking for a while and appreciate everyone sharing their experiences here as I’ve been waiting with excitement like everyone else.

I just happen to get that precious VIN email about an hour ago and I have a similar issue as some of you here with delivery/being away conflicts..

SO, I placed my order for an M3LR, pearl white, white/black interior, 18” aero wheels, no FSD on 7/10 at a showroom on Long Island. Back then, the estimated delivery was 11-17 weeks. After my rep explained the delivery process, I told him I can’t have it come Labor Day weekend as I will be away, and quite confidently he said’ “With that window? Don’t worry, it won’t come Labor Day weekend.” So I said alright, let’s do it. And what did my window just narrow down to after getting my VIN? 9/3-9/6 - EXACTLY while I’m away (just previously it was 9/2-9/10).

So obviously this is why I don’t play lotto, but I’m really hoping something can be done, especially after that “assurance” he obviously gambled on.. I’ve already sent him an email asking for help. Hoping he can have the scheduled delivery center hang onto the car until I can grab it when I get back like a similar experience posted here previously (thanks for the advice!). If anyone has any further tips on avoiding losing out on this delivery I’m definitely all ears.

I’ll keep you posted if anyone is interested in how it turns out. Best of luck to all of you getting yours and thanks!

Update for everyone who is curious:

I have finally hit 500 miles on the car since last saturday (delivery day). I know you all might think i’m crazy for driving that much already but trust me when i say this, i just cannot get enough of this car. i’ve already done what i wanted to it and it looks gorgeous under the utah sun (when we aren’t drowned by clouds from wildfires and heavy rain showers the last few days). i love the pearl white color and the chrome delete that makes it pop! i love the acceleration boost and absolutely recommend those with a long range to upgrade if your financial circumstances permit (although i can say with the 18 inch all season tires, it isn’t as aggressive as the performance model 3). i 100% persuade all of you to tint your car because everyone states inside and it’s kinda creepy. i recommend mud flaps if you live in an area where you constantly are kicking up dirt and salt so it doesn’t spray your side body panels. i also will say that tesla has extremely improved their quality to where i took delivery of a near perfect car and have bits and pieces here and there that i noticed like a bigger gap in between the dash and the glovebox and a minor paint swirl on the hood. i love this car, and i know you’ll all love it when you get it! now the journey to getting the car is a bunch of ups and downs but i promise you, it gets better and better after delivery!
This is awesome and I’m very happy for you! Not sure it’s making my wait any easier though! 😂

Reactions: richieyim